Things I would like to see in WP8

There isn't any :p

Except for a few of course

Do you own a WP7? I guess you dont because if you do you would know there are tons of annoyance.

It is just too painful to use sometimes.

Do you own a WP7? I guess you dont because if you do you would know there are tons of annoyance.

I don't have any issues with it now that the disappearing keyboard issue is gone. I love my Windows Phone.

I'm sure there are somethings to point to but that's the same on any platform, plus what troubles one person doesn't bother the next. It'd help if you named off some things though, then we'd have more to go on.

I'd love the ability to create and manage hubs on the fly. For example, have built in categories (following the ones in the marketplace) that would auto-curate when you install and uninstall apps. So when you would download Evernote, it would appear in the "tools + productivity" hub similar to how games are handled.

On the start screen you'd have the tile and it would look and function just like the people tile, tap on it and you could have a long list of all of your "tools + productivity" apps with the option of swiping to the side to show your favorite apps of that category in tile form just like the current start screen. This would kind of marry the idea of multiple start screens and folders.

Also, landscape support for first party apps that lack it, the start screen, and the lock screen.

I'd love the ability to create and manage hubs on the fly. For example, have built in categories (following the ones in the marketplace) that would auto-curate when you install and uninstall apps. So when you would download Evernote, it would appear in the "tools + productivity" hub similar to how games are handled.

On the start screen you'd have the tile and it would look and function just like the people tile, tap on it and you could have a long list of all of your "tools + productivity" apps with the option of swiping to the side to show your favorite apps of that category in tile form just like the current start screen. This would kind of marry the idea of multiple start screens and folders.

Also, landscape support for first party apps that lack it, the start screen, and the lock screen.

Would that not ruin the idea of the live tiles? You can't see the info on each tile anymore if they are grouped underneath one main tile

Or am I wrong on that? I don't own a WP

Would that not ruin the idea of the live tiles? You can't see the info on each tile anymore if they are grouped underneath one main tile

Or am I wrong on that? I don't own a WP

You would have your favorite and most used apps pinned to the start screen but if you use a type of app sparingly you could use a hub. Think of how most people use the other platforms. You'd have your most used applications on the primary screen and you swipe to expose infrequently used applications on other screens. Kind of the same idea I'm proposing but I'm trying to leverage the live tiles and the metro interface.

You would be able to tap on the hub's tile to enter it and would be confronted with a three pivot hub. The leftmost pivot could be tiles of apps that you've chosen, your favorite or most useful in that category. In the center pivot would be a listing of all the apps assigned to that hub and on the right most pivot could be a "spotlight" of similar apps in the marketplace.

I think that it would be useful to have automatically populated hubs based on the app type, like "tools + productivity" but to also have user generated ones that you can manually create and assign apps to. All your apps would be in the main app list like normal but with the added option to further organize your apps

I want NFC, and standardized "dock" support too. And bigger/better/faster/stronger, obviously.

Apple has standard docking coz they dont license their socalled iProducts. They have the same physical design almost on all the iphone versions

. WP is licensed to OEMs so it will be different as they cant/wont maintain same physical design.

Yes, I do. And I know what I am talking about

I'm sure there are somethings to point to but that's the same on any platform, plus what troubles one person doesn't bother the next. It'd help if you named off some things though, then we'd have more to go on.

One other thing I would like (And I know this is a stupid little thing), but it would be very nice to be able to create folders to organize the saved pictures in the pictures hub. For example, have one for Wallpapers, Pictures of Family, Etc. It would just make it easier to find things...

One other thing I would like (And I know this is a stupid little thing), but it would be very nice to be able to create folders to organize the saved pictures in the pictures hub. For example, have one for Wallpapers, Pictures of Family, Etc. It would just make it easier to find things...

Since they added grouping to the people hub the same sorta idea can be done for pictures, it shouldn't be hard. I don't think they'd ever call anything like that "folders" though, even if the idea is basically the same thing in the end. Folders don't really go with the whole WP UI idea, but grouping/groups works, heh.

So your point?? this thread is about what you want to see in WP8 and that is what i want..

tbh Iphone and Android 4.0 seems to have removed many annoyance and its time for WP7.

Yes, I do. And I know what I am talking about

So your point?? this thread is about what you want to see in WP8 and that is what i want..

tbh Iphone and Android 4.0 seems to have removed many annoyance and its time for WP7.

My point is that you speak of annoyances yet don't name out any so we can understand. Also what you think of as annoying doesn't apply to everyone else either, again, naming something gives us a better idea. Other people have managed to bring up specific things but you just tossed out something general with nothing to go on.

• Like 1

My point is that you speak of annoyances yet don't name out any so we can understand. Also what you think of as annoying doesn't apply to everyone else either, again, naming something gives us a better idea. Other people have managed to bring up specific things but you just tossed out something general with nothing to go on.

Agreed.

DevilsNotDead, you can't make a statement like that and not provide examples of the "so called" annoyances!!

• Like 1

exactly... what my annoyance might not be an annoyance to you and your might not be to me... How about getting ride of both of it??

wp7 is annoying as hell... seems like you dont like people saying wp7 is annoying. yeah its annoying how do u feel now.

wp7 is annoying as hell... seems like you dont like people saying wp7 is annoying. yeah its annoying how do u feel now.

We are not discussing what is annoying and what isn't. If you want to say the WP7 is annoying, make another thread. This place isn't the right one

• Like 2

We are not discussing what is annoying and what isn't. If you want to say the WP7 is annoying, make another thread. This place isn't the right one

read the actual post where i said i need annoyance gone from wp7 and that is what i want from wp8 and people started defending wp7..

dont reply if you dont know how to read... read previous post before responding.

read the actual post where i said i need annoyance gone from wp7 and that is what i want from wp8 and people started defending wp7..

dont reply if you dont know how to read... read previous post before responding.

Your posts just have no substance. It's fine to say something sucks, that's your opinion. But if you have an issue with something you have to be able to defend your stand point. Otherwise it's just trolling to me.