Installing Mac OS X on a PC

Yes it is. But I wont recommend 10.5.x (Never tested on AMD systems, just on virtual machines). You may use 10.6 Snow Leopard - which is also a better OS. I'm using it on my AMD system (the retail one, no distro). To install you'll need the nawcom boot cd

http://prasys.info/2...r-to-empireefi/

It is not against the terms if you buy the retail snow leopard (or whatever) cd/usb/digital download.. what is illegal is to install a distro, because you didnt paid for it. The use of the nawcom mod cd (in snow leopard case) does not break any laws or contracts because it just emulates the darwin (which is open source) and makes an look-like EFI workspace so Mac OS can load itself, applying the necessary tweaks to run it on AMD system - eg Legacy Kernel (also open source)

It is not against the terms if you buy the retail snow leopard (or whatever) cd/usb/digital download.. what is illegal is to install a distro, because you didnt paid for it. The use of the nawcom mod cd (in snow leopard case) does not break any laws or contracts because it just emulates the darwin (which is open source) and makes an look-like EFI workspace so Mac OS can load itself, applying the necessary tweaks to run it on AMD system - eg Legacy Kernel (also open source)

no, it's still against the EULA and terms, as they say it is to only be installed on Apple hardware/computers

but honestly, who really cares and pays attention

MultiBeast and ichameleon ring a bell. I don't remember.

Basis is you modify the loader to accept your computers BIOS.. after that, you install OSX and then boot up MultiBeast which installs your kexts (drivers) for your non-apple hardware. This is tedious and system specific. Just getting the installer to run can be a challenge. There are much better dedicated forums to doing hackintoshes than neowin.

The thing is.. to get it working, do as I previously said to install it (find some guides if you cant install it on your own, but use the nawcom cd + retail snow leopard).. teh multibeast will be used to install audio, lan, fakesmc and video drivers. those are the only "really" necessary requisits

Hey guys, I got a question for you.

Is it possible to install Mac OS X if I buy the original DVD (version 10.5.7).

I got a AMD processor and 2 GB of RAM.

Thanks!

Short answer : NO

Long Answer : you need an AMD specific/optimized kernel (most like voodoo) which is NOT found on the retail version of OSX (10.5.7)

Your best bet: iATKOS v7 DVD 10.5.7 (universal)