XLaunchpad - Mac OS X Lion Launchpad for Windows

launchpad lion

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 OP xwidget

xwidget

Neowinian

Posted 27 February 2012 - 20:37

Yeah, that would be good to know, I have an x86 tablet I installed the Win 8 DP on & hopefully will install the CP on, & it would work great for it! It'd be like an iPad! xD

Yes, You can also disabled Icons instant drag moving in XLaunchpad's Setting, So that you can touch more friendly

#17 MASTER260

MASTER260

Proud Script Kiddie.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 20:39

Yes, You can also disabled Icons instant drag moving in XLaunchpad's Setting, So that you can touch more friendly

Thanks!

#18 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 21:34

This is an impressive work, indeed very good program, I'm testing it right now to see whether if I replace rocketdock or not, so far so good.

A few bugs though:

Deleting a folder for some reason didn't worked until I put a shortcut inside, then the folder magically disappeared.

I don't know if bug or not:

Changing the number of rows and the margins reset the icons... I needed to rearrange them again.

A few suggestions:

1.- Recycle bin full indicator
2.- Recycle bin option to "empty recycle bin"

That's all, that's far more than enough for me :D please keep it updated!

#19 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 27 February 2012 - 22:10

If I had a Win7 tablet, this would 100% be on it.

#20 OP xwidget

xwidget

Neowinian

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:56

This is an impressive work, indeed very good program, I'm testing it right now to see whether if I replace rocketdock or not, so far so good.

A few bugs though:

Deleting a folder for some reason didn't worked until I put a shortcut inside, then the folder magically disappeared.

I don't know if bug or not:

Changing the number of rows and the margins reset the icons... I needed to rearrange them again.

A few suggestions:

1.- Recycle bin full indicator
2.- Recycle bin option to "empty recycle bin"

That's all, that's far more than enough for me :D please keep it updated!

Thanks, I will add Recyclebin options and Delete folder function in next version :)

#21 Shane Ekanayake

Shane Ekanayake

Neowinian

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:41

great app

#22 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:46

Very nice and responsive.Only thing i would prefer different is an icon set that would look more like windows instead of OSX since the application itself is for windows.

#23 simrat

simrat

pooonjabi!

• Phone: Nokia 603 Symbian belle fp2, Xperia SL 4.1.2

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:46

Nice work, exactly what i needed! Thanks!

#24 +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:48

Looks like a blatant ripoff of WinLaunch to me :angry:

Sorry? Ripoff of whogivesaf**k ? No offence, but it's fair game here dude ... Launchpad is the one being ripped off. WinLaunch doesn't have some kind of moral standpoint to complain if their stuff gets done by someone else. For all you knew the developer may had never seen WinLaunch, since Launchpad is the one he's looking at.

#25 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:59

Dam this is mean work, liking this alot. great work. One thing, if i have web browser open, and i press F12 i get the web browser trying to show me HTML Code, i know i can change this.

Sorted, nice to see hot corners. Have mine set-up to top left side, great work!

BUG:

I notice that when i need to do something as admin, and i get UAC showing, after click yes i get the xLauchpad showing straight after.

#26 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:11

Forgive me if I'm wrong but would adjust icons size to large and spacing them equally also create this?!

You can adjust icons size and spacing by XLaunchpad's settings

I think his point was that, if you didn't use XLaunchpad, you could create a similar effect just by putting the icons on to your desktop, increasing the size of the icons and spacing them evenly. However, in defence of this application it appears that XLaunchpad could be minimised, thereby hiding the icons that appear, and it also looks like you have an option for folders which couldn't be achieved in the same way without this application (or a variation of it).

I've never used the Launchpad on my Mac. I never understood the need for it given that I have the dock for accessing my regularly used programs, so I can't see myself using this either.

With that said, looking at the screenshots it looks good and other people seem to be impressed, so good job. (Y)

#27 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:17

Sorry? Ripoff of whogivesaf**k ? No offence, but it's fair game here dude ... Launchpad is the one being ripped off. WinLaunch doesn't have some kind of moral standpoint to complain if their stuff gets done by someone else. For all you knew the developer may had never seen WinLaunch, since Launchpad is the one he's looking at.

This... by a country mile!

#28 Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Android 4.4.2

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:26

XLaunchpad needs an video ,If you created one or would like to create one please contact me or uploat to youtube, Thanks Posted Image

http://ultracloud.be/XLaunchpad.mp4

It was first time use :p

#29 OP xwidget

xwidget

Neowinian

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:33

http://ultracloud.be/XLaunchpad.mp4

It was first time use :p

Thank you very much, If you can help me update it to Youtube I would greatly appreciate, because my country prohibit us access Youtube :(

#30 Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Android 4.4.2

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:41

Thank you very much, If you can help me update it to Youtube I would greatly appreciate, because my country prohibit us access Youtube :(

I'm too good for this world :p
http://youtu.be/vOUMH9xwz5s

WAY to good ;)
http://youtu.be/KXKVtrudGnQ

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!