Wanna see how the witcher 2 stacks up on the 360?

Did you turn off post processing outside of the settings. I think it's just a post process effect for cinematics, and may not be affected by the graphics settings. Though it's been a while since I played it.

Nope. Everything is on. Except Ubersampling, that was off until I played it on Ultra settings and still didn't have the red-weirdness going on.

The video doesn't do the PC version justice and not even close to it. Looks better than that.

It does indeed.

If only there was a PS3 version to compare to,

because it really would look like turd.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they did a pretty good port in terms of performance and visual quality balance, shame the source game is cak.

I recently bought this game and I think it's great. However, I can understand why some people wouldn't like it... It's not exactly in your face and accessible. But that's the point, I think.

Anyway, since this thread is more about graphics... I'd say they did a pretty good job. It reminds me of the time when id ported Doom 3 to the original Xbox. It got a severe graphical pruning, but still ended up looking and playing pretty damn good. The only severe issue I've had with the graphics is a few texture glitches, like not loading the detail textures quickly enough.. but other than that, it's nice.

I recently bought this game and I think it's great. However, I can understand why some people wouldn't like it... It's not exactly in your face and accessible. But that's the point, I think.

The dialogue choices in The Witcher 2 are certainly far removed from something like ME3 or DA2. A much truer ARPG.