Blocking Telemarketer Calls

I have a Droid X on Verizon's network. Every now and then I keep gettings calls from random telemarketers and it's really aggravating. I know I can login to the My Verizon wireless page and I can block calls and it is limited to only 5 numbers and lasts for only 3 months until it resets.

My question is, are there any Android based apps that I can use that can block these numbers? I have checked the market I think I saw a couple, but I wanted to see if anyone here uses one of these apps and how effective they are. Thank you kindly.

Register your number with the National Do Not Call Registry. It is FREE.

https://www.donotcal...gister/reg.aspx

Can I register my cell phone on the National Do Not Call Registry?

Yes, you may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.

You may also want to register with your state.

http://www.ncdoj.gov...emarketers.aspx

I did that as well, i can't remember if you have to do it every year or not, but I may try it again.

As far as for my state i'll try that, but all the calls are coming from out of state.

If the numbers are the same each time you can block numbers for free from Verizons website.

I did that as well, i can't remember if you have to do it every year or not, but I may try it again.

How long does my phone number stay registered?

Telephone numbers on the registry will only be removed when they are disconnected and reassigned, or when the consumer chooses to remove a number from the registry.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm

As far as for my state i'll try that, but all the calls are coming from out of state.

You are blocking by number not state. So it should not matter where the call originates from.

Lastly

When can I file a do not call complaint?

If your number has been on the National Do Not Call Registry for at least 31 days and you receive a call from a telemarketer that you believe is covered by the National Do Not Call Registry, you can file a complaint at the registry?s website at www.donotcall.gov or by calling the registry?s toll-free number at 1-888-382-1222 (TTY: 1-866-290-4236). You may also file a complaint if you received a call that used a recorded message instead of a live person (whether or not your number was on the Registry).

Another option would be to add the number in to your phone directory and then choose send direct to voicemail. Rarely do they bother to leave a VM.