Electronic Cigarettes

Been vaping for ~2 years now, haven't had tobacco in that time and I definitely don't miss it. Feel a lot better and saving a pantload of money too through Cignot, my favorite vendor. One of these days I'll have to work my way down to the zero nicotine fluid as well.. some day. Used a few different ones, currently using the Joye eGo, great hit and the batteries last a good long time.

Wow, thats solid 2 years and still on the eGo, Im currently on 12mg from 18mg might drop down to 8-10mg. eGo with LR atty/carto atleast im presuming?

Awesome, thanks! :D

hehe woot, sig looks great, keep it up, IMO the sig helps you keep track and helps motivate :)

Wow, thats solid 2 years and still on the eGo, Im currently on 12mg from 18mg might drop down to 8-10mg. eGo with LR atty/carto atleast im presuming?

Yea, I have a couple friends who flat out quit with the e-cigs.. (they occasionally slip maybe once every few months, but so what, it's nicotine free fluid they're using when they do.) I just like smoking more than my desire to quit. I need to though. I've been at 18mg since I started.

No idea on the atomizers if they're low resistance, just using "stock atomizers" from their store. I don't fiddle with them much, biggest modification I've ever done was the pyramid tea-bags, which actually work rather well for me. Never messed with the carts or atomizers otherwise. I'm currently using the large eGo atomizer/carts, although once in a very long while I'll have to fall back to a 510 atomizer/cart when I'm not watching my supplies. (They're interchagable on this model.) The battery especially is nice, can go almost the whole day on one battery, versus my old 510's which I got a couple hours tops.

I personally love;

Bobas Bounty

Chai Tea (daily vape)

Blueberry

Baked Apple Tart

Aux pommes de (strawberry)

Still very keen on more flavours, but not a necessity atm hehe

WOW pyramid tea bags ^ old school right there ahah, give Low Resistance atomizers a shot, You wont ever look back I swear!

Heh yea, I stuck with it as it works, not a fan of that foam stuff, just seems to dry out too quickly on top and the bottom just keeps the old liquid/sludge. The PTB's give me a nice strong hit consistently.. only downside is if I hit it too hard and wind up with a mouthful of fluid.. yum! (Not.) Prone to leaking if you overfill too, much more so than the standard filler. Was using the straw then spring setup for a while too before that, but like the PTB's a lot better. Will have to give the LR's a spin when this next batch of atomizers are used up.

OK, so for those who have been vaping for a while: What flavor(s) do you prefer and would recommend to other people?

Used to smoke menthol when I was using tobacco. Tried it once when I switched to vaping, didn't like it at all.. just didn't taste right to me. Currently using something that's pretty close to Marlboro Reds in flavor, which I hated in a real cigarette but fond of it now, go figure. The wife uses a vanilla-ish flavored mix that's not too bad, a little sweet for my tastes but once in a while the mood htis me.

These are the 4 flavors I'm trying now:

Amaretto - Very nice flavor, extremely smooth, my favorite so far

Tobacco - Nice blend, very smooth

Coffee - Good taste, better aroma, but a bit of a bite (aftertaste)

Vanilla - Great taste and aroma, but lots of bite (aftertaste)

The place I ordered the starter pack from has a sampler of 20 flavors, and I'll be trying that in a few weeks for sure.

Used to smoke menthol when I was using tobacco. Tried it once when I switched to vaping, didn't like it at all.. just didn't taste right to me. Currently using something that's pretty close to Marlboro Reds in flavor, which I hated in a real cigarette but fond of it now, go figure. The wife uses a vanilla-ish flavored mix that's not too bad, a little sweet for my tastes but once in a while the mood htis me.

Menthol is what my brother is vaping now, since he was a Newport smoker for years. I'll have to give that one a shot soon.

I personally love;

Bobas Bounty

Chai Tea (daily vape)

Blueberry

Baked Apple Tart

Aux pommes de (strawberry)

Still very keen on more flavours, but not a necessity atm hehe

That Baked Apple Tart flavor sounds great. What is the Bobas Bounty flavor?

ah yea, where do you get your e-liquids from?

I was never a menthol smoker, absolutely hated it, tried vaping it, its not bad, but still hasn't grown on me to vape it daily.

I was in search for a nice tobacco blend flavour, but I got over searching, all the best are always out of stock (http://www.backwoodsbrew.net/) and there are many more flavours besides the traditional tobacco flavour that cigarettes come in.

Personally I'm a fan of Cignot. Excellent customer service.

And will have to try blueberry one of these days. Sounds a little weird in a smoke but it's my favorite as far as berries go. I forgot chocolate and almond, tried those once as well. (Two different fluids, not a mix.) Wasn't bad, wasn't right for me but not bad. Haven't had the nerve to try mixing my own yet, it's on the to-do list though.

Personally I'm a fan of Cignot. Excellent customer service.

And will have to try blueberry one of these days. Sounds a little weird in a smoke but it's my favorite as far as berries go. I forgot chocolate and almond, tried those once as well. (Two different fluids, not a mix.) Wasn't bad, wasn't right for me but not bad. Haven't had the nerve to try mixing my own yet, it's on the to-do list though.

Blueberry actually tastes like blueberries (was quite amazed, received it for free as a sampler as I am in a juice reviewing squad :p)

When its time for mixing, it can be fun, and alot cheaper. You will get there though soon hehe :)

Im also looking for a nice vanilla/creamy flavour but so hard to find a good one :(

Chocolate is not bad, and almond is my favourite nut so best give that a shot

Since I'm new to vaping, I just ordered from the same place I got the starter kit from. They do a 50% VG / 50% PG blend, which I've read is a good blend, but I don't really have anything to compare it to (yet).

http://shop.uniquecigs.com/E-Liquid_c5.htm

I've seen other (and cheaper) sources for e-liquid, and my brother is talking about cooking up some homemade juice, so that should be interesting. :D

Ah yea nice nice, I personally like the 70PG/30VG blend, used to like 80PV/20VG, haven't actually tried 50/50 though, presuming the liquids really thick.

A great well known juice vendor that should be on everyone's list http://www.pinkspotvapors.com

Nice! You get 20% more liquid from that store for the same price. Also, gotta love the names they give some of the flavors. Not sure if I want to vape those flavors, or take them to bed! :woot:

Nice! You get 20% more liquid from that store for the same price. Also, gotta love the names they give some of the flavors. Not sure if I want to vape those flavors, or take them to bed! :woot:

Haha yea true :), If you live in America, and order over $100 worth, its free shipping, now that's an awesome deal!

The juice names help give a great feel to the flavours ;)

How did I miss that bit!?!?!!? You've never smoked, but you vape? That's kinda nuts :o

I mean, I like it enough that I'd probably do something stupid like offer it to somebody that has never smoked, but really, if you don't have a 20 year addiction, it's probably not recommended lol

Again i'll ask : Show me the evidence to say it's bad for me.

It's just food flavoring, some water, and either PG or VG depending on what I purchase.

I don't do it every day, I do it on the odd occasion because I enjoy it. Until it's proven bad, i'll keep enjoying it too. ;)

Best part is : no nicotine = no addiction! :D

Again i'll ask : Show me the evidence to say it's bad for me.

It's just food flavoring, some water, and either PG or VG depending on what I purchase.

I don't do it every day, I do it on the odd occasion because I enjoy it. Until it's proven bad, i'll keep enjoying it too. ;)

Best part is : no nicotine = no addiction! :D

No addiction = awesome! :D That's the point I want to eventually get to as well. If I can just enjoy the flavor of the vapor and not be addicted, that would be ideal.

Cigarettes not good for health, but I don't know about electronic cigarettes.

Awesome first post... ;)

We all know that cigarettes are not good for you at all, but with electronic cigarettes, there is no evidence that it is bad for you. Knowing exactly what is put in the liquid is also a good hint to why/how it can be bad, but as it was said before, they are all food grade chemicals (pretty much like vanilla essence etc)

We all know that cigarettes are not good for you at all, but with electronic cigarettes, there is no evidence that it is bad for you. Knowing exactly what is put in the liquid is also a good hint to why/how it can be bad, but as it was said before, they are all food grade chemicals (pretty much like vanilla essence etc)

And... Even if vaping isn't actually "good for you", it's absolutely magnitudes less harmful than the thousands of chemicals you inhale with cigarette smoke.

And... Even if vaping isn't actually "good for you", it's absolutely magnitudes less harmful than the thousands of chemicals you inhale with cigarette smoke.

That's right, I was killing myself before, now I feel alot healthier and realised once I've been on the smokes and found an alternative that actually works ;)

How many cigarettes a day do you smoke currently? Good to see a start in initiative, only doing better for yourself :)

I only smoke about 5 cigs a week but I've been maintaining that habit for about >15 years. I'm looking through this thread trying to find an affordable solution. It would be nice to find a site that also sold vapos that cater to another thing I'd like to stop smoking. That way I can take care of it in 1 discreet order. There is a kiosk at the mall, but I bet their prices are jacked up...

How hot do vapos get in order to work? Can you put tobacco in them, or only the liquid stuff they sell?

Most of the automatics will cut off automatically before they can burn up, manuals can overheat if you keep it on too long, but as far as holding them, mine gets a little warm if I hold it right at the atomizer, otherwise nothing. And no, you can't put tobacco in them ;) Well you probably could, but it's not an open flame, it's not smoke you're inhaling when you use it.

It would be a test for the antismoking movements If people exchange from smoking to vaping, since you are not burning anything, just vapor

This would be an interesting trend to follow as (or if) vaping becomes more popular. I could see tobacco lobbyists trying to push legislation that would put using e-cigarettes in the same category as regular cigarettes, so that there is no "convenience" benefit. I also imagine the anti-smoking group(s) may still have a case since the vapor you exhale still contains some harmful substance (nicotine), even though you must be in very close proximity to someone to get second hand vapor. Time will tell, I guess.