Metro for Steam - 3.6.8

Cool! Looks awesome! (Y)

Btw, I still have the .psd for the logo if you need it.

I agree, thanks again for the suggestion!

I'd love the PSD. I ended up doing some channel work to extract just the logo so the edges probably aren't as nice as they could be.

Totally hot.

:D

Oh yeah.. duh. I rarely use the Steam menu, I usually use the jump list from the taskbar. Maybe make the text smaller or something

The only reason I made it that large is to match the Windows 8 start screen, which is what the theme is strongly based upon. It's actually smaller than the real thing. If I made it even smaller I'd have to change the rest of the design consequently, and I'm not so sure I'm comfortable doing that.

Who knows though, I'll have to see what it looks like as a concept.

I agree, thanks again for the suggestion!

I'd love the PSD. I ended up doing some channel work to extract just the logo so the edges probably aren't as nice as they could be.

Steam Logo.psd

I'm hoping that Valve will respond to that friend window problem soon.

Steam Logo.psd

I'm hoping that Valve will respond to that friend window problem soon.

Thanks!

I emailed three people, one of which responded within 24 hours. The news? Not so good. She said they dropped support for client skinning with the 2010 redesign so there isn't much she could do.

Looks like I'm on my own...

Thanks!

I emailed three people, one of which responded within 24 hours. The news? Not so good. She said they dropped support for client skinning with the 2010 redesign so there isn't much she could do.

Looks like I'm on my own...

I the theme will create some buzz with the community or at least wake up Valve to do some work on their stuff.

It's just not funny anymore how little Valve actually does now, Steam is a cash cow and it made them lazier than they already were.

Awesome looking skin so far dude, will be fun to try it, any plans on making this work with the mac version of Steam also?

I the theme will create some buzz with the community or at least wake up Valve to do some work on their stuff.

It's just not funny anymore how little Valve actually does now, Steam is a cash cow and it made them lazier than they already were.

It would be great if Valve resumed openly supporting skins for the Steam client again. There are a lot of little things (like an auto-reloading client) that would prove to be a serious help.

Awesome looking skin so far dude, will be fun to try it, any plans on making this work with the mac version of Steam also?

Thanks! I would support OS X but I don't have a Mac to test it on.

I suppose I can just remove the OS X specific parameters and hope for the best. :p

How's it coming?

Great, lots of minor things done.

I'm going to give it a good look over the weekend and see if it's ready for release.

You could try doing a small neowin beta first :)

The weekend is pretty much here. I'm going to look it over tonight and release it either later or tomorrow, depending on if I find anything that really needs fixing.

Once it's released Neowin will be among the first to know!

• Like 2

Version 1.0 is released! Go grab it from deviantART!

post-288886-0-98597100-1335634751_thumb.

Reporting Issues:

Please report ALL issues over at Google Code. This system will allow me to address any and all issues/suggestions in an efficient manner.

I suspect everyone here has a Google account so this shouldn't be a problem. You'd be doing me a huge favor by not posting issues in this thread, as I've also released this theme on deviantART and the Steam forums, and as you can imagine it would be quite difficult to follow all three.

Thanks!

I've just installed this skin for myself. I don't see myself changing from it again in the future. Really, excellent job BoneyardBrew.

This is an outstanding skin, I'm glad it got released!

Had one small issue (reported on google code) but it doesn't deter me from using it at all!

Just installed this and it looks great. is there any way to get the screenshots on the game pages like in the official skin?

I've just installed this skin for myself. I don't see myself changing from it again in the future. Really, excellent job BoneyardBrew.

Wow, that means a lot! Thanks, Paul!

This is an outstanding skin, I'm glad it got released!

Had one small issue (reported on google code) but it doesn't deter me from using it at all!

Thank you for the comment and the bug report!

Just installed this and it looks great. is there any way to get the screenshots on the game pages like in the official skin?

Thanks!

I was trying to work that in the begin with but Valve really strapped down the code for the images. The best solution was unfortunately leaving them out altogether.

Love it.

Thank you!

Looks nice!

Thanks, Jan!

So glad this is finally out, brilliant skin!

Awesome work mate! (Y)

Thanks to the both of you! I appreciate it.

Looks fantastic -- great job.

My only issue/bug is that my wallet has some leftover change, and that appears behind "VIEW FRIENDS."