LA shelter hopes cats' iPad art draws in donations

April 12, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) -- A Los Angeles animal shelter that lets its cats chase toys on top of iPads hope the digital art created by the movement will encourage donations of money and tablet computers. :huh:

An Animal Planet crew visited the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles for the April 14 episode of "Must Love Cats," where they documented how four cats used an app called Paint for Cats.

The results were so compelling that the shelter turned them into notecards. The cards with drawings named "Study in Feather Toys" and "Movement in Catnip" are being sold online for $5.99 a pack.

Shelter president Madeline Bernstein says the cats had so much fun, they put used iPads on their wish list so other cats can paint, too. :cat:

source

post-37120-0-40705000-1334323201.jpg

That's really cute. But... Donations? That seems ironic since they could probably sell the iPads for more than they would get from that. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. Just seems a touch pretentious, and this is coming from someone who's a huge cat person and will probably try to do this myself. Time to find a good paint program on my Galaxy tab :D