Samsung SGH-i667 "Mandel" is a LTE Windows Phone , hits FCC

image48.png?e83a2c

Just in time to make us question our decision to buy a HTC Titan II or Nokia Lumia 900, an new LTE-powered Windows Phone has just powered its way through the FCC.

The Samsung SGH-i667 AKA Samsung Mandel has been rumoured for some time, and according to a leak from December last year will have a 4.3 inch screen.

Knowing Samsung?s propensity for simply repackaging their Android handsets for Windows Phone, the device will likely be a Windows Phone version of the Samsung Galaxy S Skyrocket (right), also a LTE handset with a 4.5 inch screen on AT&T. That device has a front-facing camera and an 8 megapixel rear-facing main camera.

Nothing else is known about the handset, and given the lack of the device at CES and MWC 2012 it is not clear when the handset will hit the market.

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-sgh-i667-mandel-is-a-lte-windows-phone-hits-fcc/

LTE but no dual-core Windows Phone handsets yet?

Not once in my experience of Windows Phone have I ever thought "Oh, it's nice but it needs to be dual core."

It's seamless without it and quite frankly I'd prefer them to keep to single cores until #1 Windows Phone is configured to properly utilize a second core and #2 A battery that isn't going to suck donkey balls is developed.

Infact I've NEVER met a Windows Phone user who's been like "ZOMG NEED SECOND CORE. SUX WITHOUT IT." The only people who complain are people who have never even touched the OS.

• Like 2

nokia's agressive actions make samsung guys eat their words

they are going to eat more than words soon because they are too lazy to do anything

even if they put rocket inside their phones i'll be buying nokia or htc

Samsung wants to wait mostly on WP8 because it will bring support for their own ARM processors, while right now they have to use snapdragons etc. If anything WP8 will open up the platform to more hardware on the inside which will also allow Nokia and Samsung both to bring out newer models faster and for less while right now Qualcomm has more or less a monopoly on hardware when it comes to WP7.5.