Jeremy Clarkson strike comments bring BBC apology

Whilst watching the video on this website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15977813 I notice that the woman speaking after him suggests he is inciting hatred and then compares him to gaddafi? What a thick b*tch. Even if he was serious, Clarkson has never actually rounded people up and shot them. Comparing his words to years of actual genocide is ridiculous.

People really need to get a sense of humour again. Clarkson should just tell everyone that's offended to wait 5 minutes while he reloads! :p

exactly, people can't wait to make an issue about something so stupid, well the irony its rather comedic to say the least :D

Oh dear, Unison are looking at legal advice and Clarksons comments have been referred to the police and he could be under a police investigation according to various sites around the internet.

Talk about blowing it out of all proportion.

He will be forced to make a public apology, which he will p1ss on on the next top gear anyway

Apparently he went on to say

"Why do we have to stop when someone jumps in front of the train we're on, why bother stopping, its not going to make them better"

Replace Strikers with Jews and then see how many laugh about it.

Brilliant - so should he be punished now because he could have said Jews instead of strikers but didn't?

One group is a religion, the other is a bunch of cretins who think the only way to get an improved pension is to walk out on their responsibilities and inconvenience other members of the public.

Unison are a power hungry group of muppets who look to initiate strike action at every possible opportunity so they can try and exert some sort of influence over a government.

Jeremy is paid by the taxpayers as well as public sector workers, he also enjoys lovely pension with the BBC.

I wonder what he would do if his pension was suddenly changed?

You'd think this is the first time he has said something "outrageous".

The thing is, a lot of people think like Clarkson and probably agree with his opinions. He likes to exaggerate things to get his point across, that's why he is so popular amongst most people.

People need to get off their high horse. If he actually went out and shot them, then complain. All he is saying that they shouldn't go on strike and gave his reason why. He just said it in his Clarkson style.

Jeremy is paid by the taxpayers as well as public sector workers, he also enjoys lovely pension with the BBC.

It probably has. It's hard not to find someone in the UK who's had a hit to their pensions. Does that mean the entire country should just stop working? Does that solve anything?

The worst thing is that all of these problems have been caused by a government that is no longer in power - so striking is utterly pointless and does nothing but effect people who are struggling on a daily basis just like them.

They should just stick to working to the best of their ability and look at other ways of saving some money for retirement. Granted that's not easy in the UK given the fact that pay is so crap compared to the cost of living.

The BBC already closed off their final salary pension scheme.

Edit: Here you go: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/7860907/BBCs-closure-of-final-salary-pension-scheme-could-be-a-blueprint-for-the-public-sector.html

Looks like that headline is spot on!

I support the strikers but I really don't care what Clarkson has to say, no one should take him seriously.

It probably has. It's hard not to find someone in the UK who's had a hit to their pensions. Does that mean the entire country should just stop working? Does that solve anything?

I came to the conclusion that pensions are a scam. You pay money into a black hole, hoping that you'll get a decent return but can find the terms changed at any time, you constantly have to fight to keep what you were originally promised.

NHS pensions don't even send you a contract or any guidance whatsoever on what you might get, you have to get Googling for info. They don't even send annual statements to tell you what you've paid in.

I think the stars aren't usually directly employed by the BBC in the same way. I think they are self employed but contracted to the BBC. Not the same as BBC staff. Although he does get a whole load of tax payers money.

As for this asinine Jewish idea. By that argument could replace shot with cuddled. Whole thing goes away then.

Also: What people are doing (eg striking or strikers) != Group of people (Eg Jews)

Brilliant - so should he be punished now because he could have said Jews instead of strikers but didn't?

The point is, it's seemingly acceptable for him to say that about Strikers, but had he done the same to Jews (as an example), the furore would be deafening. It's hypocritical. It's inciting hatred towards a group of people. Some may say it's just a joke, but again, replace the word "Strikers" with a different group of peoples and you'll get a media storm. The way I see it is, if it's not acceptable to say it about one group, why is it acceptable to say it about another?

One group is a religion, the other is a bunch of cretins who think the only way to get an improved pension is to walk out on their responsibilities and inconvenience other members of the public.

You are saying they're cretins because they don't want their pensions and rights eroded by an anti-worker government. Wow!

Unison are a power hungry group of muppets who look to initiate strike action at every possible opportunity so they can try and exert some sort of influence over a government.

Erm.. The government is the one trying to take away the worker's rights. The unions are doing what they get paid for, namely, protecting the rights of their members.

I find it shocking how many citizens are so hostile toward their fellow citizens just for standing up for their rights against a tyrannical government led by the pro-bank, pro-privitisation, pro-lower standards of living for ordinary people, tories

Replace Strikers with Jews and then see how many laugh about it.

Replace Martin Luthor King jr with Adolf Hitler and see how those rallies were hugely out of context. Your agument is a joke!

They're not standing up for anything. They're walking out on their responsibilities because they don't know how to negotiate.

And you know, if you're not happy with what's happening to your pension then save money yourself. It's been known that pensions have been going down the crapper for over ten years now.

Pretty sure it was said with a view to being sarcastic, but in this ridiculous world that we live in, you just KNOW that it's going to get taken out of context!

This. Every single person who got angry about it should be taken out and shot. In front of their families. :laugh:

Replace strikers with babies and the man is a monster.

Replace strikers with Nazis and the man is a hero.

Replace strikers with people who stop right at the start or top of an escalator oblivious of the people behind them because they are looking for something and he is a saint.

However he didn't say any of those things or Jews.