Photo

F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

official formula 1 2012 championship season 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1148 replies to this topic

Poll: F1 World Championship 2012 Thread (123 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1126 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,656 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:43

There was nothing wrong with Ferrari's car, okay it was a little rubbish in the first few races but then really took up. This is proved by Ferrari coming 2nd in the constructors championship

#1127 OP +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,161 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:52

Ferrari accepts FIA view on Vettel dispute

Ferrari say they consider the dispute over Sebastian Vettel’s driving in the Brazilian Grand Prix “closed”.

“Ferrari duly takes note of the reply sent by the FIA this morning and therefore considers the matter now closed,” the team said in a statement on Friday.

“The request for a clarification from the FIA, regarding Vettel’s passing move on Vergne, came about through the need to shed light on the circumstances of the move, which came out on the Internet only a few days after the race,” said the team.

“The letter to the FIA was in no way intended to undermine the legality of the race result. We received tens of thousands of queries relating to this matter from all over the world and it was incumbent on us to take the matter further, asking the Federation to look into an incident that could have cast a shadow over the championship in the eyes of all Formula 1 enthusiasts, not just Ferrari fans.”

Source: F1 Fanatic

Case closed. Can we move on now?

#1128 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,531 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:34

to all the alonso lovers above, yesterday he was showing his true face again, celebrating prematurely his 3rd title on twitter. no joke! spanish newspaper picked it up and someone has got a screenshot of the now deleted tweet.

Posted Image

Translation: "Not as sweet as winning on the circuit, but justice has been done and I am F1 World Champion for the 3rd time. Thank you!"

source: autosport forum and http://www.elnortedecastilla.es/rc/20121129/deportes/motor/mensaje-fugaz-publicado-desde-201211291642.html

#1129 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43

Seriously?

That looks so fake, you can clearly see it has been edited and saved with such a low JPG quality to cover up the flaws.

#1130 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,531 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:47

guy on autosport claims that there are retweets "#FelicidadesAlonso3" so it cant be just a screenshot done via photoshop afaik. if true, then the tweet was deffo there before getting deleted.

#1131 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:50

I've just gone through ALL the tweets using that hashtag, I don't see any retweets just a handful of people using the hashtag wondering why its trending.

#1132 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• 15,976 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:54

The Ferrari "clarification" request in full (courtesy of SniffPetrol.com, and crudely censored by me)...

PicNews121130.jpg

#1133 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,714 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:10

That tweet by Alonso is fake.
Look at the translation. I only did GCSE spanish but favourites in spanish is not favourites. Google translate says favoritos

#1134 JoeC

JoeC

Ooh, shiny stars

• 1,994 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 13:11

Funny how you pick a single stat out of all that long list, and ignore every other one that supports Alonso :) I'll do the same with your comment on how "the ferrari topspeed is superior to everyone especially lotus":

Here's China's qually speed traps. Notice how Raikkonen is 3rd and Grosjean 5th? They were driving Lotuses. Alonso it bottom of the list, and Massa doesn't even make it. Red Bull also beat Ferrari here:

Posted Image

And maybe that was just bad luck - let's try Spain:

Posted Image

Oops. Guess not.

I'm on my lunch right now, so I don't have time to go dig out any more speed trap comparisons, but these were the first 2 I came across on Google, both saying that Lotus were pretty strong on top speed, and Red Bull had Ferrari covered for it too.

Fancy trying to find another stat where Vettel was beaten on the car performance by the Ferrari?

#1135 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,531 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 16:47

Unsafe release is supposed to be a drive through penalty and Massa got off with a warning.

so did alonso in bahrain this year. its usually just a warning or monetary fine.
on the other hand: be sure, if it had been vettel he would have gotten at least a 10second penalty, probably even a DQ. :)

#1136 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 16:59

Yeah the whole world is out to get poor old Vettel, he never does anything wrong......

#1137 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,531 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:17

Yeah the whole world is out to get poor old Vettel, he never does anything wrong......

i did not say this. but for example rosberg could force hami, alonso and maybe another driver off track in bahrain without getting a penalty, while vettel in monza did just what alonso did to him the year before, then even gave the place to prevent a penalty but still got a penalty.
it just lacks consistency.

#1138 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:26

There's a difference between taking the racing line and the other guy running off the road or running into them, and purposely forcing someone off the road, you see the way Vettel drives, he races and overtakes outside of the track and goes flying up the inside of people because he has the fastest car on the track and he doesn't get penalties for that, so less whining.

#1139 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,531 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:36

i have no clue at all what you are talking about mate. in abu dhabi he had to move back behind grosjean because he past offtrack and in hockenheim he got a penalty against button.
but lets finish this now. the right guy won the championship and since today 30th november its officially confirmed anyway :)

#1140 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,531 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 20:07

i just have to add this: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: