Macbook HDD upgrade - maximum capacity possible?

Heya guys,

I'm about to upgrade my fianc?'s Macbook (late '07 or early '08, not entirely sure atm off hand, guess it's an early '08 though).

Now, OWC apparently leads us to think that models prior to '09 can be upgraded to 1TB as seen here:

http://eshop.macsale...s/2.5-Notebook/

Now, I want to know two things:

1. Could I possibly go for more? (1.5TB or some odd size?)
  2. Which HDD do you recommend? I know which dimensions I need, but I want to make sure the HDD is tested compatible with a user around here or other proof of compatibility can be found. Don't want to flush that many euros! :laugh: Note: Preferably Westy drives

Thanks in advance, this time my question is short and sweet! :D

Update: Seems like there is a Sammy 1TB drive going with the needed 9mm for a much better price than the Westy one.

Known to work with you guys, too? OWC claim they do (as mentioned above).

Other suggestions?

Glassed Silver:mac

Edited by Glassed Silver

you can put in whatever size you want, the size limitations for HDD's ended around the time P1 or P2's did. you prolly got a C2D or CD processor, so you should be fine with whatever SATA

i put a 500GB hybrid drive in mine

*Edit* i prefer WD or Seagate ( segate over WD ) over Samsung anyday. hate their drives for some reason

I've personally used a 1TB drive in a Macbook Pro 2007 Spring, however when installing the drive you must be EXTREMELY careful because the SATA cable is 'glued' on top of the existing drive and you can EASILY break it.

I cannot emphasize the extreme delicateness you need to use when replacing the drive.

So SATA3 drives are fully backwards compatible, right?

Thank you for helping.

Always good to get a second affirming comment in! :)

Much appreciated (Y)