Metro for Steam - 3.6.8

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#76 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:54

Nice! Now I don't have to minimize Steam anymore because it isn't an eyesore! :)
Great work!

Haha, thanks! And thanks again for the Steam logo!

Great skin! Definitely something I will not use Steam without.

I'm glad to hear that!

Looks fantastic -- great job.

My only issue/bug is that my wallet has some leftover change, and that appears behind "VIEW FRIENDS."

Thanks, the issue has already been reported and will be released in the next update.

And your skin is on the front page. Enjoy: http://www.neowin.ne...ws-8-steam-skin

I just left a comment on the article. :) I'm astonished at the response to this theme.

All I can say is thanks to everyone who has supported both Josh's work as well as my own over the years. Neowin is where it all began and I couldn't have done it without everyone here!

#77 Excelsis

Excelsis

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:05

Frontpage, that is awesome. You totally deserve it.

I really liked the mockups but sadly after using it I find its too bulky for my taste, though it looks really good. Guess I'll never get away from my minimalistic obsession, eh?

#78 CGar

CGar

WOOF

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:39

Oh man, there's so much I love about your skin... but at the same time I'm still stuck to the current skin I'm using :/

I love the look/feel/font, but I feel like there's a lot of wasted space on the borders of just about every window. If some of this could be trimmed I feel like that would make this even closer to being a perfect skin.

The only other comment I might have is to try and make the Steam Overlay a bit more space efficient, a lot of skins are doing that, since the default steam overlay blocks so much of the game's view.

#79 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:52

Nice skin :)

I'm using it and I like it >.<

#80 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 29 April 2012 - 14:33

Frontpage, that is awesome. You totally deserve it.

I really liked the mockups but sadly after using it I find its too bulky for my taste, though it looks really good. Guess I'll never get away from my minimalistic obsession, eh?

Thanks Excelsis. I don't know if you've seen some of the Firefox themes and concepts Josh and I have done, but I'm a fellow minimalist myself. Check this out. I tried to stay true to the Windows 8 Start Screen so I felt that justified the use of some extra padding. Perhaps I'll tighten things up in future releases. Right now my main concern is finishing off some areas that haven't even been started, like the small Friend's list.

Oh man, there's so much I love about your skin... but at the same time I'm still stuck to the current skin I'm using :/

I love the look/feel/font, but I feel like there's a lot of wasted space on the borders of just about every window. If some of this could be trimmed I feel like that would make this even closer to being a perfect skin.

The only other comment I might have is to try and make the Steam Overlay a bit more space efficient, a lot of skins are doing that, since the default steam overlay blocks so much of the game's view.

See my response to Excelsis. I can relate with your concerns entirely, I love compact and space-efficient user interfaces. This is something I'll consider for a future release.

I haven't dug into the Steam Overlay yet. It'll look far better when I do.

Thanks for the comment!

Nice skin :)

I'm using it and I like it >.<

Thank you!

#81 pixated

pixated

Neowinian

Posted 29 April 2012 - 20:35

Absolutely amazing skin. Thanks for creating it and releasing it. Definitely replaces the default for me. :)

#82 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 29 April 2012 - 22:20

Absolutely amazing skin. Thanks for creating it and releasing it. Definitely replaces the default for me. :)

That's good news. Comments like this make it all worth it.

Thanks!

#83 paxa

paxa

Neowinian

Posted 30 April 2012 - 20:08

great job. it looks really good

#84 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 April 2012 - 20:18

It does - in fact, I use it as my Steam default (and yes, I'm running the Consumer Preview, and in x64, no less).

I'm not much on non-Valve skins for Steam; however, this one actually fits the rest of the Consumer Preview.

#85 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 01 May 2012 - 00:48

Thank you!

It does - in fact, I use it as my Steam default (and yes, I'm running the Consumer Preview, and in x64, no less).

I'm not much on non-Valve skins for Steam; however, this one actually fits the rest of the Consumer Preview.

That was the goal! Thanks for the comment.

#86 ~Nikhil~

~Nikhil~

Neowinian

• Phone: lumia 800

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:27

if i may ask did u use expression blend for this UI design and coded using c# ..im just newbie trying to learn these stuff so im bit curious on how u implemented
btw greata job .ive really love it

#87 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 01 May 2012 - 14:27

if i may ask did u use expression blend for this UI design and coded using c# ..im just newbie trying to learn these stuff so im bit curious on how u implemented
btw greata job .ive really love it

Steam uses their own languages for their client. It's very similar to CSS for styling and makes use of what they call layout files for positioning.

I'm glad you love it so much! :)

#88 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 05 May 2012 - 00:18

Version 1.1 - Download

Tons of changes and fixes with plenty more in store. I'm already planning 1.2!

1.1.PNG

#89 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 05 May 2012 - 00:27

Tons of changes and fixes with plenty more in store. I'm already planning 1.2!

And tons of awesome. This version persuaded me to change from the default skin and, like a previous poster, I'm not looking back. :)

#90 OP +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:32

And tons of awesome. This version persuaded me to change from the default skin and, like a previous poster, I'm not looking back. :)

Now that's what I want to hear! Thanks! :D