If aliens existed/visted earth

169 members have voted

1. 1. If aliens existed should it be exposed to the wider public?

• Yes. We all have a right to know if other intelligent life forms exist!
    • No. People would panic and this could lead to anarchy!
    • Other. Specify.
  2. 2. What do you think would be the outcome of your answer to Q1?

• Humans would be fascinated and welcoming.
    • We'd all lose it and anarchy would reign supreme
    • Other. Specify.

We are slowly being brainwashed by hollywood to accept that aliens exist. Just take a look at how many alien/sc-fii movies are released every year. Why is this so? What could be the reason.

It's simple, aliens don't exist, an yes I enjoy sci-fi and alien movies.

Google is your firend (sometimes) :-)

:rolleyes:

cooI story bro , needs some dragons and aliens.

Aliens are the discussion of this topic. I didn't think I needed to mention them. But I did forget about dragons. Something I am ashamed of :(

I think knowing that aliens exist would be the best thing ever for the human race. Not only would we realize we're aren't along in this universe, it would give all of mankind a common enemy. Well, except for the traitors who worked with them.

I think knowing that aliens exist would be the best thing ever for the human race. Not only would we realize we're aren't along in this universe, it would give all of mankind a common enemy. Well, except for the traitors who worked with them.

I agree that such knowledge can potentially unite the whole human race and this is undoubtedly a good thing.

However, I don't think that all the aliens are hostile.

You see, I'm a strong believer in the application of Newton's third law of motion beyond just physics (to every action there is always opposed an equal reaction). So, if there are hostile aliens running amok across the cosmos preying upon the weak civilizations, then there must be some kind of inter-galactic police force there.

I believe in good vs evil, the justice, and the propensity to balance.

• 11 months later...

I know this topic is old but I still think it is an interesting conversation and it seems silly to create a whole new topic for it.

Anyone else wish to weigh? Change their position?

We are slowly being brainwashed by hollywood to accept that aliens exist. Just take a look at how many alien/sc-fii movies are released every year. Why is this so? What could be the reason.

It's simple, aliens don't exist, an yes I enjoy sci-fi and alien movies.

Google is your firend (sometimes) :-)

Could you provide evidence to that? Or have you personally visited the Billions, possibly trillions of Planets out there and checked? Or if you are getting it from a book, could it be a book that wasnt written by a bunch of superstitious primitives.

Couldn't you have waited until next month and then celebrated the threads birthday of its last post?

I could have, but then I would have robbed you of the opportunity to point that out ;)

This is a pretty commonly asked question: If intelligent alien life existed and visited earth, should the wider population be informed or would it be more prudent to keep it a secret?

Some things you might consider before answering:

1. Are the aliens hostile or friendly?

2. Do the aliens want their existence to be widely acknowledged? If not, do we have a right to disclose that they do anyway?

3. What is their purpose of arriving, e.g. In need of asylum, refugees, resources, trade technology, simple exploration etc.

If you're wondering why I put this in the conspiracy area instead of somewhere else, it's simply because some people already believe there is a conspiracy to cover up the fact that aliens have already visited, regularly visit or are on their way.

I added a rough poll just to stimulate discussion, feel free to elaborate in a reply. :alien:

1. Are we alone? - No. One must be a real ignorant to think we are the only ones in the universe.

2. Are aliens good or evil? - We do not know, but if there is evil here, I am sure there is evil out there as well.

3. Do aliens want Humans to see them? - I think so.

4. Will aliens make "official" first contact with Humans? - Definitely. It's only a matter of time before they do.

5. Is the government hiding the truth about aliens? - They are hiding something, otherwise why are they so worried about people taking a peak at Area 51 all the time if all they have there are "secret military planes"? - Give me a break.

whose to say that they haven't? nobody knows....except for wack jobs that make false claims....but seriously. <Something to think about, huh? I like these form your own opinion type of threads, personally.

1. Are we alone? - No. One must be a real ignorant to think we are the only ones in the universe.

2. Are aliens good or evil? - We do not know, but if there is evil here, I am sure there is evil out there as well.

I'm sorry, but what evidence do you have of alien life? You can't simply argue the universe is a big place, therefore alien life must exist.

Respectfully, you're using the word ignorant, ignorantly.

As far as the words "good" and "evil" go, I think they are nebulous, superstitious words.

I'm sorry, but what evidence do you have of alien life? You can't simply argue the universe is a big place, therefore alien life must exist.

Respectfully, you're using the word ignorant, ignorantly.

As far as the words "good" and "evil" go, I think they are nebulous, superstitious words.

What evidence do you have that there isn't any more life in the universe?

5. Is the government hiding the truth about aliens? - They are hiding something, otherwise why are they so worried about people taking a peak at Area 51 all the time if all they have there are "secret military planes"? - Give me a break.

Deflecting and misinformation is a good way to keep busy looking for something else why you're off doing something completely different. It's also safe to say if you have secret black projects being developed, you are worried about prying eyes. It's silly to say you need an alien excuse to want to keep something secret.

What evidence do you have that there isn't any more life in the universe?

I don't need to have evidence there isn't, you need to have evidence there is. The burden of proof isn't on me. I really don't understand why people have troubling grasping this very straight-forward point.

The person or people who make a claim have to be the ones to provide the evidence for it.

• Like 3

I don't need to have evidence there isn't, you need to have evidence there is. The burden of proof isn't on me. I really don't understand why people have troubling grasping this very straight-forward point.

The person or people who make a claim have to be the ones to provide the evidence for it.

You said it yourself: There isn't any evidence indicating that we are the only living beings in the universe, therefore you cannot sit there with a straight face and tell us that we are the only living souls in the entire God-created universe. Common sense tells you that if God was God here, why couldn't he be God somewhere else as well? Common sense my brother...common sense.

NASA recently discovered Earth-like planets hundreds of light years away, unfortunately we can't go there, but if we could, I would be more than glad to take you with me to show you and proof to you that our Earth is not the only planet with living lifeforms in the universe.

Also, you do realize that Mars has ice caps right? Ice is made of frozen water and water is the main source of life. Mars had life at one time thousands of years ago according to NASA. Where did they go or what happened to them is still a mystery, but there was life there at one time. Here you go, just for you:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/12/us/nasa-mars-rock

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/news/msl20130312.html

• Like 1

You said it yourself: There isn't any evidence indicating that we are the only living beings in the universe, therefore you cannot sit there with a straight face and tell us that we are the only living souls in the entire God-created universe. Common sense tells you that if God was God here, why couldn't he be God somewhere else as well? Common sense my brother...common sense.

NASA recently discovered Earth-like planets hundreds of light years away, unfortunately we can't go there, but if we could, I would be more than glad to take you with me to show you and proof to you that our Earth is not the only planet with living lifeforms in the universe.

Also, you do realize that Mars has ice caps right? Ice is made of frozen water and water is the main source of life. Mars had life at one time thousands of years ago according to NASA. Where did they go or what happened to them is still a mystery, but there was life there at one time. Here you go, just for you:

http://www.cnn.com/2.../nasa-mars-rock

http://www.nasa.gov/...sl20130312.html

Although I agree that there a great chance that there is life out there, maybe even just bacteria, maybe intelligent forms of life, we have yet to find any evidence. The articles you link to simply indicate that mars could have supported life, not that it definitely did.

They are hiding something, otherwise why are they so worried about people taking a peak at Area 51 all the time if all they have there are "secret military planes"? - Give me a break.

Yes, they are hiding something. No one knows what it is. You're obviously interested in aliens and are pulled to the idea based on a lot of myth that alien technology/aliens are located there. All anyone knows is that something may be hidden there.

Though the following video strongly uses examples of the super-natural, it is also very poignant here IMO. Just replace any reference of "super-natural" with "extra-terrestrial" as you watch ;P

You cannot assume something exists because there isn't evidence that it doesn't exist. It doesn't work like that.

Also, common sense is not much use in science & logic.

That's an assumption. It could very well be true, I wouldn't bet against it, but it's an assumption none the less & I wouldn't be so ignorant as to act like I've been there & know.

You mean military planes aren't exciting enough for you? I find it bizarre that you think it's more likely they are hiding an alien spaceship or some other interstellar doodah. Talk about fantasist.

But, hey, I've never been Area 51 so maybe they do have a crystal powered monkey navigated inter-dimensional time machine. I just think...well.. probably not; or at least I'll wait til I see it.

######!?

When did god come into the topic? Again this claim of god falls on you to provide the evidence of it's existence. Just like the aliens you say exists but have no actual evidence of.

• Like 2

To ALL of you non-believers and skeptics:

Alien contact will be made before this lifetime is over. Mark my words because less than 50 years from now, it will happen. We'll see who the fantasist is then.