e-cigs ecf avf

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#121 Glen

Glen

Neowinian

• 800 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 23:13

Thanks for the info! I'm still a newbie to all this vaping stuff, so it's much appreciated! I'll definitely keep it in mind. :)

Absolutely! I'm a relative noob myself having only been at it since February. If you really want some good information from a bunch of great people on all things vaping, check out ECF:
http://www.e-cigaret...orum.com/forum/

#122 KillTheIrishman

KillTheIrishman

Neowinian

• 265 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 23:17

I smoke Marlbs but only when I drink beers. Anyone have a suggestion for an eCig? TY!

#123 Glen

Glen

Neowinian

• 800 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:05

I smoke Marlbs but only when I drink beers. Anyone have a suggestion for an eCig? TY!

For a cigarette sized device, the Volt (KR808D format) seems to be getting very good reviews, although I haven't used them myself:
http://smokelessimag...arter-kits.html

For a medium size device with disposable batteries, you can find any number of eGo, kGo, or Riva type starter kits for a decent price. If you go with one of these, I'd recommend not using the standard "tank" atomizer system such as the eGo-T or eGo-C. You can find other options with cartomizers or clearomizers which will give you better performance with less hassle.

Finally, for a medium size device with replaceable batteries and a good set of options out of the box, the E-Power starter kit might be a good option:
http://www.crystalcl...pping_p_58.html

Anything more advanced than the E-Power kit might be a bit more than is needed for a social smoker such as yourself.

#124 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 7,350 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 28 May 2012 - 18:46

I've got one of these coming in the mail. With any luck, it'll be here tomorrow :)

It's actually the slightly updated 2.1 version I'm getting, though it's not "officially" called that. £130 :o

#125 Glen

Glen

Neowinian

• 800 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:10

I've got one of these coming in the mail. With any luck, it'll be here tomorrow :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNK4GJv7j2o

It's actually the slightly updated 2.1 version I'm getting, though it's not "officially" called that. £130 :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2rAB70Rhdc

Nice! Reminds me of the Zenisis design, but with an electronic switch instead of the bottom mechanical design. Please, let us know how it performs once you get it.

#126 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 7,350 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:29

Not sure which came first, the Orion or the Zenisis, but the original Orion did have a bottom button.

Then a French guy called Pailpo modded it with his own button, so now they have teamed up, and they come with this button as standard.

Pailpo is also working on a replacement button/module, which will give it variable wattage, so you can get a nice consistent vape throughout the life of the battery.

It was going to be controlled by IR remote too lol, but there wasn't enough space apparently :(

http://www.vaporwall...&t=404&start=40

I built my own Gensis style atomiser the other day, but I haven't been able to get it to perform well yet :(

Posted Image

http://ukvapers.com/...nesis-tank-mod/

#127 Glen

Glen

Neowinian

• 800 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 21:35

Not sure which came first, the Orion or the Zenisis, but the original Orion did have a bottom button.

Then a French guy called Pailpo modded it with his own button, so now they have teamed up, and they come with this button as standard.

Pailpo is also working on a replacement button/module, which will give it variable wattage, so you can get a nice consistent vape throughout the life of the battery.

It was going to be controlled by IR remote too lol, but there wasn't enough space apparently :(

http://www.vaporwall...&t=404&start=40

It would be cool if they just made the atty/tank assembly so it could be used on other battery mods, like the ProVari or LavaTube. I have no idea why they would use an IR remote for voltage/wattage control, but I guess it would be unique. :D

I'll be looking forward to your review, if you choose to post one once you get it.

#128 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 7,350 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 22:30

You mean like these?

KruserOne
Posted Image

ScubaGen V3
Posted Image

RTA
Posted Image

RATank
Posted Image

There are probably others I don't know about, or may have forgotten :)

#129 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 7,350 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 23:30

Such as this one lol

The DID
Posted Image

#130 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 7,350 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 00:24

Z-Atty on top of a GG

Posted Image

#131 Glen

Glen

Neowinian

• 800 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 00:30

Yes, like those. Now I have more stuff I need to look into. This whole "saving money by quitting smoking" thing just isn't working out that well, but at least I feel much healthier! :laugh:

#132 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• 7,350 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 00:53

LOL. Tell me about it :/

Though I am about to start mixing my own juice, so that is going to save me loads of money :)

#133 Glen

Glen

Neowinian

• 800 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:01

LOL. Tell me about it :/

Though I am about to start mixing my own juice, so that is going to save me loads of money :)

Well, did you get the atty tank? How's it working out for you?

For me, the blue LED option on the ProVari forced my hand to get one and it arrived this past week. All I can say is DAYUM! I'm using a 3ohm single coil carto/tank @ 5v and it's working great so far. I would love to get a good atty tank like the ones you posted, and I think we're just starting to see some great innovations in that area.

#134 OP mk1990

mk1990

Neowinian Senior

• 1,945 posts
  • Phone: iphone 5

Posted 16 July 2012 - 00:11

For me, the blue LED option on the ProVari forced my hand to get one and it arrived this past week. All I can say is DAYUM! I'm using a 3ohm single coil carto/tank @ 5v and it's working great so far. I would love to get a good atty tank like the ones you posted, and I think we're just starting to see some great innovations in that area.

Haha nice blue led :D

Im still using the Provari V2 (red led) on the 3 ohm carto + liqinator tank :D vapes like a freight train at 5v!

Been using the new Ego c-twist as a daily, also not a bad cheapie VV device. Keen to search for a rebuilable carto tank (simmilar to stardust).

#135 Glen

Glen

Neowinian

• 800 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:44

Haha nice blue led :D

Im still using the Provari V2 (red led) on the 3 ohm carto + liqinator tank :D vapes like a freight train at 5v!

Been using the new Ego c-twist as a daily, also not a bad cheapie VV device. Keen to search for a rebuilable carto tank (simmilar to stardust).

I've seen the liquinator tanks and they look nice. I recently got a Siam Mods glass tank (clear) and I'm punching Boge XL 3 ohm cartos to use with it. It's been working great, and now I'm on a quest for other glass tanks like the Phiniac etched tanks and the Clean tank from Avid Vaper. I also have a 900mAh Twist that I carry around with me when I'm out, and I use the Precious (ProVari) when I'm home or at friends' houses.

I was using CE4+ (Stardust) on my eGo batteries for a while, but then I started using the E1 clearo line and it just seems to work better with less flavor muting. Between the E1, the new Kanger T2, and the CE3 bottom coil, I don't think I'll be getting any more CE4+ clearos. The other options just seem to work better and provide more flavor.