• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Juddy

Juddy

formerly compl3x

• 7,789 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:10

The Walking Dead is an upcoming episodic video game based on Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead graphic novel series. The game is under development by Telltale Games.[2] The Walking Dead was planned for release in the fourth quarter of 2011.[3] It is now expected to be released in mid 2012.

Some FAQs from Telltale's website:

Posted Image

Is this a game about Rick Grimes, the hero of the comic books and TV show?
o No. Robert Kirkman (creator of The Walking Dead) and Telltale felt that it would be more interesting to tell a story of a new group of survivors.

When does this game take place in The Walking Dead timeline?
o Our first episode takes place at the outset of the zombie apocalypse when Rick Grimes is still in a coma.

Is this game based on the comic books or the TV show?
o We see the comic books as canon.
Telltale’s previous games have featured puzzle elements. Is that something we’ll see in The Walking Dead?
o You’ll be challenged with problems for sure, but not classic ‘Adventure Game’ puzzles. You’re a survivor in a zombie apocalypse…you can imagine the problems that you’ll have to deal with.

Does this game feature multiplayer?
o No. The Walking Dead is a single-player experience.

Why does the game look the way it does?
o We were inspired by the work of Charlie Adlard, artist for the comic books.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOLSfSt4TqM

http://www.telltaleg...com/walkingdead

#2 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,346 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:34

Interesting. If they could emulate the feel of the show, then it may be good. I hope they don't go the route of Dead Island with weapons that break down.

#3 x9248

x9248

Neowinian

• 1,138 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:44

Eh, another episodic game from Telltale. A real hit/miss company... hopefully they do this game justice.

#4 Smashing Pumpkin

Smashing Pumpkin

helloworld

• 2,266 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 15:59

Humanah humanah humanah humanah huuuuhhh :D

Second series was so slow and boring until the recent 2 :p

#5 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 16:11

Looks interesting

#6 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,864 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:04

Did not feel the need to start a new thread even though this one is a few months old, but this is what I wrote on Steam about the game...

Way, WAY better than I expected it to be. I am a massive fan of the comic books, so I purchased this as a compliment to them. However I was pleasantly surprised by the fact it is one of the more enjoyable "point and click" adventure games I have ever played. If you also like the comic or the TV series, this is truly a no-brainer (pun intended). Pick it up immediately. If you are just looking for a good story driven experience where your choices actually do make a difference, I still believe you will enjoy it. Only downside was a few audio glitches and the shadows look truly awful. Other then those two small issues, solid experience all around.

So yeah, have to say it was WAY better than I expected it to be. I truly love the comic books, so I was getting this regardless being such a big fan of them. I also really love the visual style, the almost graffiti-comic book approach just really is nice visually. I also loved the fact Glenn (the character from the TV show) was wearing a shirt of a lesser known Hip Hop crew from California called the Hieroglyphics. Really truly random thing to throw in there, but nice little touch and nod to a Hip Hip crew that has always done it right.

#7 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,823 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 13:44

Super pumped about grabbing this. Waiting till I head over to Game to pickup a PSN card (I have over £100 trade in value on my Game card). I'll buy the whole pack at £14.99 for sure.

Finishing up the Tales of Monkey Island episodes just now, love them. I have Back to the Future next, but I think The Walking Dead will grab it's limelight :p

Completely ignoring Jurassic Park for obvious reasons.

#8 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,065 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 26 April 2012 - 15:58

It was pretty fun. Took me a while to do one puzzle though.

#9 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 16,864 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 16:56

Super pumped about grabbing this. Waiting till I head over to Game to pickup a PSN card (I have over £100 trade in value on my Game card). I'll buy the whole pack at £14.99 for sure.

Finishing up the Tales of Monkey Island episodes just now, love them. I have Back to the Future next, but I think The Walking Dead will grab it's limelight :p

Completely ignoring Jurassic Park for obvious reasons.

I actually grabbed it on Steam since it supports cross play on Mac & Windows, and I could not find any concrete information about the release date for PSN, but now I regret doing so. Turns out the PSN version is basically $5 cheaper, and I just know it would have looked much better on my TV (there are hardly any options on the PC version to tweak, all of mine defaulted to high, and it still looks like a console port), and I used a controller to play it anyway, so this is one time I regret not having patience. :laugh: Could have saved money, and also had a better overall experience I think. I almost actually purchased it again, but realized that was madness. LOL I probably will just hook my Macbook up to my TV for the remaining episodes.

It was pretty fun. Took me a while to do one puzzle though.

Same here, was it the one
Spoiler

#10 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,065 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 17:12

Spoiler

Nope, it was the
Spoiler

#11 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 16,864 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 20:12

Nope, it was the

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,065 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 20:32

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,398 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:00

50% off (12.49$) for 2 more hours on Steam.

#14 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 20,875 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 (very cheap second hand)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 22:35

Just finished this game. Why this thread isnt bigger? Lee Everett must go down as the best videogame character this year... or even this decade.

#15 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,924 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:45

Finally got around to playing Episode 1 yesterday. What fun that was. I've read and been told to not play all of the episodes at once so I am going to take a couple days before starting Episode 2 (lets the impact of my decision making set in, I guess). Crazy game, though, really had me engrossed in everything that was going on. Being a big fan of the show helps but I think even as a game by itself its really, really good. Not sure if I heard correctly but is there going to be a 2nd season for the game?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hahaha, I got stuck on the same part.
Spoiler
:blush:

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!