• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#76 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• 955 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:09

Anyone else with the PC version just finding the whole UI horrible?

Yeah, at first, but an hour into the game and I don't notice it anymore.

#77 Som

Som

Neowinian

• 767 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:22

really like this game, and coming for the bitter disappointment that was assassins creed III it's a relief. It feels like the assassins creed II team moved to far cry in bits...

#78 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,740 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:42

I agree. I was disappointed with AC3 and while i was expecting Far Cry 3 to be good, i am still surprised it is this good.
The map definitely takes inspiration from Assassins Creed. You could say the outposts and radio towers are inspired by AC too. They virtually serve the same function.

#79 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,444 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:12

Anyone else with the PC version just finding the whole UI horrible? It really just slows things down and with its lack of mouse support. It makes things even slower.
It is functional at least. If they just gave keyboard shortcuts for options, it would be so much quicker.

It could be better, but I wouldn't say it's "horrible". Hopefully the game will see some worthwhile patches to improve performance and address some of the minor glitches but I'm very happy with the game so far.

A few more screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#80 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:16

Played a bit last night, and I gotta say, its great a great one.
The graphics and sound design are awesome. Gun mechanics are great too, though, it might get tedious for some, like me, to cut those leafs and animals e.t.c for upgrades.

Also, the loot system isn't as good as it should've been. Typically, I have to place myself at a certain point facing the dead body or plant to get the pop-up, Hold E to interact, which isn't always consistent with the player' approach.

#81 curme

curme

Grand Inquisitor

• 4,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:30

I'm bored with it already. It's too easy, even on the hardest difficulty (and I usually suck at FPS). The UI sucks. Crafting become pointless very quickly (you can self heal, so why craft healing syringes?). Money becomes useless since it is everywhere (and you get free weapons anyway). The saving system is awkward checkpoints when in a mission. When in a mission it's not free roam since you are confined to a small portion of the map, so you have to approach the mission within a certain constraint. The graphics are meh (the cutscenes looks good). They repeat the same character models, so you will sometimes see a set of triplets riding around in a jeep or walking around. I haven't tried multiplayer but I hear it's not that great as well, especially with no dedicated servers.

I'd say it's an average console game (I'm playing it on pc). It's more like Farcry 2 than Farcry1. In a nutshell to everyone who hasn't played it yet, you're not missing anything.

EDIT: No rain (or very rarely) and a night cycle that is way too bright.

#82 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,444 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:08

It rains plenty and the night cycle is definitely dark enough - change your brightness setting.

#83 theslam08

theslam08

Neowinian

• 189 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:37

Everyone complaining about the UI....get a 360 CONTROLLER....

I dont even know how some people play mouse/keyboard. I only game PC, but have a 360 controller that is compatible with nearly 99% of the [popular] games I have played (the obvious cheap games wont).

Anyway, with the controller it is a xbox, 100%. You dont even notice any 'pc-negatives'. I will never play mouse/keyboard again now that i have bought this (amazon it, you can get a wired & wireless).

I have no down-sides about this game yet, and have been playing for about 8-10 hours. So much side-stuff to do, the mission part can take a while (which is great). I do also agree with 'curme' about the crafting...I can see they just force you to hunt, but it kind of a bit annoying like he said, but once you do have many lootsack upgrades and CAN carry more, its not tooo bad anymore. But hunting can be fun anyway so its cool overall.

9/10 for me.

#84 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,963 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:41

Awww damn it you guys, i wasn't remotely excited for this after FC2 but now my credit card finger is itching...

#85 curme

curme

Grand Inquisitor

• 4,121 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:42

My biggest problem with the UI was how big the mini map was, where it was placed, and the constant pop-ups and how large they are. I wish there was an option to disable all of it. Or at least scale them down.

#86 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

• 1,214 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:43

I dont even know how some people play mouse/keyboard. I only game PC, but have a 360 controller that is compatible with nearly 99% of the [popular] games I have played (the obvious cheap games wont).

Anyway, with the controller it is a xbox, 100%. You dont even notice any 'pc-negatives'. I will never play mouse/keyboard again now that i have bought this (amazon it, you can get a wired & wireless).

I have no down-sides about this game yet, and have been playing for about 8-10 hours. So much side-stuff to do, the mission part can take a while (which is great). I do also agree with 'curme' about the crafting...I can see they just force you to hunt, but it kind of a bit annoying like he said, but once you do have many lootsack upgrades and CAN carry more, its not tooo bad anymore. But hunting can be fun anyway so its cool overall.

9/10 for me.

Person telling PC gamers playing a fps to get a controller like it is some amazing thing they haven't heard of. My god your in for it.

#87 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,180 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:47

Person telling PC gamers playing a fps to get a controller like it is some amazing thing they haven't heard of. My god your in for it.

I think he was joking. Also the game doesn't support switching to xbox360/mouse+keyboard controls. You can only choose one at a time.

#88 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:51

No

Keyboard Mouse works better. Much better :p

#89 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,444 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:59

Or you could learn how to use a mouse and keyboard.

#90 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,171 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 13:53

I'm bored with it already. It's too easy, even on the hardest difficulty (and I usually suck at FPS). The UI sucks. Crafting become pointless very quickly (you can self heal, so why craft healing syringes?). Money becomes useless since it is everywhere (and you get free weapons anyway). The saving system is awkward checkpoints when in a mission. When in a mission it's not free roam since you are confined to a small portion of the map, so you have to approach the mission within a certain constraint. The graphics are meh (the cutscenes looks good). They repeat the same character models, so you will sometimes see a set of triplets riding around in a jeep or walking around. I haven't tried multiplayer but I hear it's not that great as well, especially with no dedicated servers.

I'd say it's an average console game (I'm playing it on pc). It's more like Farcry 2 than Farcry1. In a nutshell to everyone who hasn't played it yet, you're not missing anything.

I agree that it is quite an easy game, I usually turn games down to their lowest setting because I enjoy the story more than the challenge of playing them. With FC3 I kept it on the default setting and have barely died. The only things that have really killed me were when a leopard attacked and I didn't have any heavy weapons or a few times when the guards just had hax aim.

As far as FC3 vs FC2 or 1, I haven't played FC1 so I cannot say it was more similar to FC1, but you are pretty much the first person I've seen say that it was closer to FC2 than FC1. That being said, I did play FC2 and I would rather play FC3 10 times over than play FC2 again.

Just the opposite, I don't know how some people play with a controller. The ONLY games I would ever use a controller on would be games with heavy vehicle usage (driving, flight, etc).....those are the only games that using a controller on gives you an advantage (touch-sensitive controls).

Any game where you need to aim a gun is 10x easier with a keyboard/mouse, anyone who says differently is only due to them being better with a controller than they are with a keyboard/mouse. Put a top FPS PC player (who uses mouse/keyboard) against a top FPS console player (who of course uses a controller), and the PC player will win 9 times out of 10, not because PC gamers are better or anything, simply because the control scheme is superior with you need fast reaction speed/quick controls.