Google+ growing at incredible pace of +20 million users a month

Same way Myspace was MASSIVE compared to Facebook and Facebook took over. There is really no difference.

a few things here

1: MySpace was somethign entirely different from FB, Facebook had massively more mass appeal outside of teens making webpages.MySpace was just Geocities social.

2: Myspace was shrinking, FB was growing

3: let's repeat that. FB is GROWING FASTER than G+, FB is KEEPING (retention) more users than G+ .

Lol. I bet most of those are users that sign up for gmail accounts or other google services. I made a new gmail account and it automatically signed me up for G+.

G+ is dead. No one uses it and not enough of a reason to switch from facebook to it because they are more or less the same. Now twitter on the other hand is better than them all.

Totally agree.

I know quite a few people who signed up for Google+, and none of them use it. I signed up for web testing purposes and was quite annoyed that it mined my google mail for people and tried to get me to friend them, most of the people from emails in my gmail were people I had no interest in being friends with.

G+ will die slowly, its another failure.

a few things here

1: MySpace was somethign entirely different from FB, Facebook had massively more mass appeal outside of teens making webpages.MySpace was just Geocities social.

2: Myspace was shrinking, FB was growing

3: let's repeat that. FB is GROWING FASTER than G+, FB is KEEPING (retention) more users than G+ .

Of course FB is not growing faster than G+.. It would help if you argued with actual numbers and facts , care to back your claims with some numbers instead of just wishful thinking?

And no, Myspace was a social network just like Facebook. No difference. The fact that you could skin your page and put widgets were features but the reality is that you had your profile page. Just like you do on Facebook now or any social network. Myspace also had business pages where movie studios and other businesses could create a custom tailored page to promote their brand and services or movies or products or whatever. So you could say the same thing about Geocities approach with Facebook. You don't make sense. And btw, Facebook is basically becoming MySpace with timeline.

No, MySpace wasn't shrinking.. they were exploding and for the longest time MySpace was still the place to be on (especially for music, movies etc) while Facebook was trying to go public. When Facebook went public it started having immense growth and people who used MySpace started using FB. Very similar situation with Google+ only FAR more pronounced because Facebook never grew as fast as Google+ is.

It's the nature of social. People go where the next hot thing is. In MySpace's case that was Facebook. In Facebook's case it will be Google+.

And if it was just Google+ as another Facebook that wouldn't cause people to start joining Google+ and G+ growing rapidly. The fact is that Google+ social network is taking it to a whole new level. Integrating with all of Google's services, integrating with your devices etc.. It will become a part of your life and all of your family and friends.

I guess people saying that Google+ is a failure are the same people who were saying that Android will never succeed. We know how that went.

And when Google+ does in fact takes over Facebook, the same people will be saying how it was because of that and this and how Android phones helped it and so on as it is something bad. But in fact, THAT'S exactly why right now it's increasingly obvious it will happen like that.

Of course FB is not growing faster than G+.. It would help if you argued with actual numbers and facts , care to back your claims with some numbers instead of just wishful thinking?

How about you showing some real numbers, you're only showing G+ numbers,

yes G+ is the fastest growing up to these low numbers. but FB is still outgrowing it. and keeping more users.

The fact is that Google+ social network is taking it to a whole new level. Integrating with all of Google's services, integrating with your devices etc.. It will become a part of your life and all of your family and friends.

Thats not a good thing for everyone. I prefer to keep in control and only use what I want, like I said, I was annoyed that Google+ attempted to mine everyone I'd ever had a email from, whether they was friends, customers or clients. From the start that got my back up and have never used it beyond initial testing period.

The fact is that Google+ social network is taking it to a whole new level. Integrating with all of Google's services, integrating with your devices etc.. It will become a part of your life and all of your family and friends.

But no one I know uses Google outside of their search....

The thing I'm trying to get at is, why do we need two social pages? We HAVE Facebook, but it's not Shrinking like MySpace did, because MySpace was bought out by a mogul who didn't know what to do with it. People are content with Facebook. I've heard no mention of G+ from the public for some time now.

http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics

yeah, I'm sure G+ is beating those anytime soon, with it's crappy user retention and fake inflated numbers (with every activated Android device counting as a G+ user).

not long since that 800Million was 600, heck it's nto long since it was 400. this is called growing faster than G+

But no one I know uses Google outside of their search....

This is the same person who fights against Apple tie in but is jumping up and down about Google tying itself into all your devices and becoming part of your life and in all of your family and friends. You don't see a contradiction in that Boz?

http://www.facebook.....php?statistics

yeah, I'm sure G+ is beating those anytime soon, with it's crappy user retention and fake inflated numbers (with every activated Android device counting as a G+ user).

not long since that 800Million was 600, heck it's nto long since it was 400. this is called growing faster than G+

LOL.. that's your own math.. Statistics you posted don't say anything about growth.

It's a very simple question.. Show me FB growth numbers where they are doing more than 600k+ new users a day and we will end the conversation. It's really simple as that.

Btw, it's not shocking those stats look like that right now because Facebook has 12 times more users. So you can take all those stats and divide them by 12 to get realistic value based on the numbers that are currently active. The bigger G+ becomes the bigger their numbers will be. It's really simple logic. You don't have to be rocket science to put 2 and 2 together.

LOL.. that's your own math.. Statistics you posted don't say anything about growth.

It's a very simple question.. Show me FB growth numbers where they are doing more than 600k+ new users a day and we will end the conversation. It's really simple as that.

Btw, it's not shocking those stats look like that right now because Facebook has 12 times more users. So you can take all those stats and divide them by 12 to get realistic value based on the numbers that are currently active. The bigger G+ becomes the bigger their numbers will be. It's really simple logic. You don't have to be rocket science to put 2 and 2 together.

you're not getting it Boz.........

its all about Retention, not sign up numbers

This is the same person who fights against Apple tie in but is jumping up and down about Google tying itself into all your devices and becoming part of your life and in all of your family and friends. You don't see a contradiction in that Boz?

What contradiction.. all Google's services are very open. Their platforms are open, Android hardware is open. It's not an issue using someone's platform. It's when the owner of that platform such as Apple blackmails you with your content and hardware into continue giving them money and if you don't you lose everything you paid.

It's really interesting thing I notice. People who are arguing the MOST against Google+ and supporting Facebook are the same folks who are Apple fans. Funny coincidence :)

you're not getting it Boz.........

its all about Retention, not sign up numbers

Clearly, Android proved that :rolleyes:

Your precious Apple is your own contradiction. They have 99% of user retention because of their locked platform and the way they run business and they STILL can't grow marketshare and will eventually lose it.

What contradiction.. all Google's services are very open.

ROTFLMAO

It's really interesting thing I notice. People who are arguing the MOST against Google+ and supporting Facebook are the same folks who are Apple fans. Funny coincidence :)

Clearly, Android proved that :rolleyes:

hmmm, try opening your eyes, I don't see Apple fans here.

Latest public numbers. showign only the "top" countries. already these beat G+ in one month so total for all of FB...

http://gold.insidenetwork.com/facebook/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Facebook_Top_Gainers_September_2011.jpg

Seriously, you're calling ME! and apple fan ? ME? seriously ? that's great, that's hilarous.

What contradiction.. all Google's services are very open. Their platforms are open, Android hardware is open. It's not an issue using someone's platform. It's when the owner of that platform such as Apple blackmails you with your content and hardware into continue giving them money and if you don't you lose everything you paid.

How is that different from Android ? I move from android to iOS or WP7, and I lose my android apps. iOS doesn't look you in any more than that. I can run my evernote which I can use on my WP7 phone and my computer and my iPad2. Which btw I bought despite my dislike and arguably hatred for all thing Apple, because there simply was nothing that cam close to it in quality, android pads are a joke right now. They need to realize that pads are an app centric device, not an info(widget) centric device like a phone.

Also about openess. G+ API's is made so only Android devices can fully take advantage of it. meanwhile FB is more open, and say a WP7 phone, can be fully integrated with FaceBook to a level not even G+ is with Android devices.

Latest public numbers. showign only the "top" countries. already these beat G+ in one month so total for all of FB...

http://gold.insidene...tember_2011.jpg

Seriously, you're calling ME! and apple fan ? ME? seriously ? that's great, that's hilarous.

First, I'm not calling you an Apple fan.. I'm just saying from the observation (not her exclusively) that most anti-Google+ sentiments come from Apple fans. Naturally you are very much in MS camp based on your posts and I would say considering the hate from MS towards Google as well this is not surprising.

But let's not get into that, that's less relevant. I will address your numbers.

I'm not sure if you fully understood that chart so let me explain it to you.

Facebook_Top_Gainers_September_2011.jpg

The growth based on those numbers is like this:

1. India (2.6 million people signed up in one month)

2. Brazil (2.4 million people signed up in one month)

3. US (1.5 million people signed up in one month)

4. Indonesia (0.9 milliion signed up)

5. Mexico (0.9 million signed up in one month)

6. Japan 0.6 million

7. Turkey 0.7 milliion

8. Germany 0.6 million

9. Thailand 0.6

10. Vietnam 0.5

That's total of around 11 million users signing up in a month

Google+ is 20+ million users signing up a month (at 625k people a day) and rapidly increasing. That's double.

But what's more even more telling is that Facebook's growth is slowing down in terms of percentage. We have seen this scenario with MySpace.

Google's growth over course of 4 months has been 300%. If you take 800 million and compare FB user sign up it's basically 10% growth. And these FB numbers are from August to September. Google+ launched in July so the numbers are even worse now for Facebook and really not telling of the situation today.

While I don't think Facebook will die out in 2 years, unless they continue improving and doing something to retain users and stop Google+ growth, they will become irrelevant and new MySpace eventually and mainly because they don't have Google's infrastructure and popular services across the board including Android hardware.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't a Google account = G+ account? I mean don't you get G+ automatically when you sign up for a Google account?

Correct me if I am wrong but you need to activate G+ after you make a google account.

While I don't think Facebook will die out in 2 years, unless they continue improving and doing something to retain users and stop Google+ growth, they will become irrelevant and new MySpace eventually and mainly because they don't have Google's infrastructure and popular services across the board including Android hardware.

You actually believe all this

Well duh ha ha.. because people stopped signing up for it and started massively signing up for FB. That's why it became less popular :)

The thing is facebook and myspace is very different.

First, I'm not calling you an Apple fan.. I'm just saying from the observation (not her exclusively) that most anti-Google+ sentiments come from Apple fans. Naturally you are very much in MS camp based on your posts and I would say considering the hate from MS towards Google as well this is not surprising.

But let's not get into that, that's less relevant. I will address your numbers.

I'm not sure if you fully understood that chart so let me explain it to you.

Facebook_Top_Gainers_September_2011.jpg

The growth based on those numbers is like this:

1. India (2.6 million people signed up in one month)

2. Brazil (2.4 million people signed up in one month)

3. US (1.5 million people signed up in one month)

4. Indonesia (0.9 milliion signed up)

5. Mexico (0.9 million signed up in one month)

6. Japan 0.6 million

7. Turkey 0.7 milliion

8. Germany 0.6 million

9. Thailand 0.6

10. Vietnam 0.5

That's total of around 11 million users signing up in a month

Google+ is 20+ million users signing up a month (at 625k people a day) and rapidly increasing. That's double.

But what's more even more telling is that Facebook's growth is slowing down in terms of percentage. We have seen this scenario with MySpace.

Google's growth over course of 4 months has been 300%. If you take 800 million and compare FB user sign up it's basically 10% growth. And these FB numbers are from August to September. Google+ launched in July so the numbers are even worse now for Facebook and really not telling of the situation today.

You missed the parts that those where just the top countries of many many many countries. so in total you're above 20 million. also. back at that time, G+ did not grow at 20 million a month. and as I said, the majority of those 20 million are dead accounts created solely to activate android phones and will NEVER be used to access G+

As for growth slowing down, yeah, that's called saturation. There's only so many users to take from in the world. when you start approach that number, your growth slows down. until you reach saturation, and full equilibrium, where the dying users equal the newborn users.

G+ isn't catching up to anyone with it's record low retention and active users numbers.