Adblock Plus will show 'acceptable ads' by default from v. 2.0 on

My tv is incapable of time travel, so no, I haven't. I watch most of my shows from other services though.

Come on you know what I meant. People use DVR's and record TV these days which gives them fast forwarding capability when they watch the show back from its hard drive.

What other services do you watch shows from?

It's a great idea. I'll most likely allow non-intrusive ads for most sites that I visit. At the moment, I only have a handful of sites that are whitelisted.

Oh really? care to explain?

Pretty sure it was the entire point of being bought by Stardock.

Weird is how you care so deeply to be blinded by reality.

No it wasn't the entire point. I'm not blinded by loyalty either. Neowin is just a site. and I don't mind a few ads. the ads help to pay for the servers, hosting, data traffic, sending journalists to events and interviews, upgrades and so on and so on. just because Stardock owns part of Neowin doesn't mean they're just throwing money at the site. no matter who's at the backend of a site, they won't keep it alive if it's not making money.

maybe you should look into the whole "blinded by" argument yourself. you know the whole can't see the splinter in others eyes due to the I beam in yours." thing

I can live with ads, as long as they're not intrusive... idiots using intrusive ads on their website are the reason why people install ad-blockers... and it hurts legit websites using adequate ads.

Can't stand these Flash ads that pop in the middle of the screen and that you have to close after they're done playing if you want to read the page you're on. Oh and all the ****ty ads that play sounds or videos without your consent ans scare you to death at 2 A.M in the morning.