official rpg mass effect bioware pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
1169 replies to this topic

#31 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 16:11

have to wait until march :( was hoping for another january release...

#32 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,393 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:48

have to wait until march :( was hoping for another january release...

Me too, but it'll be worth the wait. Plus... we have Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 to keep us busy.

#33 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,663 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:07

Mass Effect 3 Demo Coming in January

Bioware has also confirmed that Battlefield 3 owners will receive early access to multiplayer before the demo launches in January.

#34 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:09

This game cant come soon enough, i recently replayed ME1 and ME2 all the way through. Saved the Rachni and managed to keep everyone alive at the end of ME2, ive got my save backed up in multiple locations. Looking forward to some more Garrus storylines and an end to the saga.

#35 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,919 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:31

In preperation for this game I decided to give ME2 another chance and I bit the bullet and bought all the dlc I didn't already have and started a new playthrough. Maybe I'll actually finish it this time. Gonna try to marathon it and get it finished by the time BF3 is out. That's looking doubtful though considering I had 30 hours into the game before I stopped playing it. :rofl:

#36 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,663 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 15:01

In preperation for this game I decided to give ME2 another chance and I bit the bullet and bought all the dlc I didn't already have and started a new playthrough. Maybe I'll actually finish it this time. Gonna try to marathon it and get it finished by the time BF3 is out. That's looking doubtful though considering I had 30 hours into the game before I stopped playing it. :rofl:

You really owe it to yourself to play through the whole game and the two "big" DLCs (Arrival and Shadow Broker). The way each piece wraps up the story is really well done. Not to mention it's just fun to plow through enemies once you're higher level.

#37 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,919 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 15:06

You really owe it to yourself to play through the whole game and the two "big" DLCs (Arrival and Shadow Broker). The way each piece wraps up the story is really well done. Not to mention it's just fun to plow through enemies once you're higher level.

I know. I've pre-ordered the ME2 collectors edition and played it for a while after launch. Then it came to light that they would be releasing a lot of dlcs for the game so I just gave up on it and haven't gotten around to playing it since.

Though I still think it's incredibly lame that part of ME3's plot revovles around a dlc from ME2.

#38 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,393 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:39

Here's a co-op screenshot. The quality indicates that it's from the X360 or PS3. You can see more at Joystiq.

Posted Image

#39 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,663 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 21:49

I just finished replaying ME1 from scratch. I got myself a level 60 shep, with all the story decisions how I want them. The game never gets old, I love it. Time to move on to ME2 for the dozenth time or so. I can't wait.

#40 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,820 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:31

Mass Effect 3 Private Beta Unintentionally Released With Xbox Live Preview Update

Posted Image

That’s certainly what it looks like, going by these screenshots. Weighing in at a hefty but manageable 1.81GB, the private beta has provided a number of users a glimpse of the game well ahead of its March 2012 release.

Posted Image

According to the NeoGAF thread where the images were uploaded, the beta is missing textures and sound effects and is by no means the full experience as BioWare intended it. A poster with access to the download mentions there’s a difficulty level “below casual for people who really don’t like the combat” and “a mode that selects dialog automatically for people who don’t like the talking bits.” I’m hoping these are simply jokes, but something tells me they might not be.
Let us know if you’re able to download it. Currently, it appears it’s only showing up for US users that are a part of the Xbox Live Preview Program.
More shots can be found below, and at the NeoGAF link.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mass Effect 3 beta accidentally open to Xbox Preview [Tons Of New Info In OP] [NeoGAF, via GamingEverything]

Of course some people are already screeching about the apparent addition of auto dialog and easier combat modes. Although these modes don't affect you if you don't want to use them, people have wasted no time complaining about them.

#41 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,663 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 17:00

Those screenshots look awesome. I love how they got rid of the stupid skill system of ME2 and went back to a more ME1 type of system. The HUD looks great too.

Damn, I want this game so badly.

#42 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 00:57

So if you select conversation mode>automatic and combat mode>automatic then its like a movie :D

Anyway i hope its not dumbed down version on proper settings compared to me1 sinc ei felt that me2 was a bit.

#43 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• 6,323 posts
  • OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 06 November 2011 - 00:58

So if you select conversation mode>automatic and combat mode>automatic then its like a movie :D

Anyway i hope its not dumbed down version on proper settings compared to me1 sinc ei felt that me2 was a bit.

so like FFXIII

#44 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,919 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:07

I hope they allow a higher fov than ME2. After played that game again the last week or two the screen feels entirely way to cramped. So either the fov needs to be higher or they need to move the over the shoulder camera further back.

#45 thenut

thenut

Gamer / Geek / Guitarist

• 640 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:07

Everyone's complaining about the quality of this leak. For something 4-5 months from release I found it to be worthwhile. I've said it a dozen times now. Sure I encountered bugs but it's unfinished and there's placeholders all over. It's not something people should be concerned about.

Accidental or not it was great to glimpse some of the possible design changes. They could stay or go but seeing what they're up to was definitely nice.

All in all I'm glad I had the chance to play it. Especially since it wasn't the same as what I saw at PAX, E3, etc.