Show us your Workstations! - 2012 Edition

Hey,

That looks like the same crappy a** keyboard I have on one setup!!

yeah i know, it's an old school microsoft internet keyboard, not the greatest but it functions fine. planning to get a gaming/mechanical keyboard in the summer :laugh:

Stitched image:

[snipped]

Larger:

https://rosszone.com...workstation.jpg

I had the exact same desk... Pretty decent one, also gives you PLENTY of room to waste... :p

Why not.

[snipped]dsc04355j.jpg

By arceles at 2012-01-10

[...]

I have that Toshiba drive, too. And I see what you did there, I'm feeling you.

Same annoyance here...

That LED literally lights a whole room, no sh*t!

WAY too bright (and blue... sigh) LED...

fail, Toshy, fail!

Hi, I just finished my new computer desk and thought you might be interested. I have been lurking on the boards for a while but decided to register to show off my new toy.

4Gvxv.jpg

There are a few more pics of it here http://imgur.com/a/dMwCO

Cheers.

Jesus Christ, that's awesome!

That all being quoted, I might post pictures of mine when I get around to finally tidy up again a bit and decorate again! (Y)

Glassed Silver:mac

Same old.. just a bit of clean up and some additions/changes to hardware

Nice. I think the next step to this setup is purchasing a few Apple Thunderbolt Displays.

Suprisingly, no printers in any of the shots??

My printer is in other room which can be used via wireless. So I have more room on my desk for other stuff. But I have not used a printer in ages.

Wow, do those still exist ? I tought those were extinct. My granddaddy used to tell us stories about them and how expensive and unreliable those ink cartridges were.

If you were mentioning my office.. yeah there is a printer it was behind me as I was taking the shots.. It's an HP Color Laser printer. I haven't used it in years.

This stock cooler is very impressive actually. It doesn't make noise. System is very quiet and the only noise is the 200mm fan at the top. This cooler was able to run Battlefield 3 at 4.3Ghz at 41C degrees. My buddy has the same i5 2500k with liquid cooling and he is getting about 40C on his for BF3 at 4.3Ghz.

Indeed, the stock ones have improved a lot. When I upgraded my computer a while back when my motherboard decided to break I didn't buy a CPU fan since it looked like the old one would fit, of course the mount for it had changed by about a milimeter to force you to change :p so I just stuck what came with the i5 CPU on there, it keeps the CPU cool and it's pretty silent, the graphics card fan make a lot more noise.

If you were mentioning my office.. yeah there is a printer it was behind me as I was taking the shots.. It's an HP Color Laser printer. I haven't used it in years.

Hard to believe. I have one printer in the office and one at home. Nobody prints anything nowadays at home? Print cards, photos, plane boarding pass, online banking receipts, reports etc, anyone????

I deliberately left my printer out of my pics because I don't consider it an item of any worth nowadays! The ink has probably dried up in it by now the amount of time its been since I used it!

Hard to believe. I have one printer in the office and one at home. Nobody prints anything nowadays at home? Print cards, photos, plane boarding pass, online banking receipts, reports etc, anyone????

Digital photo frames, boarding pass on iphones for some airlines..or they post em to you, online banking is online for a reason...etc..

I haven't printed anything at home in ages...

Digital photo frames, boarding pass on iphones for some airlines..or they post em to you, online banking is online for a reason...etc..

I haven't printed anything at home in ages...

You forgot the typewriter! :p

Mhhh...

Printing photos I'll leave to professional photo laboratories... Printers are just more expensive and don't look any better unless you invest in really sweet printers, but yeah...

Still more expensive!

Glassed Silver:ios

In the days of modern networked or wireless printers, there is no real reason to have a rather unsightly printer sitting on your desk. Mine is a Brother laser that lives in the server rack out of the way, and out of sight.

Other note: I agree, almost nothing gets printed on my printer these days.

In order to not spam the thread with pictures I ensured I took a picture of my desk only. I have a OkiData Laser Printer and an Epson Wide Format Inkjet as well as a Server in my "data center" (my server storage area of the room) as well as another PC and TV in the room. Just because it isn't in the pictures doesn't mean it isn't present ;)

The beauty of networked printing is neither of those have to be on or directly located next to my desk :).

And to answer the other part of your question. Yep. I print still at home. A lot. We exhausted at least a case of paper last year.

In that list really I only ever print boarding passes when I take the plane....once or twice a year...

My workspace is pretty cramped, going to get a wall mounted lamp soon and a better screen. Using my old 720p TV just now since I knocked over my old screen and broke it :( Can't wait to get my degree and get a good job, I really want to create a space that I'm proud of instead of just having stuff thats flung together :p Ohh I also want a better camera, the colour balance is terrible and it can't cope with lighting at all :( /rant

388437841.JPG

200823501.JPG

862637346.JPG

571796622.JPG

941908794.JPG