LG Fantasy leaked, coming Q1 2012 (Pictures)

Really? Yikes.

Does it do anything special that a finger swipe couldn't handle?

So you constantly complain how ****ty WP7 is but you've never even used it.

It all makes sense now.

You mean like the up arrow button in Android that brings up the apps, I totally don't see the need for that indicator. SInce you own the phone you should know what's on it and where things are. No need for that huge button at the bottom of the screen.

Umm... what are you talking about?...

You do realize I'm talking about the white "wasted" space, right?

So you constantly complain how ****ty WP7 is but you've never even used it.

It all makes sense now.

Please show me where I "constantly" complain about WP7. Nice troll attempt...

Umm... what are you talking about?...

Please show me where I "constantly" complain about WP7. Nice troll attempt...

phone.png

Nice huge button with an up arrow at the bottom, now in v4.0 it's been changed to a grid of dots but it does the same thing. Totally a huge waste of space right there if I'm following your logic.

phone.png

Nice huge button with an up arrow at the bottom, now in v4.0 it's been changed to a grid of dots but it does the same thing. Totally a huge waste of space right there if I'm following your logic.

Well that uses probably less than 25% of the space that WP7 is wasting, but I agree that it could be done better. But if you said it's changed a bit in ICS, then there ya go.

Regardless, this is a slightly different principle. Android is designed with small icons, so there's plenty of space as is.

With WP7, the tiles are large and that little tiny arrow creates a ton of blank space that could otherwise be occupied.

It's not a deal breaker, but honestly the first thing I think about when I see that home screen is "why the hell did they design it like that?".

Well that uses probably less than 25% of the space that WP7 is wasting, but I agree that it could be done better. But if you said it's changed a bit in ICS, then there ya go.

Regardless, this is a slightly different principle. Android is designed with small icons, so there's plenty of space as is.

With WP7, the tiles are large and that little tiny arrow creates a ton of blank space that could otherwise be occupied.

It's not a deal breaker, but honestly the first thing I think about when I see that home screen is "why the hell did they design it like that?".

It's hardly a ton of blank space, it's not even a quarter width of a live tile. Also, it fits into a design element quite nicely. When swiping to the right and you bring up a list of apps, there is an arrow indicating going to the left (back to the live tiles) as well as another icon to search your available apps. This is very similar to the right-hand charm bar in newer Windows 8 builds and makes design sense as all available options in a list-style or tile-style view can be place on the right hand side as small icons.

You may think this is absolutely insane design choice, but as a WP7 user, trust me, it's great just the way it is. Removing those option icons would only add a few extra pixels on each tile and wouldn't really benefit too much to the UX.

At current resolutions, the arrow is fine. The tiles are large enough to be easily identifiable on glance, and making them bigger does not make them any more informative (though it would reduce the number of tiles that fit on the screen).

It looks utterly uninspiring. Why aren't more companies taking note of the Lumia & iPhone and doing something creative?!

As an industrial designer I agree, it really is getting annoying to see companies not pushing their design teams more. At least offer more color choices other than black. Id rather companies put forth a pleasantly designed phone at a higher price tag and keep it on the market for more than a month rather than a cheap look alike phone. designers can be be really creative