Compiz killed genome

Hi

I installed the 32bit version for linix mint 12 lisa on within windows 7 (as an win application). Upgraded it to DVD version to include the add ons and codecs, then updated the packages(by clicking update manager). Finally i installed compiz and all its extras. I know compiz works with genome classics and not the new gnome, so every time i login to "genome classic" instead of "genome". but what i see is that installing the compiz has killed by genome effects totally. When i boot into the "genome" i don't see the title bars just two icons "my computer" and "home" folder. Tried re-installing compiz it didnt work.

Compiz is working for now with genome classic environment.

Point to note here is that i also added the compiz in my startup programs,(didn't work without this) so can that be the issue? or is there something else i need to fix?

I think gnome by default already installs 3D desktop, not sure if still using compiz or another 3D api for that.

However try on a shell compiz --replace &

Let me know.

I think gnome by default already installs 3D desktop, not sure if still using compiz or another 3D api for that.

However try on a shell compiz --replace &

Let me know.

didnt work..:(

That is a little bit vague, what happened? error messages? Try uninstalling whatever you installed.

Do you remember if you had anything pre-selected on the compiz group? Because Gnome already brings 3D accelerated desktop. I think compiz isn't part of the "package" anymore and was replaced with something else.

I'm not 100% sure of what you're actually asking.

But by default, compiz has no borders or titles, you need to launch the compiz option program and enable the functions you want (e.g. titles and menu)