NIST Suing People for Looking at Wikileaks?

Just got a random phone call from a restricted number on my cell phone, with an automated message asking me to record my defense against allegations of downloading classified content from Wikileaks.

I looked at Wikileaks, once, when the whole thing first started a year or so ago, just to see what it was about. Next thing I knew it was taken down. Apparently visiting it was enough though because Comcast supposedly handed my information over to the NIST. I'll gladly let them search through all of my computers, they won't find a thing, because it isn't there, but we'll see how this plays out, if it was even a legitimate phone call.

For the record I ignored the phone call, called Comcast, they were clueless, so I then e-mailed the Director of the NIST (director@nist.gov) to ask about the legitimacy of the call.

You would figure that if somebody were being investigated for something like this, they would either show up at my door with cuffs, or send me a summons in the mail.

If I were a scammer in this case, I would come up with some plausible story to scare a mark - people don't think clearly when they're frightened - and use that to leverage personal information out of them.

You're being sued. Give us your contact information. Confirm your address and SSN. Call this tolled number to make a statement or contact the litigating party directly, or arrange a settlement etc.