Mozilla Firefox 10 Mobile

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox&feature=apps_topselling_free#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLG51bGwsIm9yZy5tb3ppbGxhLmZpcmVmb3giXQ..

New features include anti-aliasing for WebGL and accelerated layer-support via OpenGL ES. Firefox 10 mobile improves sync and HTML5 capabilities, as well. Among the fixes: "Extremely rare case where the browser may become unable to load web pages or close tabs".

via : http://betanews.com

Still no flash?

Do mobile browsers really need flash, that's the question. I have never understood why people see it as a core feature for web browsing, when what appears to be a minority of sites actually make use of it. YouTube may be a main player here but it has a HTML5 mobile interface.

I agree not all handsets need Flash and use HTML5... although, some Android handsets do require Flash and Java. The majority of new handsets these days don't require Flash and use HTML5. Firefox on the Samsung Galaxy S II is sluggish and crashes a lot compared with Opera Mini.

I've just installed the new ICS CM alpha on my touchpad and have been trying the various browsers out. So far, I haven't found a single one that compares to safari on my iPad (which is pretty feature lacking, but nice to use).

Also of note, I find the whole android tablet experience to be pretty crappy. I mean It's not easy to find actual apps that are optimized for tablets, and the ones that are aren't that great at all.

I can really understand now why the iPad is dominating. The whole iOS store experience, and apps are leaps and bounds better than androids. I can't comment on the phone side but the tablet side sucks except for the customization options you can have, which you also get on iOS if it's jailbroken, so meh. Funny thing is I'm using an iPad ADW theme atm, cause it just makes the tablet more 'user friendly'.

I like to tinker with all OS' so I'll be playing with android, and webOS and giving them more use in the future in hopes that they get better(If webOS doesn't die that is).

Oh, so any best browser suggestions?

Still no flash?

I'm assuming because they are not piggy backing on the default browser rendering engine so it (possibly) cannot use the existing flash plugin. But I'm just making a guess.

I've just installed the new ICS CM alpha on my touchpad and have been trying the various browsers out. So far, I haven't found a single one that compares to safari on my iPad (which is pretty feature lacking, but nice to use).

Also of note, I find the whole android tablet experience to be pretty crappy. I mean It's not easy to find actual apps that are optimized for tablets, and the ones that are aren't that great at all.

I can really understand now why the iPad is dominating. The whole iOS store experience, and apps are leaps and bounds better than androids. I can't comment on the phone side but the tablet side sucks except for the customization options you can have, which you also get on iOS if it's jailbroken, so meh. Funny thing is I'm using an iPad ADW theme atm, cause it just makes the tablet more 'user friendly'.

I like to tinker with all OS' so I'll be playing with android, and webOS and giving them more use in the future in hopes that they get better(If webOS doesn't die that is).

Oh, so any best browser suggestions?

I agree with you on all points.....

I'm assuming because they are not piggy backing on the default browser rendering engine so it (possibly) cannot use the existing flash plugin. But I'm just making a guess.

Yeah, Flash on Android uses a custom drawing model, there's work been done on it though (I know a few systems support it)

But, Adobe have stopped development of mobile Flash, so is it really that big a deal any more (if it ever was, my phone could render Flash banner ads at 2fps, it wasn't a selling point)