MAC OS X on Sony VAIO,

Hey guys i am new on Neowin here though i have been a regular reader from since a year. Anyways, i have been trying to install OS X on my Sony VAIO E series (VPCEH18FG) and had been successful to install it. However, after installing the touch pad and the keyboard of my laptop dont work at all on OS X. The touchpad also didnt worked during the installation. Can someone help me in this please :). and i used

[snipped]

Edited by John S.
no warez talk here thanks
  • Like 1

Have you tried InsanelyMac, or TonyMac? They're probably the two most detailed sources about OSX86 machines. Make sure you know everything about your PC's specs, since it simply may not be compatible and another operating system may have to be selected in replacement of OS X on Windows. It's not an easy thing to install for the most part, but good luck and check both of those sites. They both have forums as well and the regulars on them should know a lot more about what you want to do than the majority of us. :)

If he was going to buy a macbook i don't think he would be posting this!!!

I am going to try it on my brothers comp. today bro and i will let you know how it turn out. He has a sony vaio also!

os x on sony vaio. erm. why not just get a macbook ?

I am not rich :'( cuz here in pakistan i got this VAIO for $950 whereas a Macbook 15 inch costs $1999+.

If he was going to buy a macbook i don't think he would be posting this!!!

I am going to try it on my brothers comp. today bro and i will let you know how it turn out. He has a sony vaio also!

Thanks a lot bro :) You are awesome :p

Have you tried InsanelyMac, or TonyMac? They're probably the two most detailed sources about OSX86 machines. Make sure you know everything about your PC's specs, since it simply may not be compatible and another operating system may have to be selected in replacement of OS X on Windows. It's not an easy thing to install for the most part, but good luck and check both of those sites. They both have forums as well and the regulars on them should know a lot more about what you want to do than the majority of us. :)

the people on tony mac are not helpful at all :( and yes i will try insanely mac :)

The guys at Tony mac are really helpful, Maybe its how you worded your post or even the question you are asking. Give me the link and I'll see what the problem is.

we need ur hardware configs in order to help you... did u installed with a retail disc or a mod? there is a kext to make touchpads to work! post ur config

we need ur hardware configs in order to help you... did u installed with a retail disc or a mod? there is a kext to make touchpads to work! post ur config

My configs are: Intel Core i5 2410M....MEMORY 4 GB....HDD 500 GB...512 MB nVidia 410 M GPU...Atheros A3011 Bluetooth Adapter...Alps- Pointing devices for VAIO..nVidia High Definition Audio.....this is all or do u also need something else?

hmm that nvidia chipset might fare off well, look into the osx86 wiki for a hardware compatibility list

As i have said before OS X works perfectly fine but the touch pad and keyboard dont work..

As i have said before OS X works perfectly fine but the touch pad and keyboard dont work..

I had the same problem on my toshiba, I used multi beast Lion version and installed kexts for keyboard and mouse and it's fixed

You may also want to check the osx86project website. I got a lot of information there when I was doing this. Finally gave up and bought a MacBook Pro, though. However, I can understand why you are trying to do so with your VAIO.

I had the same problem on my toshiba, I used multi beast Lion version and installed kexts for keyboard and mouse and it's fixed

So how do u used the multi-beast when your touch pad and keyboard werent working...

You may also want to check the osx86project website. I got a lot of information there when I was doing this. Finally gave up and bought a MacBook Pro, though. However, I can understand why you are trying to do so with your VAIO.

Thanks for understanding..actually i have tried OS X Lion on vmWare and i fell in love with it..i mean the app accession, the fluidity of the OS is superb!

So how do u used the multi-beast when your touch pad and keyboard werent working...

I think he just connected an external usb keyboard and mice.

I think he just connected an external usb keyboard and mice.

thanks for the suggestion..i would surely try that :)

• 1 month later...