• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5 16 GB

Posted 10 March 2012 - 13:52

Mine's running Cyanogen Mod 7, and the Play Store icon showed up automatically on my phone yesterday. I'm sorry... "Play Store"??? That just looks and sounds dumb. I had the "Market" icon on my home screen, but I'll be removing this new ugly thing.

Agreed with Som above ^... barely any change in functionality. What's the point?

You don't use the Market/Play Store to download apps? I'm curious, do you use a 3rd party store (like Amazon, etc), or do you just not use apps?

I'm ok with keeping it consistent, so I don't mind Play Store, Play Music, Play Movies. However, they could've chose a better name than "Play."

#32 +BeerFan

BeerFan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 March 2012 - 14:29

You don't use the Market/Play Store to download apps? I'm curious, do you use a 3rd party store (like Amazon, etc), or do you just not use apps?

I'm ok with keeping it consistent, so I don't mind Play Store, Play Music, Play Movies. However, they could've chose a better name than "Play."

Nope.. I do use apps and i used Market previously. I just meant that I'm not a big fan of the new name and icon, so i won't be keeping the icon on my home screen. I'll just access it through my apps list.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!