Out of state Taxes

Hey, so I am trying to figure out how to to my taxes this year. I am a Maryland resident but recently moved to WA. I did some work in WA and received some payments and a 1099 form. I want to file taxes but I don't know what state I need to file them in. I would like to file them in WA since the work was done in WA and I paid WA state sales tax for the past 6 months while I was working here.... But I am guessing that I am still a Maryland resident.

Any advice? I know I can read 10 pages and figure it out, but I am looking for a quicker answer.

You take laziness to a whole new level.

What matters is where you lived, not where you worked, assuming your employer didn't withhold anything. In your case your employer couldn't have withheld anything because you get a 1099.

Now go figure out whether you should pay state taxes or not to Maryland by reading the 10 pages.

If both states have state income taxes, I think most do other than Florida and here in Tennessee, then yes you'll have to file in both states. You can do it all at once, but it gets complicated...I'd pay H&R Block or some other service to do it. My wife works in Virginia but we live in Tennessee, and she has to pay Va state taxes.

Hey, so I am trying to figure out how to to my taxes this year. I am a Maryland resident but recently moved to WA. I did some work in WA and received some payments and a 1099 form. I want to file taxes but I don't know what state I need to file them in. I would like to file them in WA since the work was done in WA and I paid WA state sales tax for the past 6 months while I was working here.... But I am guessing that I am still a Maryland resident.

Any advice? I know I can read 10 pages and figure it out, but I am looking for a quicker answer.

You will not file taxes in WA their is no income tax. That said does Maryland have an income tax? If so you will file your federal and state (Maryland) taxes.