UscTc.jpg

Bioware was recently hit by a leak of the Mass Effect 3?s story which, according to CEO Ray Muzyka, was a massive blow to the development team ? but despite the fact that the story has changed since the leak, he?s asking fans to hold back on spoiling the story for others.

Muzyka struggled to find positives in the leak, but hopes that the discussion will bring more folks into the Mass Effect fold.

?It?s hard to say something like that having a positive benefit,? he said, talking to Eurogamer, ?but if it gets more people to check out Mass Effect 3 that would be a positive benefit, and I think they should, because I think it?s a great game.?

According Muzyka, the leak was difficult for the team to begin with.

?It was disappointing for them, yeah,? he said. ?They?re moving on. They?re making a great game. The script, frankly, has changed a little bit from what was released, too. It?s been edited. They?re always tuning it. They?re always making it better. But yeah, it?s tough when you see your work displayed. You realise only a small number of people are probably going to look at those spoilers in advance.?

Muzyka believes that discovery is a huge part of the joy of playing Mass Effect 3 ? he hopes that not too many fans have spoiled that experience for themselves.

?What I would suggest to the fans is, we?re going to make sure we deliver an awesome experience as we have in prior Mass Effect games. Don?t spoil the story. The fun of the story is uncovering things and exploring and finding new points to adventure in. I hope they don?t lose that joy of discovery.?

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/11/bioware-to-fans-dont-spoil-the-story/

Merged

I'm definitely going to do my best to avoid any spoilers. I guess I'll have to refrain from watching user-made videos on YouTube about Mass Effect 3.

• Like 1

Merged

I'm definitely going to do my best to avoid any spoilers. I guess I'll have to refrain from watching user-made videos on YouTube about Mass Effect 3.

+1

I hate spoilers

• 3 weeks later...

I'd really like to get the collectors edition, but I really hate having cases that stand out from other ones, metal ones more so as I find them to be pretty damn ugly too, lol.

I'd really like to get the collectors edition, but I really hate having cases that stand out from other ones, metal ones more so as I find them to be pretty damn ugly too, lol.

I know, huh? Had to get rid of my Fallout 3 GOTY sleeve because of that :laugh:

Going to be finishing up ME1 in the next 2 weeks on 360 (soooooo wish I could have imported my PC save dammit!) and then will start ME2. Just need to pull away from Skyrim but Bethesda is making that easy for me with how they've "patched" the game. Can't wait to play ME2, the combat looks so much more fun.

I want to get ME3 CE but do you guys think the trilogy collection is inevitable?

I know, huh? Had to get rid of my Fallout 3 GOTY sleeve because of that :laugh:

Going to be finishing up ME1 in the next 2 weeks on 360 (soooooo wish I could have imported my PC save dammit!) and then will start ME2. Just need to pull away from Skyrim but Bethesda is making that easy for me with how they've "patched" the game. Can't wait to play ME2, the combat looks so much more fun.

I want to get ME3 CE but do you guys think the trilogy collection is inevitable?

Doubt it as they are all current gen games meaning it would have to be a 4 disc set, 5 if ME3 is 2 also.

I highly doubt they'd release a Mass Effect trilogy set. A lot of the fans would have already played Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 so it doesn't make sense to bundle all the games together. If anything, they may add space for the two games in the Mass Effect 3 collector's edition.

How much is the ME3 CE for PC?

I don't think the pricing has been announced yet. I expect it to be $100 or less.

I highly doubt they'd release a Mass Effect trilogy set. A lot of the fans would have already played Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 so it doesn't make sense to bundle all the games together. If anything, they may add space for the two games in the Mass Effect 3 collector's edition.

I don't think the pricing has been announced yet. I expect it to be $100 or less.

Okay thanks, I thought I was missing something looking for the pricing lol..

Gosh I want this game to hurry up and come out!

To follow on the Spam, I have to go replay both of them because I lost my save game :(

I had a "perfect" save game from my first play through of ME2, but I lost it.. Now I don't think I will manage it again D:

FUUUUUUUU-

Can't wait for the third though (as per everyone)

• 4 weeks later...

Not really digging the whole pre order exclusives thing. But it seems like they want to continue the trend for dlc weapons and exclusives. Annoying.

I don't mind pre-order bonuses but what annoys me are bonuses that differ from store to store. As a huge Mass Effect fan, I'd love to have all the bonuses because some of them are pretty useful in the game. I don't think they did this with the collector's edition for Mass Effect 2 but they should include all the bonus items in the CE for Mass Effect 3.

I don't mind pre-order bonuses but what annoys me are bonuses that differ from store to store. As a huge Mass Effect fan, I'd love to have all the bonuses because some of them are pretty useful in the game. I don't think they did this with the collector's edition for Mass Effect 2 but they should include all the bonus items in the CE for Mass Effect 3.

Yeah, the store exclusives were really annoying. For me2 I ended up with some armor I never used. I wanted the sniper rifle but it was impossible to get. The ones that bug me the most though were the weapon packs that came out after the game was released. They of course ended up being the best armor and weapons you can get so they make you feel obligated to buy them.