VLC Seasonal Icon

I'm not sure if this is true on other operating systems or anything, but I opened up VLC today and noticed that the icon has changed to include a santa hat. Attached is a screenshot of the title bar. Anybody else see this? I didn't install any updates by the way.

I'm using VLC on Debian Linux 6.

post-125978-0-89438000-1324520407.png

I'm not sure if this is true on other operating systems or anything, but I opened up VLC today and noticed that the icon has changed to include a santa hat. Attached is a screenshot of the title bar. Anybody else see this? I didn't install any updates by the way.

I'm using VLC on Debian Linux 6.

It's a nice easter egg that's been around for a couple of years now. Basically checks the desktop date on startup and changes the icon automatically during December, then reverts in January to the regular icon.

It's a nice easter egg that's been around for a couple of years now. Basically checks the desktop date on startup and changes the icon automatically during December, then reverts in January to the regular icon.

This... seen it a few times.

But does it happen on all operating systems? For example, does the icon on my OSX dock suddenly have a hat? I would answer the question myself but I'm at work.