• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 mk1990

mk1990

Neowinian Senior

• 1,946 posts
  • Phone: iphone 5

Posted 27 February 2012 - 23:54

Is anyone here an ex-smoker and use electronic cigarettes? Been off cigarettes for almost 5 months now and using an e-cig. Just interested if anyone else has heard/used/seen these before as they are great devices that work!

#2 johnporter29

johnporter29

a = 1; b = 2; a + b = c

• 749 posts
  • Phone: Moto G 4G

Posted 27 February 2012 - 23:59

Is anyone here an ex-smoker and use electronic cigarettes? Been off cigarettes for almost 5 months now and using an e-cig. Just interested if anyone else has heard/used/seen these before as they are great devices that work!

I been stopped for almost 10 months now. Don't have or own an e-cigarette, but my ex-girlfriend used to have one, didn't taste or feel like a cigarette to me to be honest, can't explain why, think it may be that I'm was aware it wasn't a "real" cigarette.

#3 OP mk1990

mk1990

Neowinian Senior

• 1,946 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 00:03

didn't taste or feel like a cigarette to me to be honest, can't explain why, think it may be that I'm was aware it wasn't a "real" cigarette.

Real cigarettes taste like ass, so glad I can notice it now as before as a smoker. Got all my taste buds back too which is good, plus my room smells like blueberrys, and clothes don't smell of cigarettes no more :)

#4 OP mk1990

mk1990

Neowinian Senior

• 1,946 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:22

Here is a picture of my babies, from left to right; Joye Ego + Liquinator tank, Stainless Steel Golden Greek Telescopic + UFS and the mighty Provari + Liquinator Tank

Posted Image

#5 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,978 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:35

I use them only for entertainment. I've never been (or will be) a "true smoker". I have choccie mud cake flavor in mine, and it tastes great!

Will stop using them if there is conclusive evidence to suggest they are unhealthy for me though.

#6 OP mk1990

mk1990

Neowinian Senior

• 1,946 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:07

lol Raa, good point, but much healthier then pumping over 5000 chemicals + raditation into your lungs smoking a tradition cigarette then a handful of food grade liquids :)

#7 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

• 2,530 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:10

I've been using ecigs for around 2 years now, and I love them.

#8 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

• 3,142 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:44

lol Raa, good point, but much healthier then pumping over 5000 chemicals + raditation into your lungs smoking a tradition cigarette then a handful of food grade liquids :)

Healthier, until they explode in your face :shiftyninja:.

#9 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,140 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:46

So do penises but plenty of people still put those in their mouth.

#10 OP mk1990

mk1990

Neowinian Senior

• 1,946 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:52

Depends how you look at that situation giantpotato, if its end-user error, thats plausible, I know someone who threw out a lit cigarette butt, but failed to put it out and their house caught on fire. Do the right things, all is well :)

I used to spend $18 a day for a pack of smokes, so over $120 per week. Now with ecigs I spend less than $5 total a week. Go figure :)
Below is a photo of my ecig stock that can easily last me 2 years :p
Posted Image

#11 McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

• 3,236 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:54

http://richardmccord...nic-cigarettes/

Been using them for a while now. It's how I quit cigs.

#12 OP mk1990

mk1990

Neowinian Senior

• 1,946 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:56

Good on ya man, good stuff :) Its how I also did it, you can still enjoy a good nicotine dose without the harmful chemicals

#13 +FiB3R

FiB3R

"the sun is definitely rising on a new dawn!"

• 7,598 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:57

Wayhay! Some fellow vapers on neowin. :)

Only been vaping for 1 month so far. I started with an "ego passthrough", that came with a pre-punched cartomiser and a tank. Got that for £11 which was a nice cheap way to test it out (most kits like that are around £40, but you get 2 of them).

Also got my gf a cigarette type one at the same time, so we could see what both types were like, but from what I had read/watched online, I knew it wasn't going to cut it. And indeed it didn't, she even came home from work one day and cried for apparently no reason, and she is generally tough as old boots. :/

So I got her an ego type one asap, a variable voltage one this time (in pink lol) and she is much happier now. Also got another vv ego and various other bits and bobs for myself as part of that deal from another user on a UK based vaping forum http://ukvapers.com

I found I outgrew my 2 egos pretty quick though, so now I have a "torpedo vvv", which is just a re-branded "Lavatube", and I'm loving it so far.

It's not a patch on mk1990s two awesome devices, but one step at a time :)

There are tons of other awesome "mods" out there that I'd love to get my hands on too, and no doubt I will in the near future.

My only regret is that I didn't find this amazing scene sooner.

#14 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

• 1,216 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:58

I have to ask, I understand getting an e-cig to hepl you quit. But you quit ages ago, why are you still using one? They look rediculous and still are not good for you.

#15 OP mk1990

mk1990

Neowinian Senior

• 1,946 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:03

@DARKFiB3R nice work mate, congrats to you and your missus on quitting :) Good to see fellow vapers on here!

I still use my ego for work as its light and easy to carry, my Provari is a treat as its VV

My next mod, im looking at silver bullet, its a standard 3.7v device or 6v if stacked (can explode in face if used unprotected battery) but ill be using a 18650 battery with low resistance 510 atomiser/carto at 3.7v and it should do the job :)