Developing iOS apps on Windows?

Question

What methods are available to create iOS apps on Windows? I have heard of FireMonkey (using Delphi). Anything else?

More importantly, what is the easiest? And what is the least expensive software?

5 answers to this question

Flash, isn't that the other one? That's why Apple was all up in arms about using "other development platforms" to code apps for iOS devices? They eventually backed off that but i think that's it (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

cheapest.. anything is free if you do it right.

my set up...

windows 7 (intel machine) VMware workstation 8 + mac server (only servers can be legally used on vmware but it works just the same)

and then there we go you have a mac on your windows then you just download the tools/environment

What methods are available to create iOS apps on Windows? I have heard of FireMonkey (using Delphi). Anything else?

More importantly, what is the easiest? And what is the least expensive software?

Well, the best legal alternative is to use PhoneGap. There, you can write one app using combined HTML, JavaScript and CSS and then you can export it to any platform you like. To my knowledge, it supports Android, Blackberry and iOS. So, one you have a working piece of code, you can produce apps for multi-platforms at once. Pretty cool, huh?

Well, the best legal alternative is to use PhoneGap. There, you can write one app using combined HTML, JavaScript and CSS and then you can export it to any platform you like. To my knowledge, it supports Android, Blackberry and iOS. So, one you have a working piece of code, you can produce apps for multi-platforms at once. Pretty cool, huh?

Except for the fact that it can only be used for displaying basic HTML, and cannot be used for games etc...