Android 4.0 OTA for SG SII Beginning March 1

Rejoice Samsung Galaxy S2 owners. your wait is almost over.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) owners will be excited to see their device software get upgraded from Android 2.3.X Gingerbread to 4.0.X! This will be one of the first phones to be getting the OTA update to Android's most current OS. Eldar Murtazin, tech insider, has confirmed this update starting on the first of March depending on the country and carrier.

quotebeg.png Android 4 aka ics for sgs2 is going to be officially offered by March 1(depends from county/operator). quoteend.png

- @EldarMurtazin

The best news is that Samsung has had plenty of time to add their custom UI overlay, TouchWiz to the Ice Cream Sandwich goodness. TouchWiz + Android 4.0 sounds lame in theory due to all the ?extra features?, but I doubt there?s much they can do to take away the sheer awesome that is ICS. On December 20th last year, Samsung had announced that the Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, and SGS2 devices would get the ICS update in near future, while not specifying an exact date. Another update from Samsung had stated that the SGS2 and Galaxy Note would receive the OTA update before the end of Q1 2012.

ccs-1500-0-59566800-1329926476_thumb.pngccs-1500-0-23066600-1329926485_thumb.pngccs-1500-0-74311100-1329926495_thumb.png

http://rootzwiki.com/_/articles/general/android-40-ota-for-sgsii-beginning-march-1-r440

nothing to rejoice about ,no way to switch from touchwiz nonsense

ICS stock look light year better

let hope CM9 stable in due time

Edited by Ci7

nothing to rejoice about ,no way to switch from of touchwiz nonsense

I'd personally rather have stock ICS too. Don't want to use TouchWiz or other UI's from other manufacturers.

come on now we don't know how they will implement touchwiz. I say we give them the benefit of the doubt.

Based on the images (obvious ICS with the programs launcher), I'd say it looks about the same as before, and therefore same implementation.

nothing to rejoice about ,no way to switch from touchwiz nonsense

See, that's the great thing about Android. If you don't like one phone, you can buy something different. If you bought a phone with Touch-Wiz, you can download a new launcher (Launcher Pro, Go Launcher EX)

and change it to suit your liking. You can even swap between launchers and change the look everyday if you always wanted something different all without flashing ROMs. Speaking of ROMs, Shotta is spot-on about access

to the source code. That alone is great news for people that own the SGS II.