• 140 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 13:00

I pre-ordered it from Origin. Maybe that was my mistake :D

#167 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 13:01

I love sim city 5 i was in the beta , but the city size is too small. I city classified as "large city " is just over 100K population i believe. I want to make New York and London :p

The map sizes are perfect for NYC. I live on long island. NYC is a bunch of boroughs . Each city you build would technically be a borough of NYC. Manhattan would mostly be Commercial and sky scrapers, Westchester would mostly be residential, queens could be industrial.

I love sim city 5 i was in the beta , but the city size is too small. I city classified as "large city " is just over 100K population i believe. I want to make New York and London :p

The map sizes are perfect for NYC. I live on long island. NYC is a bunch of boroughs . Each city you build would technically be a borough of NYC. Manhattan would mostly be Commercial and sky scrapers, Westchester would mostly be residential, queens could be industrial.

#168 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 16 February 2013 - 13:56

Detroit--->graveyards and crack dens

#169 F_C

F_C

Neowinian

• 140 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 13:57

Detroit--->graveyards and crack dens

I believe that's the name of the first DLC (Y)

#170 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

• 1,123 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 14:03

That is true for sim city 4 but the map is different now there is now big green areas between each city in the region so that cant be done

#171 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 14:13

That is true for sim city 4 but the map is different now there is now big green areas between each city in the region so that cant be done

I know I was in the first beta. Why cant it be done? The first beta limited it to medium and low density. I had apartment buildings and multi level stores being built in my city. High density brings the skyscrapers and tall commercial . The game also lets you spread out things to other cities so that one region can take care of anothers garbage.

#172 Crisp

Crisp

Neowinian Senior

• 5,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 14:22

I lol'd at all the people who pre-ordered via Origin... you have more money than sense.

Amazon has the limited edition (Origin key) version for half the price of what it is on Origin.

#173 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,676 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 14:33

I lol'd at all the people who pre-ordered via Origin... you have more money than sense.

Amazon has the limited edition (Origin key) version for half the price of what it is on Origin.

It's listed at $59.99 on Origin and Amazon....

#174 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 14:41

I preordered the dvd version of the game from amazon. I figured once the servers get shutdown it will be easier to make it not depend on the servers if you have an actual dvd.

#175 Crisp

Crisp

Neowinian Senior

• 5,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 14:50

It's listed at $59.99 on Origin and Amazon....

£30 - http://gameagency.co...72&currency=GBP

£30 - http://www.go2arena....__store=english

£32 - http://www.zavvi.com...es&affil=thggps

£33 - http://www.thegameco...edition-pc.html

£33 - http://2game.com/simcity

Origin - £65 - http://store.origin....ctID.246949500/

Sucks that you live in a country that's in debt and wants more of your money.

There was a listing on Amazon for the digital version (Origin key) 2 weeks ago that was at £30 and I'm sure play-sc will have it for £25 a week after release. Just like they did with Battlefail 3.

#176 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,676 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 14:53

Sucks that you live in a country that's in debt and wants more of your money.

Pretty sure Canada has less debt than the UK, though I fail to see what that has to do with a video game price. Anyways your half price games there are almost what are full price game is so it's not that big of a deal then.

#177 +RageOfFury

RageOfFury

AJ Lee/Alison Brie/JLH worshiper

• 1,167 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 16 February 2013 - 15:03

It's listed at 59.99 on both Amazon.com (US) and Amazon.ca (Canada). Price of any new game in both countries. I don't see an issue here.

I'd much rather purchase a game from Amazon, Origin or Steam then from one of those shady looking European/Asian sites.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!