Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS

I saw the 1st video, and yet he didnt use a Windows Phone, with those tile updating and ****. You wont see widgets or a main screen, thats it, all its on the main screen

It's not Android Vs. iOS Vs. WP7, so why in the hell would he use a Windows Phone?? Also, tiles suck. I can't stand them.

Yay, Android :hug: ! Pats on the back for all :spindj: !

You guys finally won the Smartphone war :happy:

On behalf of Google and everyone who has ever "Google'd it", thank you.

Well ... there you have it. lol.

I prefer my iPhone over my Samsung Android phone with ICS. That said. I appreciate that Google are getting better and better. But no ... generally, my iPhone is nicer. Better quality screen that any ... yes ANY Android device (not talking about resolution here ... resolution isn't the only thing that counts). Better design than any phone out there. Better core features that can be called on when making apps. Yes, you may have lots of customisation on the Android platform, but doing some really simple visual effects on the iPhone is literally a minute's worth of adding it. Whereas on the Android platform, in many instances, it means writing a custom piece of code.

I do prefer making apps for Android. That's true. It's more work to be honest, but it's a little more customisable and let's be honest, Google will allow any old crap onto the store. That's why theres a massive percentage of awful apps. And take a look at most apps on iOS / Android. They're mostly higher grade on iOS. Reason being that most people make iOS apps and then make Android ones later. You can't argue that. It's a fact.

There's good and bad reasons to have either platform. I get around it by owning both. I work for a developer and we make for both. These videos do nothing but prove the phone he uses works for him. Doesn't make it so for everyone else.

(Y)

psht, wasn't much of a war. However, thank you. It's definitely a day worth celebrating :D

Thats not what the videos were about or what people are saying here. This "war" as you call it, will always be. There will always be fans of all platforms debating on which is better. No different from any other product.

Android is a mess. You can clearly see massive fragmentation issues. My problem is because so fragmented 3rd party accessories are hard to find specific phone. i

Hmm.. what? Since when does an OS fragmentation lead to 3rd party accessories being hard to find? That's a manufacturer pushing out 1001 phones a year problem, that's hardly.. no.. NOT an Android problem.

Fail-Troll-Post is Fail.

these debates wouldn't be possible without Apple. Sure other makers have developed different approaches or have simplified certain aspects of the user experience but keep in mind that without Apple we would all still be clunking away on some crappy flip-phone. I'm no Apple fanboy ( I own an ipod touch 2nd gen) but I can admit that without Apple, no one would be talking about this at all. Give them some props for innovating when other companies can't.

these debates wouldn't be possible without Apple. Sure other makers have developed different approaches or have simplified certain aspects of the user experience but keep in mind that without Apple we would all still be clunking away on some crappy flip-phone. I'm no Apple fanboy ( I own an ipod touch 2nd gen) but I can admit that without Apple, no one would be talking about this at all. Give them some props for innovating when other companies can't.

Apple was the first to bring this idea to market. However, I doubt Apple has all the ideas that no one else can think of. We would have similar tech without Apple...maybe at a later time, but the world will go on without them.

Android is a mess. You can clearly see massive fragmentation issues. My problem is because so fragmented 3rd party accessories are hard to find specific phone. i

what? :x Where have you seen accessories which says that they dont work with older version of Android?

Also, If you buy Samsung most of their accessories works with most of their phones.. same with any manufacturer.

Nice videos showing the honest comparison. I've always thought the problem with Apple is simple, it's..

S.O.S. - "Style Over Substance".

Sure, they look gorgeous, the computers, the phones, the whole ethos looks great but there's no customisation there, there's no choice there. You're stuck with what you're given.

As Google is running a more "open source" experience then people are free to improve upon it, look at the modding community for Android, many of whose improvements or changes came to Android 4.

The lead developer in CyanogenMod ended up working for Samsung because they recognise the talent and innovation in the community. Apple is a closed experience. Google is not.

Android has dozens of different launchers with different feels and looks (even iPhone designs if you want that), the iPhone has one launcher and if you want to change it you basically have to void your warranty, what the hell?!

The iSet is for sheep, Android is for individuals.

OS wise, I thought it was common knowledge that ICS is miles ahead of IOS....

edIt: im not trolling, it's just obvious.People are getting caught up in 3rd party app support issues, hardware comparisons etc. This topic is about the actual OS's, and you'd have to be a complete fool to think IOS was any were near ICS - or even HC for that matter.

• Like 1

OS wise, I thought it was common knowledge that ICS is miles ahead of IOS....

i wouldnt say miles, but i do think think their notifications and widgets are WAY better then iOS. as well as animated live backgounds

just saying. can't screw with airplay. it's brilliant. use it all over my place with anything with speakers hooked up via my iphone. love it.

Apple was the first to bring this idea to market. However, I doubt Apple has all the ideas that no one else can think of. We would have similar tech without Apple...maybe at a later time, but the world will go on without them.

What Apple does.. and this is really well known, is they see companies like Samsung or LG or whatever come out with revolutionary new tech and then Apple goes and buys it and basically side blocks with their contracts that noone else can really get access to those same new innovations for a certain period of time.. usually 6-12 months. They do every dirty trick int he book to prevent others from coming out with the product with the same tech. And then, they go and say how they invented it. It's really one huge joke.

One good example is what they were doing with ASUS and the dirty games and blackmails they were doing in order to prevent supply of Transformers to ASUS which was built by a 3rd party.

That's really all there is to it. Apple doesn't innovate sh**. They just prevent others from getting the new stuff from the same sources first every way they can so they can spread this illusion that they are innovators. But listen, Apple is a bubble, and when it bursts it will take down a lot of naive people. Especially now without Steve Jobs. They have absolutely no vision and market is already reacting.

Five Signs That Apple Is A Bubble

http://www.forbes.co...le-is-a-bubble/

just saying. can't screw with airplay. it's brilliant. use it all over my place with anything with speakers hooked up via my iphone. love it.

Yeah the only problem is that you have to buy another piece of hardware to use it.. and try using it with 1080p videos. See how that goes and report back.

Yeah the only problem is that you have to buy another piece of hardware to use it.. and try using it with 1080p videos. See how that goes and report back.

no you don't... media server/htpc is a win 7 ion2 box running xbmc (supports it). my desktop supports it with this http://sourceforge.n...ts/shairport4w/ and on my mac i use this http://www.rogueamoe...l/speakers.php. it's awesome. and why would i stream 1080p from an iphone. my iphone can't even do 1080p... the 720p video to xbmc that i recorded with the camera worked fine the only time i tried just test it out. and i only use it for music. clicking my lock screen, changing the device to play it to. 1 second pause later it's switched. it's awesome.

So the guy uses Android for a year, and iOS for a week and decides that the iPhone isn't as good? Fair comparison brahhh

He didn't say iPhone isn't good. He said and actually showed why Android is far better for productivity and overall experience for users and also more consistent across the board as an OS. Something that everyone who is actually reasonable, objective and an actual user of Android knew for years now.

That's really all there is to it. Apple doesn't innovate sh**. They just prevent others from getting the new stuff from the same sources first every way they can so they can spread this illusion that they are innovators.

LOOOOOOL. You know, I didn't want to cast judgment based on what some others have been saying in here about you, but wow you are seriously delusional in the mindset you have towards Apple. I'm not sure if you are just butthurt that Apple is successful or are just on the bandwagon of ihaters, but it's comical at the lengths you will go to complain about Apple and refuse to give them credit for anything. That's great that you love Android and hate Apple; You're entitled to that. But if you are going to say something so mindless, don't expect anybody to take you seriously. Watch what you say or more people are going to not even bother reading the spew you let loose.

also more consistent across the board as an OS

More consistent? Why? Because of the universal back button that changes its behavior pretty wildly depending on the app you're in?

More consistent? Why? Because of the universal back button that changes its behavior pretty wildly depending on the app you're in?

Is there a point with arguing with Boz? I'm just curious, because this thread seems more like an orgy of Fandroidom than anything that resembles an intelligent conversation.

• Like 1

He does a good job showing off android but what he shows and my experience with it aren't the same. I think if I bought an Android device I'd be stuck with an old OS and always wondering when or if my OEM is going to release the latest update for my phone. The android phones also feel obsolete the minute they are released because so many android phones are released all the time.

I know that having an iPhone 4S I'll get the next two iOS updates without fail and I like that. If I got an Android now running ICS I'd feel like I need to buy a new device sooner than I'd like just to get the latest operating system with it.

A lot of what he talks about with regards to iOS issues are a lack of customisation by Apple and niggly UI things like having to go to the settings menu to turn WiFi or Bluetooth on/off. These are things Apple could easily fix and probably will in iOS6 (as they are I think running low on critical things to add to the OS now that Notifications and Siri have been implemented). Also I do kind of take issue with his notification problems because he showed it with the devices unlocked and on the home screen. This is an unrealistic scenario, who leaves their device on the home screen all the time? A more common scenario would be leaving your device on the lock screen and on iOS all your recent notifications are displayed there until you dismiss them. I feel he did this on purpose to mislead the viewer.

I read "I realized that Android has a much more polished UI and more intuitive features" in the first YouTube video description and closed the browser window. What a ridiculously false statement.

hahahah I'm still laughing too, pointless video, you can convert your biased preferences into facts, that stupid.