• Please log in to reply
1169 replies to this topic

#16 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,464 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 12 October 2011 - 13:36

This game should be good, hope they can still hit the note with the rpg elements even though theyve gone down this more action/fps route.

#17 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,190 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 12 October 2011 - 13:40

Very excited for this as well as the new information about Optional Multiplayer coOp I would love to play this with a friend of mine that introduced me to the game.

#18 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,392 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 13 October 2011 - 23:55

Mass Effect 3 may have as much dialogue as first two games combined

Though the first two offered seemingly endless dialogue choices and character interaction, apparently Mass Effect 3 will dwarf them both.

Posted Image

The original Mass Effect reportedly had around 20,000 lines of spoken dialogue, and the second game had about 25,000.
Mass Effect 3 will apparently dwarf both those games, weighing in with a massive 40,000 lines of dialogue. Those of you who like interacting with the side characters of the ME universe should be very happy about this news.
A fan tweeted concerns about the level of Shepherd’s voice volume at an audio designer on the game who replied, “We do our best to keep consistency but it’s tough with 40,000 lines!”

Source: VG247

This is great news. I really hope they add new kinds of dialogue. I missed the interesting conversations I had in the original Mass Effect. The conversations with the Elcor were especially interesting (and funny). :happy:

Also, details on MP:

#19 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,930 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 00:14

Agreed, the Elcor convos were pretty interesting. 40,000 lines of spoken dialogue, wow!

#20 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,659 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:02

Not that I'm complaining or anything but this:

For the first time in the series, players will have skills that start along a single path and then splinter into two branches where they can select only one upgrade or the other along a sequence of possibilities.

Isn't really correct. There were branching power choices in ME2. I'm not sure if this sentence is alluding to there being multiple choices/paths or what, but they did have this "feature" in ME2.

Though, as I said, I'm not complaining. I am all for more RPG elements and "skill trees". The one thing I did not like about ME2 was how far it strayed from ME1's skill/stat/weapon complexity.

#21 ensiform

ensiform

Neowinian

• 562 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:09

Not that I'm complaining or anything but this:

Isn't really correct. There were branching power choices in ME2. I'm not sure if this sentence is alluding to there being multiple choices/paths or what, but they did have this "feature" in ME2.

Though, as I said, I'm not complaining. I am all for more RPG elements and "skill trees". The one thing I did not like about ME2 was how far it strayed from ME1's skill/stat/weapon complexity.

Instead of morphing a single time at (4), its said to be able to continue going and can be morphed several times per power later on iirc.

#22 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,659 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:50

Instead of morphing a single time at (4), its said to be able to continue going and can be morphed several times per power later on iirc.

I figured that's what it was, but it's still not a "new" feature to the series. But it should still turn out much better than ME2's skill progression system.

Also, why was the "[Official]" tag removed?

#23 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,392 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 14 October 2011 - 13:11

I figured that's what it was, but it's still not a "new" feature to the series. But it should still turn out much better than ME2's skill progression system.

Also, why was the "[Official]" tag removed?

It does seem like they're trying to make it look like a new feature. As you said, this was already available in Mass Effect 2. Of course, I'll be happy if they take it a step further by allowing you to further increase an ability (without having to choose a certain path just once).

As for that tag, it was removed in favour of the new tagging system. See here and here.

#24 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,659 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:29

Whoops...seems like a I "accidentally" deleted all of my saves from ME 1 and 2... I guess that means I have to play them both over again in order to get ready for ME 3. Such a shame...

:cool:

#25 YounGMessiah

YounGMessiah

"individual magnets"

• 2,192 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 19 October 2011 - 15:04

I'll accidentally not see my save files, so I can start over again :D.

#26 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,190 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 19 October 2011 - 15:19

Its looking good just makes me mad that i accidentally
Spoiler
So I am going to play through the first 2 again prior to this coming out :p

#27 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,659 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 15:26

Spoiler

Yeah, that happened on my first ever play through. Ever since then, I max out Charm or Intimidate whenever I make a new Shepard in ME1 so I can always get the most out of the conversations.

#28 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,161 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:40

i am very excited about mass dialogues :D One of my fav part of mass effect games.

Spoiler

Good luck :D It's hard to do as much of the side missions when you are playing something for the second time.

#29 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,659 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 14:08

So one thing has been bothering me about ME3 since Bioware first released information about it, is the tech-blade melee attacks.

Has anyone read any explanation about how a virtually displayed stabbing weapon is capable of doing actual harm? Is it like mini mass effect fields projected in such a way as to cause harm? I just don't get it.

#30 Macrohard

Macrohard

Neowinian

• 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 16:07

Anyone else see this when they woke up this morning?

TriForce proudly presents the officially licensed Mass Effect 3 1:1 Scale M-8 Avenger Assault Rifle Replica, masterfully sculpted and painted by the artisans at TriForce. The end result is the most authentic representation of this weapon available on the market. The M-8 is hand-finished and hand-painted to precision quality. Intricately crafted and cast in polystone, it stands a massive 34" in length and weighs in at 20 pounds! Own this authentic piece of videogame history as part of a Limited Edition of 500 pieces worldwide.

Photos @ Source: http://www.projecttr...p=product&id=14