Some FAQs from Telltale's website:
o No. Robert Kirkman (creator of The Walking Dead) and Telltale felt that it would be more interesting to tell a story of a new group of survivors.
• When does this game take place in The Walking Dead timeline?
o Our first episode takes place at the outset of the zombie apocalypse when Rick Grimes is still in a coma.
• Is this game based on the comic books or the TV show?
o We see the comic books as canon.
• Telltale’s previous games have featured puzzle elements. Is that something we’ll see in The Walking Dead?
o You’ll be challenged with problems for sure, but not classic ‘Adventure Game’ puzzles. You’re a survivor in a zombie apocalypse…you can imagine the problems that you’ll have to deal with.
• Does this game feature multiplayer?
o No. The Walking Dead is a single-player experience.
• Why does the game look the way it does?
o We were inspired by the work of Charlie Adlard, artist for the comic books.