The New Robocop Will Be "More Human"

Hmmm, I honestly think their only prototype costumes and will most likely be CGI ontop of the uniform, or atleast I hope.

There's not much point in re-doing a film called robocop and then not make him very robotic, they might aswell just just call it something else.

It seems odd, I'll still watch it though

The suit doesn't look bad at all.

But of course people will auto-hate this new one anyway.

No no, you're missing the point. This isn't a robot suit. This just looks like some fancy designed Kevlar. Robocop was a freaking robot more than anything physically ... this looks like a dude wearing military protective gear.

It's not about auto hate ... it's about the loss of the concept. And that is what is happening here. This looks like the sort of gear you'd expect the police to wear in 2028.... not the body of a robot cop.

• 3 weeks later...

Bull ****. The whole point is a cash grab and that's it. It's a fluke that some reboots come out decent (Star Trek)

Well of course there is money in it, but I think it's a bit simplistic to think everyone envolved with the film is only interested in the "cash grab". If that was the case they would have made the film years ago rather than developing it for so long.

Every film is a "cash grab", the studio has to make money.

Well, technology has moved on, so who's to say RoboCop needs to be a big and bulky as the original? Though being all black does take away from it overall. I think if it had some silver in it like some have said it'd be alright.

Being a massive Robocop 1 and 2 fan. These pictures make this film just blahhhh. I can see it being for kids!! Ruined it!

I want the old quotes "Can you fly bobby" :p

Being a massive Robocop 1 and 2 fan. These pictures make this film just blahhhh. I can see it being for kids!! Ruined it!

I want the old quotes "Can you fly bobby" :p

You say that, but the first one was hella popular with me & my peers when I was 7 or 8; there was action figures and everything.

I always found it odd how R rated films spawned kids toys. The my not have been openly aimed at kids, but they damn well knew they'd see them.

a lot of old/classic films were pretty violent.

Sadly came to an end... it's all about the PG-13 now!.. sad days.

Robocop was and is one of the most violent films ever made.

False.

Robo2 was more violent and pales in comparison to something like Total Recall.

False.

Robo2 was more violent and pales in comparison to something like Total Recall.

Actually you need to watch the directors cut of the original Robocop 1. For a mainstream movie it is ultra-violent and one of the few movies that's made me cringe. The part where Murphy gets shot up is much more intense than the original version.

That said this reboot does not look good.

When my smokin' hot fiancee says "Oh my god, what have they done to Robocop", you know it's gonna be bad ... she's not even a massive fan of it, and she can even see it's an abomination. She says "he looks like some random dude in kevlar"

If Nolan's Batman and Marvel's Iron Man had a baby, this would be it!

Honestly, I'd rather see this suit in an Iron Man movie, etc!