The New Robocop Will Be "More Human"

I bet they wont have any over the top rambo style gun fights or kills in this. Robocop should be bloody!

I'll buy that for a dollar!!!!!

I wouldn't buy a 6000 SUX even for a dollar. It just SUX.

Shoot me.

Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

oh noes.....why??? the first movie really was ahead of it's time: dealed with several social and economic issues, greedy omnipresent corporations (hint hint), robotic black humour (ed-209 first scene is classic..heck all ed-209 scenes are priceless), depressing future and many more. The movie was violent, somehow dark, comical, had a good suspension of belief and the most important: had a good story backed with top notch performance from Peter Weller. It's not Oscar material sure, but alot of good movies aren't either.

yeah im agreeing with many of you. This is just silly to do a remake of this. More human? I think they should do GITS and just have the brain and nervous system left in a sweet as suit.

Re-watching the original it is kind of silly and except for the part where he is getting shot, which is extra bloody. I have a feeling this new one will be toned down.

• 2 months later...
Samuel L. Jackson has joined the cast of Jose Padilha's RoboCop, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter. He'll play Pat Novak, a powerful TV mogul opposite Joel Kinnaman's Alex Murphy and Gary Oldman's scientist named Norton.

A reboot of the 1987 Paul Verhoeven film, RoboCop will again tell the story of a police officer who, after nearly being killed in the line of duty, is rebuilt as a crime-fighting cyborg. The original film spawned two sequels and multiple television series spinoffs.

Jackson was recently seen on the big screen in Marvel's The Avengers as Nick Fury. Coming up, he'll re-team with Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained, set for release on Christmas Day.

RoboCop, meanwhile, is scheduled to hit theaters on August 9, 2013.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91086

Robocop vs Terminator on SNES would make a really interesting movie. I wish they'd scrap what they're doing here and go for this instead.

So the new robocop will be will smith from the "I robot" fml, Hollywood stop sh*tting on my childhood.

OK, I've officially given up on hollywood and anything they touch lately turns to turds.

and they blame piracy.....

• 4 weeks later...

zlnhJ.png

"SAFETY. CONVICTION. LEADERSHIP.

For a half-century, these words have set the framework upon which OmniCorp has aimed to build a brighter world.

We don't do passive technology. At OmniCorp, our solutions generate a beacon of safety that we shine upon on the dangers of the day. No matter the obstacle - political, cultural, philosophical - we pursue our convictions around the globe to secure peace of mind at home. And when this requires bold new direction, we never allow doubt to shrink our duty. When your quality of life is in the balance, our leadership team will tip the scales.

Our products have elevated your lives. Our people have inspired your future. Our passion will always be at your side."

http://www.omnicorp.com/

HumoCop doesn't really have the same ring to it.... :laugh:

How about a spinoff? Homocop: You have the right to remain fabulous!