1 year since having any pop! not even a sip!

Think my longest was just short of 9 months, then went for a night out where I was designated driver and the water tasted so metallic so had a coke -.-

Good for you, for me I stopped going to places like McDonalds a few years ago and never looked back :)

same here, closest I come to fast food is little ceaser's pizza. If I'm on the go and need some quick fix I go to kroger or giant eagle deli and pick up a salad or low cal sammiches.

what have you been drinking instead?

If you've swapped to tap water I bet you've saved a fair few bucks!

yes I have... I have a filter for my water though since the water is really bad here. I use the filtered water to make country time lemonade or iced tea.

most of my staple drinks are gatorade or juices. mostly juices.

Addicted to pop ?

:laugh: I thought this thread was about Alcohol

Seriously? I can see why drinking too much would be bad for someone, but addicted ?

Aspartame is probably the only bad thing in certain diet pops

Screw diet pops...

I know as a heavy full blown pop drinker I don't have a lot of say in this, but: diet pop is incredibly bad for you!

I'd rather take the extra pounds on my hips than aspartame!

Either way, I'm not even chubby even though I don't do sports... :p

main-qimg-4b5f853bcdcfdb220cde0e31867ccf35

Problem calories?

Glassed Silver:mac

• Like 2

yeah when I drank diet pop I'd get soooo siiiick... I frew it up right away...

You all sound like crack addicts :laugh:

I drink 2-3 cans a day usually, along with water and orange juice. I don't think it is that big of deal when combined with food. Drinking it on an empty stomach is bad though, you just get wind all the time and can't stop burping.

I don't really have any other vices like coffee, smoking, alcohol or crack. So i don't think it is too bad to have a few cans a week.

Well done on giving it up though. If i could get bottled water and orange juice as cheap as i can get Coca Cola then i'd give up too :laugh:

get a filter for your tap and use it to make various drinks...

gratz to you. i have a horrible diet pepsi addiction that i would love to quit... tried a couple times... 1 st time for 3 months and 2nd time for 1 month... 4 litres a day since 18 and now 37... gotta quit but its my only vice. No coffee, no alcohol, no smokes, no drugs. you gotta have something right?

When I was around 11-12 I started drinking Coke, then at around 17-18 I switched to Diet Pepsi and I'm 27 now. During that time I stopped for over a year and drank mostly Perier sparkling water (I need a drink with bubbles), after over a year I felt I gave it up for no good reasons and just started drinking diet Pepsi again.

My wife wants me to stop again but I doubt I will, I don't really see a good reason and when I stop I don't have anything else I really like to drink and I always get dehydrated

They did a study and found that a drinking diet coke every day has a worse affect on your liver then being an alcoholic. However I cannot find the exact link to the story. It was a news segment on a local news station. But here is something eerily familiar: http://news.menshealth.com/the-truth-about-diet-soda/2011/07/07/.

• Like 2

I had stomach problems as well, and have quit drinking soda's. I am only drinking Orange Juice in the morning, water during the day.. Although I can NOT stand the taste of plain water so I use Propel Zero flavor packs.. They have Vitamins and such in them.. and then I drink sweet tea once I get home.

My doc told me to go off pop 1 year ago today!!! My kidney's are much better and I don't have as many tummy problems!

I have not had any pop (not even a sip) since 1 year ago today!!!

what an accomplishment in this day and age!!!!

I shall celebrate by going to the chinese buffet place today!

Well done! I gave them up years ago for a similar reason (lots of kidney infections, the stones were the last straw) and it's actually awesome. I drink water and unsweetened iced or hot tea, fruit juice occasionally but no artificial sweeteners and I try not to drink any calories except in alcohol :D Lost ~5-10lbs without even changing anything else, my head is clearer, and I feel better. I used to hate water but now I like it, got used to it I guess. The best part is, if I try to drink a soda now, it just tastes like chemicals. You can really tell all that crap that's in them once you give it up for a while. One of the best things I ever did for myself! I know you don't regret it either :)

cool thank you all again.... and yeah my face feels better as a result as well. it would actually itch a lot more with pop then without...

I drink pop pretty much daily, though I drink Canada Dry (Ginger Ale), and when I go out for dinner I'll get 7-UP or Sprite, I haven't drank DARK pop (Coke, Pepsi, etc) in about 8 months. I used to drink a 2L bottle of coke a day basically.

i drink a coke almost everyday...sometimes with 2 or more meals :s

I see DJCoke in your sig LOL...

I'm at 2 months, it was my New Years resolution to quit drinking it. I almost broke down on the second week, I was craving a Coke so bad and my family keeps a mini fridge full of ice cold cans so that didn't help any. I think I've made it though, I've lost any desire to drink them and just the thought of the taste now seems kind of disgusting. I never drank much water before but now I can't get enough and I feel so much better.

Just a heads up but juice is loaded with sugar, especially the store bought kind. It's almost as bad as pop. Making your own with a juicer is a little better but it costs a fortune just to make a glass. I still drink it now and then though; I try to stick with water but sometimes you need something with some flavor to it.

soda,cola,or whatever your region calls it....

they call it pop where I live....

Where I live, "pop," is an archaic term for it... xD

Congrats, that's awesome. I can't really say what my longest is without any soda, because I've never had an issue with it, so therefore I've never really had to regulate it. I grew up being allowed to have one soda a day, and no more. That stuck with me as an adult and if I ever do have a soda, it's the only I have that day, though I frequently go without. I'm not a huge soda person, but sometimes the sugar and caffeine help give a little boost when needed.