Dexter (Season 7)

If he collected the round IF it went through, they can't do a bullet trace. As far as I know anyways.

good point,

Dex, being a forensics expert will know that then so surely he did that. I also wonder if they will leave her there? Because how dex was going to set it up to look, is not how it looks now. and forensics would be able to tell they didnt shot each other and their was a third shooter. but then again, could laguerta just dissapear after going after dexter.

she could, they could blame the "real" bay harbour butcher

Guess I am one of the only Dexter fans who thought this whole season was pretty damn bad overall. Now a bad season of Dexter is still better than 95% of TV out there, but it just did not do anything for me overall.

I guess they potentially have set things up to be good again for the final season, but I don't know, I have some doubts.

The Quinn story arc was rather forgettable (apart from boobies) but I thought this season was great. It irked me that his dirty cop routine STILL hasn't come back to bite him. Perhaps they are setting his character up for a grand ending.

The crazy bull man with his mazes, Isaac was badass, Deb and Dexter dealing with Dexters issues. Hannah = gorgeous, and someone died who I've wanted dead from season 1.

Just watched the finale.

Boy o Boy. I sure as hell miss Doakes now. Makes me wanna re-watch that season.

---------------

The ending was done masterfully. Throughout the season, Deb' acting has been over the top. Superb, to say the very least. The scene where she told Dex about her love for him, her acting was just priceless. As always, I loved her abusive words and laughed pretty hard every time I heard them. 41.gif

Overall, excellent season throughout. With a beautiful start where Deb gets to know The Dark...Whatever of her brother, to the charismatic appearance of Issac to Laguerta' death, everything about this season was awesome

---------------

Also, is it confirmed that next season will be the last one?

• Like 3

Just watched the finale.

Boy o Boy. I sure as hell miss Doakes now. Makes me wanna re-watch that season.

---------------

The ending was done masterfully. Throughout the season, Deb' acting has been over the top. Superb, to say the very least. The scene where she told Dex about her love for him, her acting was just priceless. As always, I loved her abusive words and laughed pretty hard every time I heard them. 41.gif

Overall, excellent season throughout. With a beautiful start where Deb gets to know The Dark...Whatever of her brother, to the charismatic appearance of Issac to Laguerta' death, everything about this season was awesome

---------------

I am almost positive that next season is the last (but until we see commericals for "Last Season") they may work out a deal for another.. doubtful though.

Watching the last episode really made me miss doakes... his lines were classic. Def agree with Issac - great character who I would have liked to see in more episodes.

Cant agree with you on Deb's acting or her story arc, I just havent liked her character since season 1.. really cant wait to see how these writers clean up all of the mess from this season.. hopefully they can spin it into a believable story, just too many loose ends for Dexter/Deb

Edit - "Showtime?s Dark Passenger is making his way towards the exit, as Dexter executive producer Sara Colleton not only reveals that the series was originally supposed to end this year, but that it will ?absolutely? end next year." - from 5 months ago

"The Hollywood Reporter: Will season eight be the final year, or might Dexter continue to beyond that?

Scott Buck: I don't have an answer to that because that's a Showtime decision. As far as I know, no actual decision has been made yet. I wish I knew so I could plan my life accordingly, but I don't really know (laughs)." - from 1 day ago... so there is still some hope..

It appears not even showrunner Scott Buck knows if Dexter will conclude next season or not. Vulture sat down with the man to get a progress report on season eight and he said, next season "might be the last. That hasn?t been announced yet. We?ve been picked up for one more season, but whether that is the last one or not has not yet been determined."

Currently, that unknown factor is not going to influence how the writing of season eight plays out. "I think we?ll still do relatively the same season one way or another because we have some very big stories that are leaning towards Dexter?s end, but whether it leads to the actual finale or not, well..."

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/171505-season-8-may-or-may-not-be-dexters-last

EDIT: Even link above from jerzdawg says Season 9 is a possiblity

Finally got caught up with this. Finale was a let down for me. More I think about it I will not be happy with how they will end it. I mean they will either have to have him killed off by Deb or go to prison. It not in his nature to just stop.

I'm still like, what the hell.

Deb shoots Laguerta with, what I presume to be, her service weapon. How do you explain the ballistics evidence as all law enforcement issued weapons are ballistics tested? Also, both Deb and Dex were at the same location, so their phone records and GPS data can still be subpoenaed or gotten by warrant. And, what about the previous warrants that Laguerta obtained? There's a digital record of the request as well as the judge who signed it knowing what it is they've signed.

I wonder this too about the bullet. I guess the body could just disappear.

Of course it is going to end with him either being killed or going to prison and i think that'll be lethal injection.

They can't let him have a happy ending. He is a serial killer, even if he is a nice one. :laugh:

Deb will crack and end up going mad or killed in the process (suicide?) and Dexter I'm pretty sure we won't know for sure what will happen to him, he'll be found out but probably make a run for it, almost/maybe getting killed in the process too, maybe in such a way we don't know for sure lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...

Got up to episode 6 and it was getting pretty darn exciting, then every following episode got progressively worse until the finale which was mostly unwatchable. I hope series 8 improves and is the last, because after seeing the last 6 episodes I really do think they've done all the storylines that were possible with a 'sensible' dexter and have just came up with stupidity now unfortunately.