Remote Desktop to Windows 8 CP PC?

Did a quick search and didn't see anything, but is anyone able to Remote Desktop into a Win8CP PC?

I have tried from my Vista laptop, it tries to connect and prompts for the user/pass, but just sits there and then fails eventually.

I have a user that is a Microsoft Account now (originally a Local Account, but then converted).

I have tried using the email address as the user as well as the original user name, but niether work...

Yes,

I was able to from my MS account. If you used a Microsoft Account you have to remote in with that e-mail address.

name@domain.com

password

RDP performance has actually improved pretty decently.

You might be able to try MicrosoftAccount\email

Have you checked to make sure remote desktop was enabled in system props?

Yeah i use it on a system at work to play around while still sitting on at my desk. I setup a system to test it out on as we might end up pushing it on all the machines next year :)

Thanks for your replies!

Ok, something must be messed up on my install then. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate, but the converted user account was messed up. I had associated it with a Microsoft Account, but the apps all kept saying it was a Local Account still. Everytime I would try to revert to a Local, it would give an error. I ended up wiping out that account and setting up a new one, but RDP doesn't seem to work...

Actually, I just re-read the error it gives:

"A licensing error occurred while the client was attempting to connect (Licensing timed out). Please try connecting to the remote computer again."

Not sure what that means...

I was able to do it without a Microsoft account, just used the account that was on the machine. Set up is the same as on Windows 7(follow the instructions here under "How do I enable Remote Desktop Connection on the computer I want to connect to?"). Make sure you select the users you want to allow RD for.

I was able to do it without a Microsoft account, just used the account that was on the machine. Set up is the same as on Windows 7(follow the instructions here under "How do I enable Remote Desktop Connection on the computer I want to connect to?"). Make sure you select the users you want to allow RD for.

Thanks, but I have it set up correctly and it was set up in Windows 7 beforehand. It appears to be either something corrupted during the upgrade maybe? Has anyone seen that error before? Looking online I see alot of things related to WinXP and 2003, but not Vista+...

Thanks, but I have it set up correctly and it was set up in Windows 7 beforehand. It appears to be either something corrupted during the upgrade maybe? Has anyone seen that error before? Looking online I see alot of things related to WinXP and 2003, but not Vista+...

(Y)

I'd attribute it to it being a prerelease software. Is there some method to file a bug report in 8?

Well, oddly enough, when I got home I found my Desktop was "frozen" (fans still running and image still on screen). After rebooting, it seems to be working so far.

Thanks for the replies!

on the topic of remote desktop, I had an issue where connecting to a win8 system from a win8 system would work for a few seconds but then crash... turns out it was a problem mapping a printer connection... after unchecking that option in the RDC app on the client end, the connection works perfectly.

FYI my printer driver on the client end is a Dell 3110 laser... perhaps I will look for newer drivers... I notice Dell has a standardized "Open Print Driver" for a lot of their printers now... about time!