official first person action pc ps3 xbox 360 game

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#91 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,425 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:28

Not what I meant. I was referring to the fact that DX10 games won't run on XP, and since XP isn't listed as a supported OS, it made me believe that the game was DX10 or higher. It has nothing to do with how DX9 games run on Vista/7, and everything to do with how DX10 games WON'T run on XP.

I know, it's goofy. It's not the only game that's done it though. Quantum Conundrum is Windows 7 only and dx9.

#92 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• 6,288 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:59

How can it be DX9 if it won't work under XP? Minimum requirements are Vista and 7, which leads me to believe it would have to be DX10, unless there's something I'm missing.

Dx9 because they code for the lowest common denominator and that denominator are the consoles, which only support Dx9 (or equivalent). This is the main source of hate for consoles from PC gamers as well I might add, consoles are holding back PC games in this regard.

EDIT: Of cause not everyone does this, I mean a good developer will take advantage of the different hardware the game runs on. However, alot are lazy and just code for the one that will make the most money (which is consoles is most cases) and then port it to the other platforms.

#93 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 21:22

I am sad that the game doesn't look better :/ . It looks like I'm running around a TF2 map texture wise; fun gameplay, which is what matters - but definitely didn't max out the tech for even us console users...

#94 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:09

Considering this is only the studios fourth game release. The prior three being two games that were okay, Bioshock being the other, but they only did the design on, has a lot to do with the graphics, use of DX9, compatibility and relative ease of porting to consoles. Money, money, money.
I am sure with the success of this game, and revenue it brings in, they will step forward if they decide to make a Dishonored II, and up the graphics, game engine and all that good stuff. Which hopefully doesn't devalue the gameplay.

That said, I went over to my brothers who rented this, and I checked it out. So I got me a copy on PC. Got through the first mission undetected but I failed to get ghost cause apparently one unconscious body was spotted. No idea how, I hid them all very well and it took me about an hour and a half to do the mission by waiting patiently. Really irked me that I didn't get ghost. I almost want to do it again, but that just took way to much time.

Fun game though, from what I have seen so far. I'm not sure that it lives up to the reviews and hype it is getting, but if you have extra cash, I'd recommend checking it out, or waiting for a price drop.
Also, it is touted as steampunk... But everything runs on whale oil... Which means it is not steampunk. But I get it, with the "steampunk" vibe and all. :p

#95 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 17 October 2012 - 22:29

Getting kind of angry now. Did the second mission, which took about 2 hours of utter patience. I know I made a mistake a guard saw a body, so I knew I wouldn't get ghost. But at the end, it said I killed 1 hostile. And that aggravates the hell out of me cause I know for a fact I didn't kill anyone at all. Seems this games detection system is slightly out of whack. I didn't spend two hours not killing everyone just to have it ruined by the game saying I killed one. :angry:

Anyway, this made me laugh:
Floatinngggg Whallleee
Posted Image

#96 SimplySchizo

SimplySchizo

Neowinian Senior

• 3,211 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 22:40

Well, there's a couple ways I've killed enemies without noticing;
One is putting them to sleep and them falling into water from which they drown.

The other isn't as obvious;
It's choking a guy on on a slope or on stairs.. I've seen it where it kills them as they slide down.

I haven't checked but tossing a body into a wall while asleep may also do it.

#97 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

• 1,455 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 18:59

Really fun so far and graphics are just awesome ! Playing on 1900x1080 res with antialiasing/shadows turned off and my old rig is grinding through this with no frame rate stuttering or tearing.

#98 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,677 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 19 October 2012 - 20:36

I am sad that the game doesn't look better :/ . It looks like I'm running around a TF2 map texture wise; fun gameplay, which is what matters - but definitely didn't max out the tech for even us console users...

While there are aspects on the game that are TF2-like in their appearance that's far from representative of the game. The game has very good graphics overall, though it would have benefited from higher resolution textures and hardware tessellation. I certainly don't fault them considering the scope of the game. Dishonored never intended to push the envelope graphically but I'd say it's up there with the best of modern games.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:09

First Dishonored DLC has a wave based arena battle

Bethesda has announced Dishonored DLC.

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials releases in December for £3.99 / €4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
It includes 10 challenge maps each with 10 distinct trials designed to test your combat, stealth and mobility skills. These trials include an arena battle against waves of enemy AI, drop assassinations and a race against the clock. There are new achievements and trophies and a global online leaderboard.

That's the first DLC. The second and third add-ons will launch in 2013 simultaneously on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, and each features a story-driven campaign.
Daud, the leader of a group of supernatural assassins known as 'The Whalers', is at the centre of the second DLC, due early spring 2013. Expect new Dunwall locales and Daud's own set of weapons, powers and gadgets. Bethesda described it as a "story-driven" campaign. How you play and the choices you make impact the final outcome, it said.

The third DLC remains under wraps. An image of the Dunwall City Trials, called Bend Time Massacre, is below.

Posted Image

#100 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,160 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:03

Just started playing this game. So far i am quite impressed!

#101 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 15:53

Dunwall City Trials, the first add-on pack for Dishonored, will be available worldwide on December 11, 2012 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC!

ESRB RATING: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, and Strong Language.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#102 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 16:36

For 400 points, I'll consider it. Still waiting to see if ME3 Omega is "worth it" via reviews as I've seen one guy state he spent an hour and done.

#103 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,425 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 19:13

For 400 points, I'll consider it. Still waiting to see if ME3 Omega is "worth it" via reviews as I've seen one guy state he spent an hour and done.

There are enough people trolling Bioware these days I doubt it.

Anyway, I got the game as a Christmas present. It's pretty cool so far.

#104 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,677 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 01 December 2012 - 15:00

I'll probably pick up the time trials as this is a game I really want to support, though I'm much more interested in the singleplayer content.

#105 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,742 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:43

So, I've finally gotten into this, and holy crap it's great and challenging (I'm going for Ghost [don't get spotted at all], Clean Hands [don't kill anyone], and Flesh and Steel [don't buy or upgrade any powers] trophies all in the same run).

it's like Bioshock, Hitman, and Half-Life had a steampunk baby.