Android replacing iPhone?

I am looking into android as my second smart phone. I am kind of bored with my iPhone 4, and my contract is running out in June. I see android phones and would like the features on the, like memory management, the screens, and the widgets tweaks and add ons. My iPhone is slow at times, but other than that it is working well for me. I enjoy using it, and it serves me well.

Since my contract ends in June I would like to look into the phones I can get other than the iPhone 5 which I would be waiting until September, when the apple media event is when they will supposedly release the iPhone 5. My only problem is that the ones I've looked at we're laggy, and had a blue tint. I love typography and clear non pixelated screens. My iPhones retina screen does this without a tint, are there any android phones without that tint for AT&T that would be an iPhone equivalent?

I listen to music on the bus every morning and every other afternoon, and I use iTunes on my Mac. Windows phone 7 is also an option. I also take pictures often, and would like a high quality camera, it doesn't need a front facing camera, I wouldn't use it.

I guess the most recently announced android "super phones" include the HTC One X which apparently has a very good camera, beats audio for your music and a high resolution screen. Not sure what blue tint you are talking about? Unfortunatley I don't know when it's coming to the US market.

Other phone that should be out by June is the Samsung Galaxy S3 or whatever equivilant they call it in the US. Expect that to be an amazing phone.

I am looking into android as my second smart phone. I am kind of bored with my iPhone 4, and my contract is running out in June. I see android phones and would like the features on the, like memory management, the screens, and the widgets tweaks and add ons. My iPhone is slow at times, but other than that it is working well for me. I enjoy using it, and it serves me well.

Since my contract ends in June I would like to look into the phones I can get other than the iPhone 5 which I would be waiting until September, when the apple media event is when they will supposedly release the iPhone 5. My only problem is that the ones I've looked at we're laggy, and had a blue tint. I love typography and clear non pixelated screens. My iPhones retina screen does this without a tint, are there any android phones without that tint for AT&T that would be an iPhone equivalent?

I listen to music on the bus every morning and every other afternoon, and I use iTunes on my Mac. Windows phone 7 is also an option. I also take pictures often, and would like a high quality camera, it doesn't need a front facing camera, I wouldn't use it.

from my experience, android sucks at music management with your computer compared to itunes and an iphone. it just works soooo much better and will probably be the reason i never ever use an android phone. also, depending on which android phone, they just don't work well with macs (i have had terrible luck with any newer samsung device and trying to get it to even show up on my macbook). I don't have much experience with other android phone devices on osx so i cannot comment on any other company's devices.

The Galaxy S3 will probably be a decent phone as long as they give it a better screen than the S2. The S2 was horribly over-saturated.

If you go Android, just be prepared to come across a lot of small things that might aggravate you. Even ICS has noticeable lag and crash issues. It's definitely not smooth and fluid 100% of the time like iOS is.

from my experience, android sucks at music management with your computer compared to itunes and an iphone. it just works soooo much better and will probably be the reason i never ever use an android phone. also, depending on which android phone, they just don't work well with macs (i have had terrible luck with any newer samsung device and trying to get it to even show up on my macbook). I don't have much experience with other android phone devices on osx so i cannot comment on any other company's devices.

I think music management is good on iPhones but I've been using Spotify/Grooveshark to manage my music as offline playlists and sync them across all my devices, and it's been really pleasant. I don't have an Android device but it's not going to stop you from not being able to access Grooveshark and the Spotify Android applications from the Google Play store, so you can easily just switch to this method. (Although it costs per month, I find the fee so worthwhile, as I just hate syncing music to each of my machines, and it puts that grief away).

+ Spotify even merges with your iTunes library so everything from your iTunes is automatically imported into Spotify ready to be managed!

As for Android, I'm sure it's developed now but I really gave it a chance but don't want to risk it again since I'm not ready to be stuck with a phone that goes unbearably laggy after a couple of months use. When I switched to iPhone, it put these woes away and I can honestly say I don't think I'm going back. But wait for S3 or the new HTC's as I've heard they are reducing the resources for Sense UI so it's not as bulky as past versions and this is one of the biggest complaints about their devices, or just load a custom rom onto the phone.

(Note: I may point to some favouritism to an iPhone, but this is just my opinion and past dealings with devices mentioned in the statement)

As for the having an Android phone I always see it lag, I just don't know why. The hardware and specifications of the phones are really being pushed, I mean from the S2 I feel a slight sense of lag when navigating through the menu's or just general use. I'm not saying iPhone doesn't have these problems but I just feel that these devices have a better specification set then the iPhone 4, yet they do not feel snappy in some cases. These might not be your biggest problems, but make sure you have a good trial of the phone before you get stuck into contract with a phone you don't like.

And finally, be sure that you won't get jealous of the latest and great 'Android software' as it takes time to rollout the newest software to older phones and I just find some many people just asking 'when does my phone get ice cream sandwich' and they ask for tech support to update their phones, when either there phone is too old or their network is providing an OTA update. These users are average users so they don't want to root their phones and load a custom rom, they just want the newer software, just be happy that you got a phone that works the way you want it to work when you buy it, and don't expect 'HTC, Samsung, LG or whatever' to provide the newest updates to your phone through the entire period of your contract. Mainly aiming this towards future versions of Android, not or not just Ice Cream Sandwich.

go with galaxy nexus or if you can wait look at SG S3.. SG S2 is a good phone i would prefer Galaxy Nexus since it is vanilla

there is also newly released phones like HTC one and Xperia S which is awesome.

I have used many Android phones (Motorola Atrix, Samsung Captivate, HTC Inspire, LG Thrill, Samsung Infuse and Samsung Skyrocket) as well as Windows Phones (Samsung Focus, HTC Surround, Samsung Focus S, and HTC Titan) and I have had mixed experiences. As far as Android goes, never in your entire life purchase a LG phone (Worst experience ever!) but my favorite would be the Samsung Skyrocket which is just an overall great phone and its very fast. HTC and Motorola as make great well-built devices and I prefer their build quality because Samsung products are very fragile... one drop from my Infuse left it broken :(. As far as Windows Phones go the Samsung Focus S and the HTC Titan are great phones and the Titan as a amazing camera and a very nice slim build. My main issue with Android phones would be their battery... I even purchased an app called JuiceDefender and it did improve battery but I found my self having to turn off GPS, 3G/4G/LTE, WiFi, as well as lowering the brightness to keep it from running too low. Another issue would be software updates, on my LG Thrill I was forced to use Froyo the entire time because LG and AT&T refused to provide further updates due to something with the 3D screen and camera. With Windows Phones you are guaranteed constant and quick updates which make your overall experience much more enjoyable, nontheless I like the open feeling of Android and all the nice tweaks available with Custom ROMS and rooting. Windows Phones have never crashed on me or forzen and I consider myself a heavy user. The interface is rather fluid and smooth and it just makes you happy to use it. Overall the phone I would recommend would probably be the Nokia 900, because by June it will have been released or go with the HTC Titan 2 which is going to have a 12 MP camera and will be released alongside the 900.

From my experience, iTunes sucks pretty bad running on Windows.

With that said, again, I like Winamp. I dont play much music on my phone, but if I do...I use winamp. I mainly just stream music via Google music, Pandora, or Tunein Radio.

I'm very content with my Windows Phone 7 handset (LG Optimus 7). The music manager is beautiful, it has wireless sync for music/photos/videos/podcasts, you can easily share with a multitude of networks, and also automatically upload photos to Skydrive.

It's also very organised, and features are easy to find. I should really blog about features I like someday. Maybe for Apollo...

The Galaxy S3 will probably be a decent phone as long as they give it a better screen than the S2. The S2 was horribly over-saturated.

Finally someone agrees with me. :)

Pure bull****. If you have your music tagged properly, it works perfectly well. I've uploaded all my music to Google Music, so the Play Music app works perfectly with all my music content. No need to store ~33GB of my music on my phone. Besides iTunes as a music app is absolute garbage, whether its Windows or Mac. Most Android players are MSC, but newer ones like Galaxy Nexus use MTP. Either way, I have had good luck with my Android devices on Windows, Linux. If Apple can't support standards properly, well poor them, and consumers only lose.

Finally someone agrees with me.

Nope. He said it was oversaturated, you said it wasn't vivid enough... Which way do you want it?

Personally (and as per most reviews and users) I find it a top notch screen.

Pure bull****. If you have your music tagged properly, it works perfectly well. I've uploaded all my music to Google Music, so the Play Music app works perfectly with all my music content. No need to store ~33GB of my music on my phone. Besides iTunes as a music app is absolute garbage, whether its Windows or Mac. Most Android players are MSC, but newer ones like Galaxy Nexus use MTP. Either way, I have had good luck with my Android devices on Windows, Linux. If Apple can't support standards properly, well poor them, and consumers only lose.

your entire experience has nothing to do with the user and what he has asked/inquired about. my asus transformer worked great in connecting to my mac, samsungs... garbage. he is talking about synching is mac to an android device with is pretty well known is shoddy at best. if android used normal USB storage and not PTP or MTP none of this would be a problem. Your solution also only works in the US as google music is only supported there. Your argument of standards doesn't work because the android file tranfer program couldn't even get my tab to show up on my mac as well as the kiss software. I have tried this with a nexus, galaxy tab, s2 and another samsung a friend of mine had who wanted music. My only solution was downloading a file explorer that supported SMB connections. And I don't get how what i said is bull ****... you talk about cloud storage, the OP is talking about synching his music from his mac to an android phone. itunes is also awesome on OSX. You also have no idea what kind of data plan he has as well and as travelling for a elongated amount of time streaming music can use a lot of data and can suck depending on reception in said area.

Apparently, you suck at reading and come back to me when you have a way for my galaxy tab can properly sync with itunes and the hundreds of playlists i have.

your entire experience has nothing to do with the user and what he has asked/inquired about. my asus transformer worked great in connecting to my mac, samsungs... garbage. he is talking about synching is mac to an android device with is pretty well known is shoddy at best. if android used normal USB storage and not PTP or MTP none of this would be a problem. Your solution also only works in the US as google music is only supported there. Your argument of standards doesn't work because the android file tranfer program couldn't even get my tab to show up on my mac as well as the kiss software. I have tried this with a nexus, galaxy tab, s2 and another samsung a friend of mine had who wanted music. My only solution was downloading a file explorer that supported SMB connections. And I don't get how what i said is bull ****... you talk about cloud storage, the OP is talking about synching his music from his mac to an android phone. itunes is also awesome on OSX. You also have no idea what kind of data plan he has as well and as travelling for a elongated amount of time streaming music can use a lot of data and can suck depending on reception in said area.

Apparently, you suck at reading.

Syncing Music between Android and a Computer is easy. There are plenty of programs to do it, alternatively just connect to USB, browse for music folder, drag and drop music. Pretty Easy I'd Say.

Also, I live in Ontario, yet I have Google Music with all my music uploaded and playing perfectly on my BELL Atrix. Riddle me that ;) No I'm not attacking, I'm just saying that it is possible, and I prefer it to even having to put music on my iPod. Also good music allows the downloading of music onto the phone so can just use that too. PC to upload to cloud, and google music player to add songs to the device.

I have an Atrix and I am quite happy with it. The screen is clear, cameras are clear, I rarely if ever lag, I reboot my phone about once a month just to make sure it's all good. I don't get crazy battery life, but I charge it over night and call it good. My sons mother has a Nexus, she has quite a few problems but it's mostly software related and how the nexus hardware processes some memory commands. All of which is fixed in the next update.

I have 0 issues with my Android device and I don't see myself switching from Android anytime soon.

Apparently, you suck at reading and come back to me when you have a way for my galaxy tab can properly sync with itunes and the hundreds of playlists i have.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your best ability either. I said if you tag your music properly, it will work properly on Google Play music player. This is a universal music player to Android as OEM's include their stock music player (aka HTC has one, Samsung has one, etc). Of course, another 3rd party program like Winamp also reads the tags properly. I have my music tagged properly, so I can confirm it works in Play Music app, and Winamp.That was the point of me saying that. But, no, you had to go on some tangent and start attacking me.

I have had no problems with using Android devices on Windows, and Linux. "It just works." ;) This is what a company with a fruit logo would say. Also, Apple would have to open up iTunes if it wanted other devices from other companies to sync with iTunes. Samsung can't be responsible for that. Palm got the Pre to sync with iTunes, but Apple kept updating iTunes to block (Link) that sync capability. It is very clear Apple wants iTunes to work only with Apple products. Thank God, because I see iTunes as a very negative music experience. Along with being slow (bloated) and a poor interface for music/media management, I hate how Apple forces you to use it to use it to sync music/etc. I don't mind if a company forces you to use a program to sync, as long as it's good (my personal favorite: Zune).

Syncing Music between Android and a Computer is easy. There are plenty of programs to do it, alternatively just connect to USB, browse for music folder, drag and drop music. Pretty Easy I'd Say.

Also, I live in Ontario, yet I have Google Music with all my music uploaded and playing perfectly on my BELL Atrix. Riddle me that ;) No I'm not attacking, I'm just saying that it is possible, and I prefer it to even having to put music on my iPod. Also good music allows the downloading of music onto the phone so can just use that too. PC to upload to cloud, and google music player to add songs to the device.

I have an Atrix and I am quite happy with it. The screen is clear, cameras are clear, I rarely if ever lag, I reboot my phone about once a month just to make sure it's all good. I don't get crazy battery life, but I charge it over night and call it good. My sons mother has a Nexus, she has quite a few problems but it's mostly software related and how the nexus hardware processes some memory commands. All of which is fixed in the next update.

I have 0 issues with my Android device and I don't see myself switching from Android anytime soon.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your best ability either. I said if you tag your music properly, it will work properly on Google Play music player. This is a universal music player to Android as OEM's include their stock music player (aka HTC has one, Samsung has one, etc). Of course, another 3rd party program like Winamp also reads the tags properly. I have my music tagged properly, so I can confirm it works in Play Music app, and Winamp.That was the point of me saying that. But, no, you had to go on some tangent and start attacking me.

I have had no problems with using Android devices on Windows, and Linux. "It just works." ;) This is what a company with a fruit logo would say. Also, Apple would have to open up iTunes if it wanted other devices from other companies to sync with iTunes. Samsung can't be responsible for that. Palm got the Pre to sync with iTunes, but Apple kept updating iTunes to block (Link) that sync capability. It is very clear Apple wants iTunes to work only with Apple products. Thank God, because I see iTunes as a very negative music experience. Along with being slow (bloated) and a poor interface for music/media management, I hate how Apple forces you to use it to use it to sync music/etc. I don't mind if a company forces you to use a program to sync, as long as it's good (my personal favorite: Zune).

neither of you have answered how to do it on mac... or realize that samsungs pretty much just don't work on a mac. OP uses a mac. i know music works on the google music player, i use it on my tab, but neither of you are answering the OP's question. if you want to go off about how you personally hate itunes or how well android music player works on everything but a mac, go create another topic.

neither of you have answered how to do it on mac... or realize that samsungs pretty much just don't work on a mac. OP uses a mac. i know music works on the google music player, i use it on my tab, but neither of you are answering the OP's question. if you want to go off about how you personally hate itunes or how well android music player works on everything but a mac, go create another topic.

My first line said that it's possible and ways to do it :/

My original response was for you - you made some pretty bad claims. I hate when people mispread wrong information and some poor person may get bad advice because of it.

My original response was for you - you made some pretty bad claims. I hate when people mispread wrong information and some poor person may get bad advice because of it.

personal experience bro, like i said, learn to read. they are not claims, they are facts. I referred to samsung devices only and said i wasn't sure how other devices work with OSX. go on xda and see the tons of posts of newer samsungs devices having troubles with OSX.

Android is going to be dead in a decade. Stick with the iPhone it's better in the long run. Plus it doesn't get viruses and have crappy apps like android does. I am an ex-android user. Please take my advice!!!!!

Android is going to be dead in a decade. Stick with the iPhone it's better in the long run. Plus it doesn't get viruses and have crappy apps like android does. I am an ex-android user. Please take my advice!!!!!

I think his next phone will be dead in a decade too, let's not worry too much about what OS exists in ten years time and pick that one that suits his needs and desires right now.