dishonored-bethesda-arkane-stealth-actio

Details

Bethesda Softworks
Developer(s): Arkane Studios
Genre: Action
Release: TBA 2012 (US)
ESRB: RP
Platform: PC, Playstation 3, XBOX 360

Dishonored is the first game from Arkane since it was acquired by Bethesda, and the game is being developed with the help of the lead designers of Deus Ex and Arx Fatalis.

Overview

You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is being besieged by plague and ruled by an oppressive government armed with neo-industrial technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you, abilities beyond those of any common man ? but at what cost? The truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city, and the life you once had is gone forever.

Screens

assassination.jpg
bedroom.jpg
darkvision.jpg
founddead.jpg
goldencat.jpg
rooftop.jpg
walloflight.jpg
groupfight2.jpg

Videos

Great thread, Muhammad. :)

This game reminds me of Half-Life 2 and BioShock. I'm sure the PC version won't be a poorly optimized console port. The developers, Arkane Studios, are the same guys that made Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It was made with the Source engine and during the game's development, they worked on a Half-Life game called "Return to Ravenholm". It was cancelled but it shows that they had a working relationship with Valve (which is primarily a PC game developer). I don't know what their experience is with Unreal Engine 3 but judging by the screenshots and videos, I'd say they're quite talented. From what I've read online so far, the game is using a custom version of Unreal Engine 3 with a lot of extra stuff developed in-house.

Thanks.

Agreed on Half-Life 2 and BioShock part. Not to mention 'Theif'

Remind me of thief too.

• 4 weeks later...

just saying, i have no faith in anything bethesda makes anymore... they are all show no go.

Care to try Skyrim and get back to me?

• Like 2

just saying, i have no faith in anything bethesda makes anymore... they are all show no go.

Developer(s): Arkane Studios

Arx Fatalis (2002)

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (2006)

I was hoping they'd show gameplay footage by now. The CGI trailer was pretty cool though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The review embargo just dropped at midnight, and the game's getting rave reviews so far (Y)

You're right. VG247 has a review roundup which you can see here.

I bit the bullet today and pre-ordered it.

Stupidly i was going to wait and get it later but you can never have too many games :laugh:

Hopefully this game is a big hit for Arkane Studios, Dark Messiah was such an underrated game.