My future book purchases will be...

65 members have voted

1. 1. My future book purchases will be...

• ... on paper.
    • ... ebooks.
    • ... audio books.
    • I'm going to wait for the film(s).
    • What are these books you speak of?

I don't own anything to read ebooks comfortably and I don't plan on buying one, so I'll stick to paper books, thanks.

(Y) - My fear is also when kindles stop supporting the ebook format, or when it is updated. Yes, this might be 15/20 years away but then you might have to replace your whole collection. I'm happy with physical books which I can read FOREVER.

Although I do understand kindle's are easier to store books. Your whole library in one little device. But then I like to read books in bed, I wouldn't feel the same with a kindle.

My fear is also when kindles stop supporting the ebook format, or when it is updated. Yes, this might be 15/20 years away but then you might have to replace your whole collection.

Get a copy of Calibre.. converts whatever to whatever. Pretty handy program to have no matter what reader you pick.

Paper. Ebooks are too expensive compared to paper (can buy a book for <£2, whereas eBook is usually hardcover price so £8>). Plus the cost of the device itself. For a device and some books I could buy like 50-80 paperbacks so as I like reading more than having a somewhat pointless device, I'll go for 50 books. Just don't see the point of it.

And I like collecting series of books to go on my shelves (have all Tom Clancy's, Simon Scarrow's, Clive Cussler's "Pitt" novels and most of Bernard Cornwell's "Sharpe" series which I'm currently working through).

My main issue with physical books is their condition. I am really OCD about the condition of my books, to the point where I dislike creases on the spine and such. With a Kindle there'd be no damage possible to the actual book. Maybe I'm strange in that sense, though. :p

i know exactly what you mean, there is a quality to books where you just want to ruin them. Im also a collector of signed books, i have a few authors where i like to get the first editions, signed by the author, its not a bad collection but i treat the books like a shrine, i don't like handling them much as i don't like the grease/acid from my fingers getting onto the paper.