IE10 metro gone?

hey i installed google chrome and made it my default browser and now IE10 metro has disappeared completely. how on earth do i get it back? this also goes for control panel. once i opened the desktop one to see something in the desktop version of windows update, i cant get into the metro version of it! please help!

hey i installed google chrome and made it my default browser and now IE10 metro has disappeared completely. how on earth do i get it back? this also goes for control panel. once i opened the desktop one to see something in the desktop version of windows update, i cant get into the metro version of it! please help!

Its there for me... I have installed and made chrome default too....

something is wrong with ur PC... are you sure you didnt unpin from start?

Its there for me... I have installed and made chrome default too....

something is wrong with ur PC... are you sure you didnt unpin from start?

ya im sure. this also happened on the DP. and even if i do there should be a way to get it back. don't assume its my computer when everything else runs completely smoothly.

it doesnt make sense. i got control panel but not from searching it but from getting something labeled privacy in the settings tab under search. but metro IE isnt there. still no suggestions?

ya im sure. this also happened on the DP. and even if i do there should be a way to get it back. don't assume its my computer when everything else runs completely smoothly.

go to "start page" and start typing "internet explorer" if its there you will get the app on search from there you can pin to start page

when i say its disappeared, it means ive tried searching for it... i cant get to it. not through search, and not through the desktop IE10.

when i say its disappeared, it means ive tried searching for it... i cant get to it. not through search, and not through the desktop IE10.

seems like its a bug in beta... many have the same issue you mentioned... trust me its better without IE metro...

hopefully its fixed when the final version is released.

I haven't installed the beta yet, but I have seen this happen in Windows 7 before, doesn't happen on my PC here at home but on the PC at work, if I install firefox/chrome internet explorer disappears completely even after a search.

i found out the problem btw. just did. i had made Google chrome my default browser. and when internet explorer isnt the default browser, the metro version of it disappears.

i found out the problem btw. just did. i had made Google chrome my default browser. and when internet explorer isnt the default browser, the metro version of it disappears.

yeah I had this problem in the DP as well. Setting any other browser as the default will cause IE10 metro to disappear/be replaced with IE10 desktop. When you set IE10 as the default browser back again, IE10 metro magically re-appears. Strange behavior. I'm hoping that other Metro browsers (i.e. Firefox Metro, coming soon), could give us a better picture of what's going on.