Electronic Cigarettes

hehe, Im in the same boat but opposite situation hahaha, trying to convince dad into these, gave him a 510-T ;)

Yep. It's a good thing to spread the word and get smokers educated about the newest alternatives.

BTW: Have you tried any clearomizers on your setups, like the Vision Stardust?

Yep. It's a good thing to spread the word and get smokers educated about the newest alternatives.

BTW: Have you tried any clearomizers on your setups, like the Vision Stardust?

Yea it is, good feeling.jpg

Ive tried the stardusts, but meh, I tried the ce2 and ce3's before also, but i still prefer my liquinator tanks imo

Nevertheless, a great little temp tank mod for beginners :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick note about the "We Are Vapers" project: http://wearevapers.com/

Check out the site, and get involved if you can!

Interesting! Thanks Glen

Question to fellow vapers out there, cartomisers VS atomisers, pros and cons? Shall we start? :D Need some opinions, I seem too biased in this topic ><

Question to fellow vapers out there, cartomisers VS atomisers, pros and cons? Shall we start? :D Need some opinions, I seem too biased in this topic ><

Personally I prefer the atomizer/cart combo over cartomizers. I typically get a pretty decent life span out of atomizers as it is with a bit of care, plus I don't always use the same sort of cartridge.. usually a PTB, but once in a while I just drip (not a fan of the foam poly at all), and last time I tried a cartomizer it doesn't handle dripping worth a damn. Overall it tends to be less expensive this way for my usage, and a better hit too.

I haven't tried cartomizers (yet), but I have moved from the eGo-C atomizers to the Stardust clearomizers and I'm very happy with the performance. Definitely more consistent vapor and better flavor over the C atties.

My latest vaping mod, will have these for sale soon, along with the ones I posted on the previous page :)

thumbacam20120416235053.jpg

thumbacam20120416235222.jpg

thumbacam20120417230529.jpg

dsc06093f.jpg

dsc06094i.jpg

As you can probably tell from it's size (and the cable poking out the side lol), it's a usb passthrough mod. Vapes lovely with a 2 ohm carto.

I need to refine the process of making it, a little, but I'm pretty happy with it overall :)

My latest vaping mod, will have these for sale soon, along with the ones I posted on the previous page :)

thumbacam20120416235053.jpg

thumbacam20120416235222.jpg

thumbacam20120417230529.jpg

dsc06093f.jpg

dsc06094i.jpg

As you can probably tell from it's size (and the cable poking out the side lol), it's a usb passthrough mod. Vapes lovely with a 2 ohm carto.

I need to refine the process of making it, a little, but I'm pretty happy with it overall :)

Nice! So, pure external power source and no internal batteries, correct? I actually really like that idea, and then if you could get an external battery powered USB pack, you'd be portable as well.

I like the blue LED accent light and the big button on the bottom. Very sweet design! :D

So, I don't smoke and never have, but I am curious about this thread, as I am studying addictions at my university right now. We have been talking about the differentiations between physical and psychological addictions. in other words, if the addiction comes because your body says it need it to feel normal, or if it's all in your head (both are serious, even though the latter may make it seem as if you are just crazy). Anyway, Smoking a normal cigarette creates a physical addiction.

I'll take your questions one at a time, keeping in mind that it's different for each person...

When you switch to electronic cigarettes, how does it change the symptoms?

I immediately cut back to about 5 cigarettes a day for the first week, and I didn't experience any of the more severe withdraw symptoms. I've "paused" several times, and each time it was more difficult, but using e-cigs it was extremely easy.

can you eventually stop smoking altogether?

I did within the first week. Some take longer and some do it immediately. I'm not sure if I'll ever give up vaping (using e-cigs) though. Nicotine is an addictive substance, but there are studies that show that the addiction is different than other addictions since you don't crave "more and more" to get the same affects. For me, it's like caffeine, to which I'm physically addicted as well.

or once you switch are you psychologically addicted to the electronic one?

If by psychologically addicted you mean that I must continue with the ritual? Of that, I'm not really sure. I believe the answer would be yes, because I've been smoking since I was in my early teens and it's been a part of my normal habits for a long time. This is, in my opinion, what gives e-cigs a much higher rate of success for people who want to give up the regular cigarettes. You maintain normal habits and move to a healthier way to get the nicotine to which you've become accustomed.

I hope this helps. And if you haven't done so already, you'll probably want to read the stories on http://www.e-cigaret...orum.com/forum/. There are literally hundreds of them from people of all walks of life.

Anyway, Smoking a normal cigarette creates a physical addiction. When you switch to electronic cigarettes, how does it change the symptoms?

Well, eCig liquid has nicotine in it still; if you're a non-smoker and use an eCig, you're still going to get addicted. It's most definitely not a "safe because it's not addictive" alternative. For me, switching to an eCig really didn't change the symptoms of nicotine.. still feeding the physical and mental addiction and all that. However, I can say the other side effects of smoking have for the most part drastically decreased or disappeared completely. Breathing much better, food tastes better, have more energy, etc. There's a few popular eCig forums, you'll see lots of people mention things like that. You've removed the smoke, ash, poisons and such from the equation. It did take a little getting used to at first as it doesn't hit the same as a real cigarette; I think I had maybe 4 or 5 cigarettes within a week after switching to eCigs; after that, never again. In fact, the smell of my neighbor's real cigarette makes me ill to the stomach, and that's after my smoking two packs a day for about 15 years.

can you eventually stop smoking altogether? or once you switch are you psychologically addicted to the electronic one?

You're still addicted, just a different delivery mechanism. I still crave the nicotine, and I still want to feel a good hit when I breath in the vapor. (I used to smoke not just because I was addicted, but I enjoyed it.) That's one of the few reasons I couldn't stick with other alternatives such as patches, gum or pills. Those were actually worse in my case as I'd eventually slip and smoke a cigarette and typically wind up ill because of it.

However, aside from not taking in all the other poisons that go with nicotine aside, eCig's have another potential benefit for quitting. Namely, it could be easier to wean yourself off of nicotine; the liquids come in varying strengths, all the way down to zero. If you slip, it won't be anywhere near as bad as with real cigarettes.. you're just inhaling water vapor, not more nicotine as with a real cig. You could then get rid of the mental addiction (the "going through the motions" addiction) as well, again if you slip, no major harm done as you won't be reinforcing a nicotine addiction again. It sounds good in my head anyway.. I've started reducing my nicotine strength very very slowly. I quit cold turkey for 2 years when I was much younger.. I had a lot more willpower back then and I was a right viscious ****** for a few weeks as well.. not subjecting my family to that now. Taking it nice and slow.

Nice! So, pure external power source and no internal batteries, correct? I actually really like that idea, and then if you could get an external battery powered USB pack, you'd be portable as well. I like the blue LED accent light and the big button on the bottom. Very sweet design! :D

Yep, USB power only. No point in killing your batteries if your sat in front of a computer for hours.

An external USB battery pack would work, but I think I'd only want to use that as a backup for something like camping and stuff like that, otherwise, the fewer things in my pockets, the better :)

Yep, USB power only. No point in killing your batteries if your sat in front of a computer for hours.

An external USB battery pack would work, but I think I'd only want to use that as a backup for something like camping and stuff like that, otherwise, the fewer things in my pockets, the better :)

Even without the battery pack, any 5v USB 2.0 source would probably work nicely, such as at the computer or in your car (with a 12v cigarette lighter adapter). Good stuff!

Well, eCig liquid has nicotine in it still; if you're a non-smoker and use an eCig, you're still going to get addicted.

That's not strictly true; you can get ejuice with 0mg of nicotine.

That's not strictly true; you can get ejuice with 0mg of nicotine.

Yup, I mentioned that further on when I commented on getting over the addiction. Going down to 9mg myself soon, taking it slow on my way to zero.

• 4 weeks later...

That USB pass through mod looks dope :D

Anyone a fan of GrimmGreen on youtube? Check out his videos, its what got me into/how I found out about ecigs in the first place!

I ordered myself an Ego-T starter kit today. Quite excited about kicking the analog cigs, and going into the modern age. I've tried an e-cig before, and I thought it was pretty neat, so I'm hoping to make the switch permanently.

I ordered myself an Ego-T starter kit today. Quite excited about kicking the analog cigs, and going into the modern age. I've tried an e-cig before, and I thought it was pretty neat, so I'm hoping to make the switch permanently.

My second kit was an eGo-C kit and it worked well for me for about 6 weeks, but the atomizers on both the T and the C can be a bit finicky at times. I've since started using the Vision eGo Stardust (CE4+) clearomizers on my eGo-C batteries and they are working much better than the atomizer/tank setup that came with the kit. So, if you find that you're not having great luck with the setup from the kit, try some other options (such as the CE4+) with your eGo batteries to keep you off of the cigarettes and you should be fine.

I've been using an XL3 wood mod for the past couple of weeks and recently got a DCT to match it and it's working great. Got a couple of 510 atomizers for dripping, and I'm seriously addicted to the flavor I get that way too. At the end of the month, ProVape is going to be offering the blue LED option on the ProVari, so I'll probably be getting one of those.

woodywithtankcropped.jpg

My second kit was an eGo-C kit and it worked well for me for about 6 weeks, but the atomizers on both the T and the C can be a bit finicky at times. I've since started using the Vision eGo Stardust (CE4+) clearomizers on my eGo-C batteries and they are working much better than the atomizer/tank setup that came with the kit. So, if you find that you're not having great luck with the setup from the kit, try some other options (such as the CE4+) with your eGo batteries to keep you off of the cigarettes and you should be fine.

Thanks for the info! I'm still a newbie to all this vaping stuff, so it's much appreciated! I'll definitely keep it in mind. :)

Thanks for the info! I'm still a newbie to all this vaping stuff, so it's much appreciated! I'll definitely keep it in mind. :)

Absolutely! I'm a relative noob myself having only been at it since February. If you really want some good information from a bunch of great people on all things vaping, check out ECF:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

I smoke Marlbs but only when I drink beers. Anyone have a suggestion for an eCig? TY!

For a cigarette sized device, the Volt (KR808D format) seems to be getting very good reviews, although I haven't used them myself:

http://smokelessimage.com/starter-kits.html

For a medium size device with disposable batteries, you can find any number of eGo, kGo, or Riva type starter kits for a decent price. If you go with one of these, I'd recommend not using the standard "tank" atomizer system such as the eGo-T or eGo-C. You can find other options with cartomizers or clearomizers which will give you better performance with less hassle.

Finally, for a medium size device with replaceable batteries and a good set of options out of the box, the E-Power starter kit might be a good option:

http://www.crystalclearvaping.com/COMPLETE-E-POWER-KIT-NOW-WITH-CLEAR-WHITE-LED-BUTTON-WITH-5-CLICK-ONOFF-AND-LR-125-OHM-STABILITY-and-cartos-and-30ml-juice-Free-priority-shipping_p_58.html

Anything more advanced than the E-Power kit might be a bit more than is needed for a social smoker such as yourself.

I've got one of these coming in the mail. With any luck, it'll be here tomorrow :)

It's actually the slightly updated 2.1 version I'm getting, though it's not "officially" called that. ?130 :o

I've got one of these coming in the mail. With any luck, it'll be here tomorrow :)

It's actually the slightly updated 2.1 version I'm getting, though it's not "officially" called that. ?130 :o

Nice! Reminds me of the Zenisis design, but with an electronic switch instead of the bottom mechanical design. Please, let us know how it performs once you get it.