How to delete an app when there's no uninstall option?

So, my mom won a free Toshiba Tablet from some home shopping network thing. I'm not too proficient with the android OS yet, and I'm having trouble with a basic issue. She downloaded some solitare games, and among them were some called "Hardwood Euchre". We can't figure out how to delete them. They don't show up in the uninstall list and you can't drag them to a trash can, since the trash can does not pop up.

Is my only choice through a file manager or something?

So, my mom won a free Toshiba Tablet from some home shopping network thing. I'm not too proficient with the android OS yet, and I'm having trouble with a basic issue. She downloaded some solitare games, and among them were some called "Hardwood Euchre". We can't figure out how to delete them. They don't show up in the uninstall list and you can't drag them to a trash can, since the trash can does not pop up.

Is my only choice through a file manager or something?

Normally you can search for the game again in hte Market and it will say you already have it installed and give you the option to uninstall. Otherwise, just do a factory reset if you dont have to much configed yet on the tablet.

Normally you can search for the game again in the Market and it will say you already have it installed and give you the option to uninstall. Otherwise, just do a factory reset if you dont have to much configed yet on the tablet.

Yeah, already tried that. It just gave me an option to re-download it, as if I don't already have it. She's had it for about a month now, so a re-set probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Yeah, already tried that. It just gave me an option to re-download it, as if I don't already have it. She's had it for about a month now, so a re-set probably wouldn't be a good idea.

What happens when you try to DL and install it again?

Weird, if you download it you should always be able to remove it that's unless the icon is actually tied to another app. Say Google Maps for example. You'll see an icon for Latitude, Navigation and Places but you wont find and uninstall option for them as those belong to Google Maps. Remove Maps and then they all disappear. So check out that avenue as well.

You did say you went back to the market and tried there and it says re-download, did she buy it then or was it free? Normally it only says that on bought stuff.

Also check in data/app or system/app folders. May be able to manually delete the specific files from there. Not 100% sure if you can if hte tab isnt rooted.

Yep, gotta be rooted.

Oh, she's saying apparently it was an app that had a bunch of games included. They all launch when you click on them. I'll try searching for the pack in the market and see if there's an uninstall option.

Oh, she's saying apparently it was an app that had a bunch of games included. They all launch when you click on them. I'll try searching for the pack in the market and see if there's an uninstall option.

Yea, if it was a app that installed serveral others, then you have to uninstall that specific app and it will probably remove the rest.

The common way to remove apps is from the Settings->Applications. Maybe that's what you mean by the uninstall list. Check for that app or any pack it might have downloaded with there. Worse case, you can root the system (really not a big deal or scary) and use TitaniumBackup to remove any app you don't want.

settings -> manage applications and you should be able to find, select and uninstall it. If not I suggest backing everything up and doing a device reset as its likely malware/virus.

titanium backup is the only thing to force an uninstall as far as I know. and it requires root access which is another can of worms. ES file explorer has an app manager but I don't think its as demanding as titanium is, just shortcuts to the built-in android one.

you can also register a google account to the device and manage it remotely at market.android.com :)