Robber beaten with his own shotgun

This is the drunken robber who was left badly bruised after he was beaten with his own shotgun by passers-by.

John Columbus Beane, 58, appeared in a West Virginia county courtroom Friday admitting to two charges of first-degree robbery in November that ended with the butt of his own shotgun clubbed repeatedly into his face and head.

'Everything's kind of bits and pieces,' he told Kanawha County Judge Duke Bloom of his memory of the events, according to the Charleston Gazette.

'I remember going to Linda's, but I don't remember going in,' he said.

Linda's Sports Bar in Sissonville was Beane's last stop on the early hours of November 7.

All managed to escape out the back door leaving Beane to struggle, unsuccessfully, with the cash register.

He left empty handed.

While police were still responding to the Husson's burglary, they got the second call to Linda's.

At their entrance they found bar patrons had apprehended his weapon before breaking it to pieces on his face and head.

They repeatedly clubbed him until police arrived.

'I knew if it went off it was either me or the bartender who gets shot,' Gary Hall who helped aid local Steven Thaxton wrestle away Beane's gun, according to the Gazette.

'I didn't have any choice but to help,' he said.

With the two charges running together, Beane faces a minimum of 20 years behind bars.

If sentenced separately he faces at least 10 years.

source

post-37120-0-72422100-1330377911.jpg